GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Southwest

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Jack Isidore
Autocross Newbie
 
Jack Isidore's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 89
Austin Area Owners

Doesn't look like there is a general Austin thread. I'm new to this forum and the car, sold a 2003 Audi A4 that was on it's way out and bough the GTI. This is my first brand new car and also my first manual transmission.

How many Austin members are out there?
Jack Isidore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
jerm
Rally Car Champion
 
jerm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 375
One here. Also there's about 3-4 more that usually post on these forums.
__________________
jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
Jack Isidore
Autocross Newbie
 
Jack Isidore's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm View Post
One here. Also there's about 3-4 more that usually post on these forums.
Awesome. Maybe someday I'll see about one of you helping me with a VAG-COM reprogram if anyone has one. Eventually I'd like to buy one, but probably not until I'm nearly out of my warranty and I may start needing it more often for troubleshooting and reading error codes.

I'm going up to Sunbusters sometime next week to get Formula 1 Pinnacle tint. I think (hope) I had the dealership down relatively close to their bottom line and he offered ceramic tint at *their cost*. He showed me a car they just finished with Solar Guard but it looked pretty sloppy. Sunbusters it is.
Jack Isidore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
MattTheCarNut
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
MattTheCarNut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI 2DR DSG
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston, TX 77019
Posts: 423
I'm here! I'm here!

There is a GTI (or general VW?) weekly meeting at the Draught House. Haven't been yet. It would be fun to meet fellow Austin GTI'ers!

Cheers!
__________________
2010 MKVI GTI in United Gray with Titan Black Leather
3DR | DSG | Autobahn Pkg | 18" Detroits | RNS 510 Navigation | Bi-Xenons | 9W7 Bluetooth | LED Golf R Tail Lignts | LED Rear License Plate Lights | Noise-maker Delete | OEM Front Spoiler Lip | Painted Side Markers | Magnaflow CBE | H&R Sport Springs | 35% Carbon Tint | VAG'd
MattTheCarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
ghotch
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
ghotch's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Audi S4
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 660
Another Austin GTI

Welcome...not many of us around. Haven't heard about the GTG!
ghotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
Jack Isidore
Autocross Newbie
 
Jack Isidore's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheCarNut View Post
I'm here! I'm here!

There is a GTI (or general VW?) weekly meeting at the Draught House. Haven't been yet. It would be fun to meet fellow Austin GTI'ers!

Cheers!
I love that place, and think I've seen a few old beetles there before, maybe this meeting. Do you have the details, couldn't find anything with a quick google search on my phone.
Jack Isidore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
MattTheCarNut
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
MattTheCarNut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI 2DR DSG
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston, TX 77019
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Isidore View Post
I love that place, and think I've seen a few old beetles there before, maybe this meeting. Do you have the details, couldn't find anything with a quick google search on my phone.
I think there is more info on Vortex? Do Vortex members talk to GolfMk6 members? Just askin'.... LOL
__________________
2010 MKVI GTI in United Gray with Titan Black Leather
3DR | DSG | Autobahn Pkg | 18" Detroits | RNS 510 Navigation | Bi-Xenons | 9W7 Bluetooth | LED Golf R Tail Lignts | LED Rear License Plate Lights | Noise-maker Delete | OEM Front Spoiler Lip | Painted Side Markers | Magnaflow CBE | H&R Sport Springs | 35% Carbon Tint | VAG'd
MattTheCarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #8
mk6cruzen
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
mk6cruzen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CW 2-Door DSG Sunroof/Conv.
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 538
I live in austin and just got my new gti on Saturday. I have yet to see another 2 door gti on the road in the past 3 weeks.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
__________________
* Llumar Ceramic tint/DG DSG Springs/APR Stg 2 (Oct.12th!)/Modshack/Soundakator delete/Passport & Blendmount/Mojo mats/SPM Street Downpipe/Drawtite hitch/red LED footwells/Tetrax Xway/Escort Live & micro usb hardwires/Seat Inserts/Thule roof rack/H&R 10mm & 15mm spacers/S2T paddles *
mk6cruzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
BOBSGEN6
Drag Racing Champion
 
BOBSGEN6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Candy White VW GTI
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 58
Another Austin GTI

Got my 2010 MK6 new at Charles Maund VW. Have Autobahn pkg, 6mt, Dynaudio. Only problem in 15k miles was a/c controller going out. Just got ceramic tint at Sun Tint on Koenig LN. They've been in business 25 years in Austin and do good work. Here's a pic after tint install, just clay barred and carnuba waxed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	026_rsz.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	18927  
__________________
2010 CW 6MT w/autobahn, Dynaudio, Carbonio, ceramic tint, Magnaflow, APR Stage I, Southbend Daily Stage II w/ SMF, VWR springs, S3 shifter, VMR V710's and Hankook Ventus V12's.
BOBSGEN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #10
mk6cruzen
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
mk6cruzen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CW 2-Door DSG Sunroof/Conv.
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBSGEN6 View Post
Got my 2010 MK6 new at Charles Maund VW. Have Autobahn pkg, 6mt, Dynaudio. Only problem in 15k miles was a/c controller going out. Just got ceramic tint at Sun Tint on Koenig LN. They've been in business 25 years in Austin and do good work. Here's a pic after tint install, just clay barred and carnuba waxed.
Nice! Looks a lot like mine I've had mine for a week and also got it from Maund. 2012 with Sunroof/Conv. package and DSG. I just got my windows tinted too, at Sunbusters with Llumar ceramic. Drivergear springs go on it next week and I also ordered a Hidden Hitch for my mountain bike and kayak trailer. I'll take some more pictures of her soon. I'm still braking her in, so I haven't cut her loose yet. Soon enough, a nice drive down some curvy counrty roads will be in store for her!


__________________
* Llumar Ceramic tint/DG DSG Springs/APR Stg 2 (Oct.12th!)/Modshack/Soundakator delete/Passport & Blendmount/Mojo mats/SPM Street Downpipe/Drawtite hitch/red LED footwells/Tetrax Xway/Escort Live & micro usb hardwires/Seat Inserts/Thule roof rack/H&R 10mm & 15mm spacers/S2T paddles *
mk6cruzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
BOBSGEN6
Drag Racing Champion
 
BOBSGEN6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Candy White VW GTI
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6cruzen View Post
Nice! Looks a lot like mine I've had mine for a week and also got it from Maund. 2012 with Sunroof/Conv. package and DSG. I just got my windows tinted too, at Sunbusters with Llumar ceramic. Drivergear springs go on it next week and I also ordered a Hidden Hitch for my mountain bike and kayak trailer. I'll take some more pictures of her soon. I'm still braking her in, so I haven't cut her loose yet. Soon enough, a nice drive down some curvy counrty roads will be in store for her!


Wow, looks very familier. Maybe we can get a group buy on Candy White bumper plugs for these crappy front plates Charles Maund drilled into our bumpers, now that there's no front plate law to enforce in Texas.
__________________
2010 CW 6MT w/autobahn, Dynaudio, Carbonio, ceramic tint, Magnaflow, APR Stage I, Southbend Daily Stage II w/ SMF, VWR springs, S3 shifter, VMR V710's and Hankook Ventus V12's.
BOBSGEN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #12
mk6cruzen
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
mk6cruzen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CW 2-Door DSG Sunroof/Conv.
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBSGEN6 View Post
Wow, looks very familier. Maybe we can get a group buy on Candy White bumper plugs for these crappy front plates Charles Maund drilled into our bumpers, now that there's no front plate law to enforce in Texas.
When did that law change? I was pulled over in my last car maybe 6 months ago for no front plate. He gave me a warning.
__________________
* Llumar Ceramic tint/DG DSG Springs/APR Stg 2 (Oct.12th!)/Modshack/Soundakator delete/Passport & Blendmount/Mojo mats/SPM Street Downpipe/Drawtite hitch/red LED footwells/Tetrax Xway/Escort Live & micro usb hardwires/Seat Inserts/Thule roof rack/H&R 10mm & 15mm spacers/S2T paddles *
mk6cruzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
BOBSGEN6
Drag Racing Champion
 
BOBSGEN6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Candy White VW GTI
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6cruzen View Post
When did that law change? I was pulled over in my last car maybe 6 months ago for no front plate. He gave me a warning.
It ended January 31st 2012. The law was up for renewal before it expired, and our efficient state legislature didn't get to it in time before the session was over. Now it's off the books until at least 2014 when they return to work.
__________________
2010 CW 6MT w/autobahn, Dynaudio, Carbonio, ceramic tint, Magnaflow, APR Stage I, Southbend Daily Stage II w/ SMF, VWR springs, S3 shifter, VMR V710's and Hankook Ventus V12's.
BOBSGEN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #14
mk6cruzen
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
mk6cruzen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CW 2-Door DSG Sunroof/Conv.
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBSGEN6 View Post
It ended January 31st 2012. The law was up for renewal before it expired, and our efficient state legislature didn't get to it in time before the session was over. Now it's off the books until at least 2014 when they return to work.
Nice! I may have to find some caps to plug the holes in my front bumper.
__________________
* Llumar Ceramic tint/DG DSG Springs/APR Stg 2 (Oct.12th!)/Modshack/Soundakator delete/Passport & Blendmount/Mojo mats/SPM Street Downpipe/Drawtite hitch/red LED footwells/Tetrax Xway/Escort Live & micro usb hardwires/Seat Inserts/Thule roof rack/H&R 10mm & 15mm spacers/S2T paddles *
mk6cruzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.