GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 07-09-2017, 12:35 AM   #1
Jfabre23

Drives: Mk6 gti
Annoying vibrations after oem install

So a few months ago I installed BFI motor and transmission mounts and I got crazy vibrations through the cabin so after I put about a 700 miles on the mounts I figured I just change the engine mount and put it back to stock. So I installed the original engine mount (brand new). And I'm still get vibrations especially when the AC is on. Which I also experienced with the BFI mount. Can anybody please help me? These cabin vibrations are annoying..
Jfabre23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:23 AM   #2
Boscogn
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfabre23 View Post
So a few months ago I installed BFI motor and transmission mounts and I got crazy vibrations through the cabin so after I put about a 700 miles on the mounts I figured I just change the engine mount and put it back to stock. So I installed the original engine mount (brand new). And I'm still get vibrations especially when the AC is on. Which I also experienced with the BFI mount. Can anybody please help me? These cabin vibrations are annoying..
Ussually there are 3 mounts you want to replace transmission, engine, and dogbone. Depending on the the density of the mounts they will cause nvh (noise, vibration, harshness). Replacing any of the mounts is guaranteed to increase nvh especially if they are track density mounts. 034 Motorsports makes some good street density mounts that shouldn't increase nvh that much over oem. Also don't forget the dogbone

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2017, 02:03 AM   #3
Jfabre23

Drives: Mk6 gti
That was something I thought about too. But you think the dogbone and torque arm inserts would help the nvh?
Jfabre23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #4
Boscogn
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Quote:
That was something I thought about too. But you think the dogbone and torque arm inserts would help the nvh?
I think if you stiffen the top mounts without the bottom dogbone more vibrations go there and you feel them more. With a solution that could absorb more vibrations down there I think that would help. I've seen plenty of nvh threads here after installing mounts up top and they later come back saying dogbone replacement helps with the nvh. Again nothing will be like stock but it shouldn't be unpleasant.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2017, 02:22 AM   #5
madbikes
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 Golf 2.5L 5-speed
The 034 Street Density mounts and dogbone insert are very pleasant compared to my BFI polyurethane mounts.

There is no way you can have zero increase in NVH with a harder mount than stock of any kind. Replacing all the mounts at the same time for best result as it's no different than putting four tires with four mismatched speed ratings.

It takes some time before NVH becomes less harsh with stiffer mounts. As long as it doesn't feel like you have a bad motor mount, you're fine.
APR-Carbonio intake/United Motorsports Tuned/Black Forest Industries 2.5L Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch kit/Black Forest Industries Stage 1 Motor mount+transmission mount+dogbone insert/Bilstein PSS coilovers/034 Motorsport Rear Sway Bar/StopTech ST-40 328mm Big Brake Kit/StopTech stainless steel brake lines
madbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #6
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
so you specifically had products installed that remove the soft cushioning VW engineered to prevent you from feeling NVH from your engine and tranny....and then.... were surprised by NVH?
Did you read the post? He said he didn't like the nvh from the aftermarket mounts and put the stock ones back on and is still experiencing vibrations and is now asking for help.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #7
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
OP - Start with torquing everything down again and see if that fixes it. Sounds like something might be loose.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #8
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
OP - Start with torquing everything down again and see if that fixes it. Sounds like something might be loose.
Adding to this, make sure you used new bolts, when you installed the OEM mounts.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #9
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Did you read the post? He said he didn't like the nvh from the aftermarket mounts and put the stock ones back on and is still experiencing vibrations and is now asking for help.
no he said he took the motor mount back out which means he left the tranny mount in

so hes on on stock motor mounts but a poly tranny mount wouldnt that be like even worse than doing all major mounts in poly? its putting even more strain on the oem ones

i dont have anything more agressive than an ecs poly dogbone insert and my car shakes like michael J fox in reverse and when the AC is on
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."

Last edited by damagi123; 07-18-2017 at 11:16 AM.
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #10
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Quote:
was I right in reading that you took the motor mount back out for stock but left the poly trans mount in OP?
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:30 AM   #11
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
was I right in reading that you took the motor mount back out for stock but left the poly trans mount in OP?
Good catch. I remember reading someone saying when they did engine first, NVH was ok. But as soon as they did transmission, NVH increased. Want to say HYDE mentioned this in one of his mount threads.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #12
Jcarollo765
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Get the 100 dollar ECS deadset kit.

It will transform the car. I always thought plp exaggerated their reviews bc it's just replacing 6 bolts with 12 washers. No more clunking on shitty SD roads or feeling like my car is going to break going over a speed bump.

I have the stage 2 BFI engine and tran mount, and the dog bone. The dead set kit fully completed it. My wife even said this is the best thing you have done to ur car and she hates it!
Current Mods: APR K04 V3.2 & TCU V1.6//42DD DP//Unitronic Intake//H&R 26/24 Sways//Unibrace XB//SuperPro ALK//BSH Engine & Pendulum Mount//HPA 75a//Do88 Intercooler//H&R Cup Kit//Evo Boost Gauge//Soumatrix Speakers//BFI Stage 2 Tran Mount//GFB DV+//H&R 10/10 Spacers//Tyrol Brake Kit & Pads//Corgi Hair
Jcarollo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:40 PM   #13
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
Good catch. I remember reading someone saying when they did engine first, NVH was ok. But as soon as they did transmission, NVH increased. Want to say HYDE mentioned this in one of his mount threads.
I ran BFI Stage 1 poly engine and trans, added engine first and it was ok but my trans mount failed after. Added the trans mount and the NVH was unbearable with SB clutch. Removed both and went 034 Street mounts, haven't looked back since on K04 of fully built engine/big turbo.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote