GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
RedRasper

Drives: 2009 1.6 SE
Driver Information System Help

Hi All,

I've recently become the proud owner of my first car and a 1.6 SE Golf which I'm very much enjoying but could do with some help.

I've had a search of google, this forum and the manual(!) but can't find the answer.

Basically I'm trying to get to the other menus on the information system. I only seem to be able to access the menu with driving time, current fault consumption, fuel range etc. I can't get to the settings, convience, lighting etc menus.

I've got the controls on the windscreen wiper stalk rather than the steering wheel controls. I saw a video on the web that you need to hold the rocker switch down for two seconds to get the list of menus up but it doesnt seem to work for me. I've held it down for a while with no effect.

I've tried it with the engine running, key in the ignition but none of the combinations seem to work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
RedRasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
Keithuk
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf GTD (170)
Welcome to the forum RedRasper.

Well I have the MFSW but I believe the handbook tells you which switch does what.

As you will find this forum is mainly GTi stuff even though its Golf MkVI. I would suggest you join this one as it covers all Golf Mk6's in fact I've never seen anything from a GTi driver. The strange thing about this forum is you have to join before you can read any threads which to me is stupid. You generally read threads then decide if its worth joining. Its worth it.

Other forums are available.

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.
Keithuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
dstill
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Mk6 Golf 140 TDi SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRasper View Post
Hi All,

I've recently become the proud owner of my first car and a 1.6 SE Golf which I'm very much enjoying but could do with some help.

I've had a search of google, this forum and the manual(!) but can't find the answer.

Basically I'm trying to get to the other menus on the information system. I only seem to be able to access the menu with driving time, current fault consumption, fuel range etc. I can't get to the settings, convience, lighting etc menus.

I've got the controls on the windscreen wiper stalk rather than the steering wheel controls. I saw a video on the web that you need to hold the rocker switch down for two seconds to get the list of menus up but it doesnt seem to work for me. I've held it down for a while with no effect.

I've tried it with the engine running, key in the ignition but none of the combinations seem to work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Which MFD do you have? I have the Midline and these are all the features mine has you mention above. For the full range of information you will need the Highline MFD which is an option i regretabally did'nt go for, it was only 50GBP, stupid.
dstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #4
TDR-380
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: 2.0 TDI, R
He has the basic MFD, so you can't access any other menus through it.

Soundaktor delete
TDR-380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
welcome to the forum.
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
Keithuk
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf GTD (170)
Yes I forgot to ask if he had MidLine or a HighLine MFD. I know the HighLine is any 50 but you don't just plug it in do you? The SE BlueMotion has a HighLine MFD.

I've just read the VW pricelist you can download. It says

Multifunction computer (6) Highline, including additional vehicle set-up functionality

6 Multifunction computer (Highline) cannot be specified in conjunction with the multifunction leather steering wheel.

What bull mine has both.

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.
Keithuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
RedRasper

Drives: 2009 1.6 SE
Hi All,

Thanks for the welcomes and I shall check out the other forum mentioned.

Its a midline I have by the looks of it so I guess that means dont have access to modify anything which is a bit of a shame, but hey!

Thanks for all the replies its really appreciated!

Chris
RedRasper is offline   Reply With Quote