VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum -

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 07-14-2016, 12:17 AM   #1
Autocross Champion
Drives: 2014 CSG GTI Driver's
CTS Turbo Turboback Exhaust

Hey all. I just bought and had installed a CTS Catted Downpipe and CTS catback exhaust. I went stage 2 as well. I had a reputable professional shop install the turbo back. I feel like the exhaust is super boomy. Its loud. Way louder than videos I feel like. Yes videos don't do it justice, but it just sounds off. I want feedback if its installed incorrectly, if there is a leak. What do you guys think? I am going to an extremely high rated muffler shop to have them look at adjusting the exhaust tips because the original shop couldn't get the tips even on both sides. I have yet to call the original shop and ask them about it. But since I am going to the muffler shop tomorrow I was going to try and kill two birds with one stone. Let me know what you all think. Thanks for the help.
Spooled24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:47 AM   #2
Ready to race!
Drives: Mk6 gti apr stage 2
Check if the exhaust touches anything, it causes rattle.
I installed mine and it droned like crazy.
But after 1 week, it quite down and no more drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:49 AM   #3
Rally Car Champion
Drives: 2012 KO4 GTI
CTS Turbo Turboback Exhaust

When I got my 42dd cated and resonated turboback installed it was loud as hell. But after 150-200 miles it mellowed down. So I think your exhaust is fine, just needs some time to "break in"
artemk93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:18 AM   #4
Oval Champion
Drives: 2013 VW GTI
It will definitely sound louder when it forst goes in. You not being used to it will amplify the sound of course. It will mellow once it gets a decent coating of carbon from the exhaust and you will get used to the sound. Ask the shop anyway if you are already going but it will definitely mellow out after some driving.
2013 CSG GTI

UNI 2 | Eurojet DP | IE CAI | RSR | DG SS | GFB DV+ | R8/NGK | ST | DEPO
EastKingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:10 AM   #5
Formula 2 Driver
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
the exhaust tips probably weren't straight because CTS exhaust are some of the shittiest fitment wise around. Also dont ever think anything is gonna sound like what it sounds like in the videos all cars/environments/installs are different and can play into the sound.

Have the other exhaust place check it for leaks if your concerned about it while they are adjusting your tips.

Plus sound is all relative. To you your catted exhaust with muffles is loud to me its quiet (catless FTW)
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote