GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM   #869
Laimface
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeez View Post
It's fine as long as it's it's there momentarily, not all the time. And a maximum of -3 at any given point.

During DD I might get a -4.5 at no more than 3k RPM so I'm trying to fix that now.
Yeah it sometimes goes -1, -2, -2.5, -3 between 3k and 4.5k in peak boost. Then back down to 0 again when the boost falls off. It's usually on 1 or 2 cylinders, never all of them. Stratified have had more than enough of my logs to determine if it's an issue or not lol.
Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM   #870
lleron
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 2dr 6spd White GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Update: Last night I received my first tune from Alex Installed the 3bar sensor and flashed the tune with my fingers crossed that nothing was wrong on start up. Car hiccuped on some air, but probably just the change in calibration. So far car drives fine. Was avoiding hard throttle input and the car only saw boost levels of 16psi hehe. Trying to keep close attention to LTFT and STFT before getting on it. Knock got close to -3 yesterday with a -2.5. Hoping after getting some miles in today I can get a decent set of logs tonight.
Are you planning on dynoing the car after the tune? I'm very curious to see what kind of numbers you get given your mod list looks almost identical to what I plan on installing in the next few months.
lleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM   #871
brobst
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Why 3bar if only 16 psi? You must be shooting for like 28psi or something right

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGTI View Post
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM   #872
Laimface
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post

3bar absolute. If you're running 22psi (gauge) boost for example, that's actually 2.53 bar absolute. More than the normal MAP sensor can take.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM   #873
erball
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Rolling burnouts
I haven't been following cobb for some time now, but is Cobb now a viable option for full blown big turbo setups with different fuel injectors and map sensors?

I have a car that has both, currently on Eurodyne, and frankly the tuning situation sucks. Interested in input.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM   #874
SC_MK6
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 csg gti autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
I haven't been following cobb for some time now, but is Cobb now a viable option for full blown big turbo setups with different fuel injectors and map sensors?

I have a car that has both, currently on Eurodyne, and frankly the tuning situation sucks. Interested in input.
Absolutely. They opened the door for the rest of the great custom tuners out there to get their hands on our rides using their AP. I recommend checking out Stratified Tuning. I'm not biased at all

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
SC_MK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM   #875
brobst
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
3bar absolute. If you're running 22psi (gauge) boost for example, that's actually 2.53 bar absolute. More than the normal MAP sensor can take.
The car reads up to 23psi on its own. Actually your car can make more boost than the map sensor reads as i learned this as well from experience. Thats why I was asking about your end goal psi.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #876
jeez
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG SBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post

Your situation is actually where the most gains/driveability will be with custom tuning...especially if you're not happy with your current tuner.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
2011 Mk6 GTI DSG SBM Autobahn | HPA K04 | Stratified K04 Protune (Member #1) | APR S1 Carbonio Intake| APR K04 DSG Tune | Forge K04 WGA | AWE S3 IC | AWE TOP | Fluidampr Pulley | OZ Leggera HLTs | DSG DG Springs | Conti DWS 06s | GFB DV+
jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #877
OhioMK6
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI - 2DR Manual
Quote:
The car reads up to 23psi on its own. Actually your car can make more boost than the map sensor reads as i learned this as well from experience. Thats why I was asking about your end goal psi.

I hit 23.2 PSI on my flash tune this morning. I have the stock map sensor. Is the extra .2 a false reading if it can only ready up to 23 PSI?
Stratified Tune | SouthBend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | ECS Tuning Intake - SPM Downpipe - Corsa RSC Catback - GFB DV+ - Audi R8 Coils + NGK IX Plugs - Koni Coilovers - 3SDM 0.06 Wheels - Hankook Evo V12 - HAWK
HPS 5.0 Pads - ECS Tuning SS Brake Lines - Ziza Golf R Tails - ECS Tuning Street Shield - Eonon GA5153f Android Headunit
OhioMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM   #878
brobst
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMK6 View Post
I hit 23.2 PSI on my flash tune this morning. I have the stock map sensor. Is the extra .2 a false reading if it can only ready up to 23 PSI?
Must consider altitude level pressure. 14.7psi in 1 bar. 2.5 bar sensor = 36.7 psi. If you at sea level, 14.7 then car should be able to read 36.7 - 14.7 =22psi. Any other height and your car can detect (read) more (above sea) or less (below sea)

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM   #879
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMK6 View Post
The electric boost stuff isn't always accurate. A good analog boost gauge imo is the best way to go.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #880
Gino
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleron View Post
Are you planning on dynoing the car after the tune? I'm very curious to see what kind of numbers you get given your mod list looks almost identical to what I plan on installing in the next few months.
I will hopefully have the car on the dyno before the end of the year. Thinking in the November/December time frame. Local shop has a SuperFlow dyno. Shop likes to boast that their dyno is a "lie detector" test lol. Honestly more like a heart breaker because I was hoping for more power. Late November last year car made 305hp/299tq with the meth added. Hoping to beat those numbers. Literally the only changes between then and now are my wheels, the UB, corner balance, and now pro tuning in the works.

Quote:
The tune right now just supports the 3 bar. Alex and I haven't gotten past the first set of data logging yet to really mess with boost. Think he has it still set to max out at 22 psi until he runs my data and tunes for more.The 16 psi I had mentioned earlier was just in reference to how little I was pushing the car with its first alteration of the tune. Feeling it out. Making sure things feel good. Experienced my first ever boost leak from loose vacuum line to boost gauge yesterday and that put a slight delay on getting logs. Trying to let the ECU refresh its data (although it happens so fast) and remember more frequently to turn off meth when I start the car. Not tuning for meth right now and I know I have forgotten to turn it off once or twice. No juice for the car yet until a 91 tune can be had.
Stratified [OTW] Ported&Polished APR K04 | Dual Nozzle SnowPerformance W/M | MFactory LSD | IntegratedEngineering CAI | BillyBoat TBE | Neuspeed Discharge/Charge/FMIC/IC Delete..FSB/RSB..RSe11 w/Michelin PSS | 034 Motor/Trans/Dogbone Intsert+Mount | ECS CatchCan/BoostTap | Koni Coilovers (WestEnd Corner Balance) | Unibrace XB/UB | Whiteline F/R Endlinks | Brembo 17z/Hawk Street/StainlessLines | TyrolSport SLC | OEM LED Tails [Click4List]
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote