GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Check deadlock ! "

Odahviing

hey guys,
got a brand spanking new vw golf mk6, 1.6tdi, 105bhp. every time i stop the engine and take the key out, there's this message on the display "check deadlock! owner's manual". now, i'm not from a native english speaking country so naturally my manual isn't in english. which is annoying as translations are bogus sometimes and look like they were done using babelfish or something. i called up my service representative and asked him about it. he said he'll return a call which he never did.
and if that was annoying, the next part is off the scale. every time i slowly back up, when i break, there's a small thumping sound coming from underneath the car. i sent it back into service and asked them to check everything as it's not possible for a brand new car to come fully equipped with
issues. they called me back saying they tightened some bolts from the front and rear decks and it should be ok. everything else (breaks, all the joints) were all fine and dandy. two days later, there's that same thumping sound again. i tried getting some answers from the forums in my country (romania) but i suspect that the only fellas on those forums are the mechanics from the services. they're clueless.

can i get some ideas in, please?
thanks

Odahviing

thanks for the post, i read the answers on that forum and it doesn't seem like i can turn it off or that there's something wrong. it's just a reminder. annoying but i'm sure it'll diminish in importance now that i know it's all good.
now there's still the matter of the other issue. if anyone has a clue on what might be going on, i would appreciate it. i'll send it back for a service anyway but service rep in romania isn't at an all time high. i just don't trust them that much. so before i send it in, i want to have a small clue at least as to what's going on.

thanks again