GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 08-19-2017, 07:51 AM   #463
mikejsmith1985
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 Candy White GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelonGT View Post
Yes it's called a fakra adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed the adapter here only has one wire, is it possible I need to cut the extra wire on my adapter to make the radio work?

Thanks!

Need a custom vinyl decal or 3D printed item for your GTI? Send me a PM!
Need help with Eurodyne Tuning:
www.tunemaestro.com
mikejsmith1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #464
n3tnut
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2006 VW GTI MKV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoooo0 View Post
Thanks for the images from VCDS. I was hoping one of those options would be automatically turn off screen after 10 seconds as there is an option for that under the screen menu
Does the screen timeout feature not function even though you have it enabled through the touch screen settings? What about the screen brightness settings? I haven't messed with this yet.

I curious about the built in Volkswagen app. It doesn't seem to do anything, even with the CarNet app installed on my iPhone. Is it tied to the CarNet App? Or some other overseas version of the app?
n3tnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #465
iSuckAtThis
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modplod View Post
So I have been going through this thread try to figure out if I can get this unit to work in my car.
I was hoping that if I put all my concerns in one message someone could give me some guidance.

I have a 2013 GTI. It has the RCD 310 head unit. I do have bluetooth. I can control this with the right hand stalk on the steering wheel and all my contacts appear in the center info display in the dash between the speedo and tach. I have the aux input and the midi input in the center console. I also have what I believe to be a bluetooth unit under the passenger seat. So with the RCD330 the bluetooth is all internal so I would unplug this undersea unit?

I am not bothered about bluetooth streaming from my iPhone, nor am I worried about a rear view camera. I would like to be able to load my own music either on an SD card or on a USB stick.

I also would like to conform that it really is an easy swap, plug for plug

Can anyone confirm that the sound is better?

Any help would be appreciated

You do not need to unplug the underseat unit,if you need to connect to the BT on the RCD330, just tap forget on the RCD310 BT from your phone, and your phone will automatically connect to the RCD330 BT when you enter your car ( as long as you have the BT turned on of course)

Apple CarPlay, BT, Sd Card and a USB stick are all available on the rcd330, so you could load your music easily.

In your case ( no RVC) , it is simply plug & play.

I've found that the sound has improved a bit, specially when the volume isn't too high.

iSuckAtThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM   #466
mikejsmith1985
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 Candy White GTI Autobahn
I've reached out to the vendor I purchased my unit through and provided details of my inability to play FM radio (AM also doesn't work I just don't care about that) I'll report back with any progress I make in case it can help others also.

Need a custom vinyl decal or 3D printed item for your GTI? Send me a PM!
Need help with Eurodyne Tuning:
www.tunemaestro.com
mikejsmith1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM   #467
mojoooo0
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: gti mk6
Hey the time out feature works but i was hoping i could enable it by default instead of having to turn it on every time i turn on the car
mojoooo0 is offline   Reply With Quote