GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passat lower control arms question

Dark Anghell1

Ready to race!
I know this topic has been covered before, but I'd rather not sift through 10+ pages of chit chatting.

1) Do the B6 Passat lower control arms fit on MK6 GTI 100%? Are there any additional parts needed to make them work, like rear bushing?

2) What are the part numbers for these arms?

3) Do they come with front bushing already pressed in?

I am going back to stock bushings...currently have Whiteline WALK kit and front bushings. Figured instead of buying regular rubber bushing for the front and pressing it back into my stock control arms, I could buy aluminum ones with bushings already pressed in. However if this is not a direct fit, I'll just skip this and press stock bushing back into my control arms.

Thank in advance!

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
1. Yes direct fit. No additional parts.
2. 3C0407151E.
3. Yes if you buy from ECS the OEM and non-OEM stuff has the bushing already.

Superpro isn't the answer for everything but any reason you want Passat arms with stock bushings?

Dark Anghell1

Ready to race!
1. Yes direct fit. No additional parts.
2. 3C0407151E.
3. Yes if you buy from ECS the OEM and non-OEM stuff has the bushing already.

Superpro isn't the answer for everything but any reason you want Passat arms with stock bushings?

Thank you for your response! I appreciate it.

At the moment I have whiteline bushings and WALK kit installed...it's amazing performance-wise. But I'm starting to miss the more comfortable ride where I don't feel every single rock on the road. Also car might be parted out and sold sometime this year, so I'd rather go with OEM parts or as close to OEM as possible. Seems like OEM Passat arms with bushings sell for less than OEM GTI steel arms do.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
The aluminum housing that comes with the 3C0407151E from ECS won't fit the GTI subframe but the bushing is fine.

The simplest solution for you is to reuse the Whiteline WALK and bushing. Or just replace with the S3 bushing/housing if it has to be stock parts.ES514232

Depending on your mileage you may want to replace the bolts under there as well.

Dark Anghell1

Ready to race!
The aluminum housing that comes with the 3C0407151E from ECS won't fit the GTI subframe but the bushing is fine.

The simplest solution for you is to reuse the Whiteline WALK and bushing. Or just replace with the S3 bushing/housing if it has to be stock parts.ES514232

Depending on your mileage you may want to replace the bolts under there as well.

So OEM GTI bushing/housing won't work on these guys? From the sound of it, it would still be cheaper to just buy OEM front bushings and pay someone to press them into OEM control arms. I'm at 60K miles, so I may look into getting new bolts as well. I know some of them are stretch bolts, but a couple were replaced with stronger ones when I installed the collar kit.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Is the WALK that harsh? I have the SP and threw it on as the same time as a 26mm solid front sway bar without feeling much of any change in comfort.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
ECS also sells suspension refresh kits for the bolts. Coincidentally ECS was advertising them in their news letter today.
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/ES2582079_ES2581749_ES2581593/ES2581749/

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/ES2582079_ES2581749_ES2581593/ES2581593/

For me, when I hit 30K my bushings were definitely soft but I also had a lot more suspension work done by that time. Just replacing the bolts, having everything torqued to spec with an alignment made a huge difference.

engineered2win

Ready to race!
Keep in mind you can find them on Car-Part.com all day long. I bought my Passat spindles and control arms for like $10 each. I bought replacement front bushings and Febi TT rear bushings and it was a nice upgrade for under $60.

torga

Autocross Champion
Lemme resurrect this thread; just don't want to start another topic.

So according to this thread and many others, the correct P/N for these arms is 3C0407151E.

Are there any other revisions that fit? I pulled a LCA off a B6 Passat today and its part number is 3C0407153B. Will this arm not fit? I can't find anything on the forums that talks about this particular P/N, but it was my understanding that any B6 Passart LCA will work.

zrickety

The Fixer
They should fit. The part numbers are close enough, there are always revisions.
I did a quick ebay search and that number does bring up the B6 Passat parts.

torga

Autocross Champion
Thanks! Now I'm 100% sure.
The Passat in the yard only had one left, but since they're symmetrical, I'll either wait for another Passat to show up or snag one on eBay or carpart.com

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Lemme resurrect this thread; just don't want to start another topic.

So according to this thread and many others, the correct P/N for these arms is 3C0407151E.

Are there any other revisions that fit? I pulled a LCA off a B6 Passat today and its part number is 3C0407153B. Will this arm not fit? I can't find anything on the forums that talks about this particular P/N, but it was my understanding that any B6 Passart LCA will work.

They should fit. The part numbers are close enough, there are always revisions.
I did a quick ebay search and that number does bring up the B6 Passat parts.
Exactly correct. The arms I used are not the standard part number that is thrown around in forums. The arms I installed are actually the same part number as yours, 3C0407153B.

torga

Autocross Champion
Exactly correct. The arms I used are not the standard part number that is thrown around in forums. The arms I installed are actually the same part number as yours, 3C0407153B.
I looked at a -151E arm, and it's got somewhat of a bulge near the front position bushing; the -153B arm is a bit slimmer overall. I wonder which one is the more recent revision? Still not entirely sure how VAG part numbers logically progress.

Romulon13

Just want to see if I can get a quick answer on this.
I’m looking to do this upgrade using Passat Control arms (3C0407151E) and using OEM GTI rear bushings (1K0199231J) and OEM GTI Ball joints (1K0407365C/1K0407366C).
Will this combo work? Any recommendations?
Thanks guys