GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 01-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: MK4 & MK6 GTIs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman View Post
Sure sounds like the OČ sensor, probably due to being catless. Got any spacers to try out?
I'm thinking of replacing the O2 sensor.
I shall as well try out the EVOMS sometime this weekend if you don't mind
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
maskari_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #16
tman
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: around randomly looking for GTI's
Sure, no worries, lets meet up somewhere we can swap it out. May I try out the carbonio?
Also Most probably going to be putting in the DP on friday though. (atleast I'm going to try, LOL!)

2012 Golf GTI 'Serron' (UG)
tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #17
tman
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: around randomly looking for GTI's
Another guy with same issue, looking to replace sensor...

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44925

2012 Golf GTI 'Serron' (UG)
tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #18
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman View Post
Another guy with same issue, looking to replace sensor...

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44925
I've read the thread and seems like a leaking DP could be a cause. I'll check all connections first and hopefully solve the problem.
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 01-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #19
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Traced the TBE to see any possibility of a loose connection and found one. Didn't get time to fix the connection so probably sometime this week.

I replaced my engine oil today and once I started the engine, the engine started shaking! I got worried that I immediately switched it off. I then started the engine again and it kept shaking
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #20
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

30th January 2013

Replaced my OEM spark plugs with NGK's "PFRZB Double Platinum" plugs. Car feels smooth at idle and acceleration. I checked the gap before installing and all were good (0.028").
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 02-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #21
marxan
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: VW GTI 2011
Nice car, clean mods.. And I totally understand you about the shipping, everytime I'm so glad when I can join a GB so that including the shipping I pay about the same as American standard price..

Unitronic has dealers over there or you had your ECU shipped?

On your dyno sheet it says K04 with Meth but you didn't mention it on your mod list..
Revozport Stage 3 Full Body Kit | Rays Te37sl black edition 18'' | Yokohama ad08r 235/40/18 | VWR 6Pots Big Brake Kit + R20 rear brakes | Bilstein PSS 10 | EuroJet TurboBack | APR Intercooler | DM BT tune + BT DSG tune | Peloquin DSG LSD | APR Air Intake + green filter|APR Stage 3 gtx2867 kit | GFB DV+ | INA oil cooler | Defi boost, DSG temp, water temp gauges | Full Alpine Audio Digital Series.... r20 euro bucket seat [color="Red"]
marxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #22
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxan View Post
Nice car, clean mods.. And I totally understand you about the shipping, everytime I'm so glad when I can join a GB so that including the shipping I pay about the same as American standard price..

Unitronic has dealers over there or you had your ECU shipped?

On your dyno sheet it says K04 with Meth but you didn't mention it on your mod list..
Thanks for the kind words sir

Well its something I won't be able to change I recently bought the trunk parcel tray and shipping alone was $85!

There's a dealer in my neighboring country (Tensai Tuning, UAE) which is just a 4-5hours drive. So i did mine there. Awesome guys

Regarding the WMI, I just didn't want to mention it but I guess that I'll add it to my mod's list in the 1st page now.
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #23
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Thought of sharing a pic

Name:  rsz_2rsz_1photo.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  56.5 KB
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #24
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Nothing much going on ATM but I secured my self one awesome deal. I got a good set of Cayene calipers + braided lines = CHEAP

They were on a MKV GTI and the owner wanted to get rid of the set as it has been in his garage for sometime. A paint job is a must and I've got an idea on what colour to paint the calipers ...
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 02-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #25
swlstcyr
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 2Door CW GTI
My car's been having a really rough idle the last couple months too To the point where my interior shakes and rattles when im in park! Where do I measure when I replace them? (0.028").? Great mods on your car man!! Your photos are stunning
swlstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #26
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlstcyr View Post
My car's been having a really rough idle the last couple months too To the point where my interior shakes and rattles when im in park! Where do I measure when I replace them? (0.028").? Great mods on your car man!! Your photos are stunning
Thanks buddy
I used a feeler gauge to measure the spark plugs gap and they all were good except one that I had to slightly re-gap.
Have you scanned your car (VAGCOM)?
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 02-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #27
swlstcyr
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 2Door CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskari_gti View Post
Thanks buddy
I used a feeler gauge to measure the spark plugs gap and they all were good except one that I had to slightly re-gap.
Have you scanned your car (VAGCOM)?
oh ok.. I don't have a feeler gauge. My car was scanned at a dealership and they replaced my coil pack because I was gettin misfires which is common I think. But just recently its got the rough idle.. I'm gunna just replace the 4 spark plugs I think.. Although ive always found vw's have pretty rough idles to begin with.
swlstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #28
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlstcyr View Post
oh ok.. I don't have a feeler gauge. My car was scanned at a dealership and they replaced my coil pack because I was gettin misfires which is common I think. But just recently its got the rough idle.. I'm gunna just replace the 4 spark plugs I think.. Although ive always found vw's have pretty rough idles to begin with.
What mod have you got so far? Those stupid coilpacks works fine in some cars, and shit in other. A friend is on Revo Stage 2 tune and had no issues with his coilpacks where the other has the same tune and mods, but replaced his coilpacks to R8 after having a misfiring issues.
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread