GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #29
swlstcyr
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 2Door CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskari_gti View Post
What mod have you got so far? Those stupid coilpacks works fine in some cars, and shit in other. A friend is on Revo Stage 2 tune and had no issues with his coilpacks where the other has the same tune and mods, but replaced his coilpacks to R8 after having a misfiring issues.
Right now I'm full apr intake with a stage 1 tune. I guess sum just get lucky with coils packs. I can't really complain tho since the car has 80,000 kms! havnt had any other issues really How do you like the k04?
swlstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #30
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: MK4 & MK6 GTIs
Quote:
Originally Posted by swlstcyr View Post
Right now I'm full apr intake with a stage 1 tune. I guess sum just get lucky with coils packs. I can't really complain tho since the car has 80,000 kms! havnt had any other issues really How do you like the k04?

Sometimes those small things makes us hate the car!

Well K04 is awesome. Puts a smile on my face every time I put my foot down. That's enough for me power-wise and time to concentrate on suspension and handling mods now.
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
maskari_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #31
marxan
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: VW GTI 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskari_gti View Post
Sometimes those small things makes us hate the car!

Well K04 is awesome. Puts a smile on my face every time I put my foot down. That's enough for me power-wise and time to concentrate on suspension and handling mods now.

Suspension ? You already have the KW v3 that should be quite good, no? How about the engine mount? Is that your next mod? I ll still haven't decided whether or not to install them as 90% of the time I'm stuck in city traffic and don't want to get too much vibrations while not moving...
Revozport Stage 3 Full Body Kit | Rays Te37sl black edition 18'' | Yokohama ad08r 235/40/18 | VWR 6Pots Big Brake Kit + R20 rear brakes | Bilstein PSS 10 | EuroJet TurboBack | APR Intercooler | DM BT tune + BT DSG tune | Peloquin DSG LSD | APR Air Intake + green filter|APR Stage 3 gtx2867 kit | GFB DV+ | INA oil cooler | Defi boost, DSG temp, water temp gauges | Full Alpine Audio Digital Series.... r20 euro bucket seat [color="Red"]
marxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #32
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxan View Post
Suspension ? You already have the KW v3 that should be quite good, no? How about the engine mount? Is that your next mod? I ll still haven't decided whether or not to install them as 90% of the time I'm stuck in city traffic and don't want to get too much vibrations while not moving...
Yup, the KW V3 is awesome but i was referring to other suspension upgrades like sway bars, polyurethane bushes ... etc
So far I'm good with the mounts but maybe sometime in summer.
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 02-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #33
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Update on the car ..

Took my car in for the 45,000KM service and asked them to replace my DSG oil. They suggested that they first check for any faulty sensors instead of changing the oil. Anyway, they found out that my clutch needs replacement and they did. But then, they couldn't do the calibrating and turned out that the mechatronic unit went KAPUT!
So now the car will stay at the dealers for sometime. Let's say another 2-3 weeks ...
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #34
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

I had to go to the dealer and see that my parts are actually being sent to Germany for a warranty claim.

K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #35
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

15th March 2013

A quick update on my DSG issue, will be at the dealers tomorrow and hopefully get my car back on Sunday (fingers crossed).

And yea, I made this video of me against a Revo tuned K04 a couple of days before my DSG issue. It's in the MK6 vs .... section. I hope you enjoy it.

Unitronic K04 vs Revo K04
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #36
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 2DR GTI DSG
Hopefully all turns out well with your DSG!

Little suggestion..update the first post too...will be nice after couple years to easily see your progress!

xHeartcoreboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #37
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post
Hopefully all turns out well with your DSG!

Little suggestion..update the first post too...will be nice after couple years to easily see your progress!
Thanks bro. I really hope that the DSG will give me no issues again. I wish if I went to manual transmission now

Cheers for the suggestion, all done sir
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 03-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #38
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

19th March 2013

FINALLY!!! I got my car back after so so sooooo long

Now with a new clutch and mechatronic the car feels so much smoother. I don't know if I want to tune my DSG again! Not saying that it was the tune which caused the mechatronic become defective, but I was lucky to get it covered under warranty this tim. I've seen the bill and the mechatronic it self costs $4100!
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #39
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

Awesome to hear! Now post a proper video. To be completely honest..that video with the clutch slipping is a turn off whenever k04 comes to my mind LOL

Sent from my iPhone with typos

Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #40
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post
Awesome to hear! Now post a proper video. To be completely honest..that video with the clutch slipping is a turn off whenever k04 comes to my mind LOL

HaHaHaHa i know bro! I'll take another one and post it up here in the coming few days. A MKV GTI owner here keeps relating clutch slippage to a faulty MAF. And I remember I had one those days and got replaced under warranty.
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
Old 03-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #41
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

I hope that was the case. k04 and dsg go nice together from my research....

Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #42
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

22nd March 2013

Got my self new front tires. Went for Nitto NT05. They are a biiiiit noisier than the previous ones (Bridgestone Potenza) but the way it grips is awesome!

I also managed to drive the car for a constant 400KM with various driving style to see how the DSG acts. So far everything seems alright and the shifting is smooth. The only thing I noticed is when I give it a partial throttle, the car acts up weirdly. Its hesitates and feels slow then all of the sudden the boost goes up and the car suddenly moves fast! I don't know if that makes sense but yea...I keep getting this error code so could it be the reason of this weird hesitation?

008342 - Post-Catalyst Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Correction; Bank 1
P2096 - 000 - Too Lean - MIL ON
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread