GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
PhillyDSG
Autocross Newbie
 
PhillyDSG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth Meeting PA
Posts: 87
Any Philly locals(or close to it)? Just got my MK6

So last week i decided to trade in my aging A3 and picked up a 2012 GTI autobahn Black/Black with 32K miles on the clock. Just thought i'd share as that it's been over 6 years since i've been really active on a car forum

So it was GOODBYE 8P (Hilda)







And hello GTI



PhillyDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
Pooley
Touring Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 CW GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philly burbs
Posts: 203
Welcome to the club! I live just outside of Philly, a few minutes from Chestnut Hill. It's funny, there's always been a good number of GTI's around the area but lately I've seen even more than usual around. I've had my 2011 for 5 years and do as much work on it myself that I can. This site has loads of great info. A lot of people have come and gone from the site but their info is still here and it seems like there's been a wave of new owners joining in to keep things going. For me I find that this regional forum doesn't get much traffic compared to the specific ones like the General Discussion and the engine specific forums. Maybe that'll change with newer owners.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
2011 CW GTI 4 door DSG
GIAC K04/ AWE CCB/ AWE TOP/ AWE Downpipe/ AWE Exhaust/ AWE Boost Gauge/ Deadset/
Neuspeed FMIC/Eibach Coilovers/ H&R 24mm Rear Bar/ Rotiform SPF wheels/ Unibrace XB and UB / Super Pro ALK
Pooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
PhillyDSG
Autocross Newbie
 
PhillyDSG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth Meeting PA
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooley View Post
Welcome to the club! I live just outside of Philly, a few minutes from Chestnut Hill. It's funny, there's always been a good number of GTI's around the area but lately I've seen even more than usual around. I've had my 2011 for 5 years and do as much work on it myself that I can. This site has loads of great info. A lot of people have come and gone from the site but their info is still here and it seems like there's been a wave of new owners joining in to keep things going. For me I find that this regional forum doesn't get much traffic compared to the specific ones like the General Discussion and the engine specific forums. Maybe that'll change with newer owners.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
chestnut hill is like 2 miles from me right up germantown. I live in plymouth meeting near the metroplex aka (giant / target)
PhillyDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
Pooley
Touring Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 CW GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philly burbs
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDSG View Post
chestnut hill is like 2 miles from me right up germantown. I live in plymouth meeting near the metroplex aka (giant / target)
Nice, I'm just off of Rt 309 and am in the Plymouth Meeting area often, only 10-15 minutes from where I live

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
2011 CW GTI 4 door DSG
GIAC K04/ AWE CCB/ AWE TOP/ AWE Downpipe/ AWE Exhaust/ AWE Boost Gauge/ Deadset/
Neuspeed FMIC/Eibach Coilovers/ H&R 24mm Rear Bar/ Rotiform SPF wheels/ Unibrace XB and UB / Super Pro ALK
Pooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #5
markus037
Touring Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 GTI 4dr DSG
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pottstown, PA
Posts: 187
i live in pottstown, so right down 422 from you lol
markus037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #6
PhillyDSG
Autocross Newbie
 
PhillyDSG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth Meeting PA
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus037 View Post
i live in pottstown, so right down 422 from you lol
Haha my name is marques(marcus)too lol i'm in plymouth meeting

i'll be in your area friday. i gotta stop by my homegirls house in royersford

Last edited by PhillyDSG; 06-07-2017 at 10:11 PM.
PhillyDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:13 PM   #7
PhillyDSG
Autocross Newbie
 
PhillyDSG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth Meeting PA
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooley View Post
Nice, I'm just off of Rt 309 and am in the Plymouth Meeting area often, only 10-15 minutes from where I live

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
i work in doylestown right off of 611. i know exactly where you are

lets get something going next weekend guys?

Last edited by PhillyDSG; 06-07-2017 at 10:33 PM.
PhillyDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:29 AM   #8
mtbriderrusty
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 2013 gti
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 46
I'm out in manayunk, seen a bunch of gti's around but not much traffic on the regional section. Been thinking of starting a local Facebook page fir meets down at the wissahicon train station. Lots always empty in the weekends


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtbriderrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:41 AM   #9
Joveen
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Windsor, Connecticut
Posts: 529
Awesome. Welcome man. I've had my car for a year now. Lots great advise and info on here. While you're at join the Facebook group (burnallthemk6s).

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk
__________________
BONE STOCK!
Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:41 PM   #10
PhillyDSG
Autocross Newbie
 
PhillyDSG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth Meeting PA
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbriderrusty View Post
I'm out in manayunk, seen a bunch of gti's around but not much traffic on the regional section. Been thinking of starting a local Facebook page fir meets down at the wissahicon train station. Lots always empty in the weekends


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my GF lives right by andorra shopping center by the LA fitness.

let's get it going i'm definitely game. especially with the weather getting nicer



Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
Awesome. Welcome man. I've had my car for a year now. Lots great advise and info on here. While you're at join the Facebook group (burnallthemk6s).

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk
joining now thanks for the info
PhillyDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:35 PM   #11
mtbriderrusty
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 2013 gti
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 46
I frequent that gym often seen a gti in the apartment parking lot the other day. What's everyone's current mods and exterior interior?? I'm going apr stage two Monday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtbriderrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:12 AM   #12
PhillyDSG
Autocross Newbie
 
PhillyDSG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth Meeting PA
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbriderrusty View Post
I frequent that gym often seen a gti in the apartment parking lot the other day. What's everyone's current mods and exterior interior?? I'm going apr stage two Monday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah? i have been on a 3 month hiatus from the gym. got busy with my kid and my grandmother getting cancer(she seems to be getting better). I typically go after work(8am) during the week and late morning on weekends. you might know my gf. she used to work at that LA fitness
PhillyDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #13
mtbriderrusty
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 2013 gti
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 46
Never really paid attention to the workers other then friendly hellos and what not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtbriderrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #14
PhillyDSG
Autocross Newbie
 
PhillyDSG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth Meeting PA
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbriderrusty View Post
Never really paid attention to the workers other then friendly hellos and what not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got it. She worked there over a year ago for an interim job. Now she just accepted a job for a big non profit organization in center city.


But yeah i say we get a little local thing together even if it's just a quick cruise




Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
PhillyDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.