GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
rushinr
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 Golf R
clutch rattle/vibration/chatter and noise

I am a proud owner of a 2013 Golf R that had slipping clutch at 500 miles. I had the clutch/flywheel and release bearing replaced under warranty. Still driving the car nicely so i dont know if it slips any more or not.

The issue i have now is a super annoying clutch chatter when taking off in first gear. I can feel the clutch engage and there is something in the tranny making a knocking noise. Tech at the dealership told me its normal dmf noise. I freaking cant stand it. Is that pretty much what i have to live with?

Another issue is vibration and sort of feeling of rotation when shifting that i feel in the clutch pedal. Is that normal as well?

The part that i love the most abut driving cars which is shifting gears is the most annoying and least pleasant experience on an the golf so far:-/.

Dont get me wrong i love this car, love the interior quality and power just this clutch thing is driving me absolutely crazy.
rushinr is offline   Reply With Quote