GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > CANADA

Old 09-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #15
panda_man22
Autocross Champion

Drives: MKV GTI
^^ this is what I said earlier -- I have 09 with apr stg 2
I have a stock not test pipe file and the rest are 91/93.100 test pipe

I have to switch to "stock mode" drive for 200km of so to get sensors ready and then go for etest
panda_man22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #16
MLue1
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda_man22 View Post

I have to switch to "stock mode" drive for 200km of so to get sensors ready and then go for etest
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #17
TheHIGHLife
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2017 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda_man22 View Post

I'm making an appointment at Mittler Motors in Newmarket this Wednesday to reflash to stock and do the e-test. They are quoting me ~$300.00 to reflash to stock, take for e-test, then reflash to stage 2. Seems very pricey just to pass the e-test.

Curious, do you have a down pipe? I assume so as you're stage 2...

I would prefer them to just flash to the non-test pipe file and do the rest myself. But they keep insisting the $300 route is what I need to do...quite annoying.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:31 PM   #18
Blakcard
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHIGHLife View Post
I'm making an appointment at Mittler Motors in Newmarket this Wednesday to reflash to stock and do the e-test. They are quoting me ~$300.00 to reflash to stock, take for e-test, then reflash to stage 2. Seems very pricey just to pass the e-test.
Wow.. 3 bills? You should take MLue1 up on his offer man
Old 09-18-2017, 11:01 PM   #19
TheHIGHLife
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
Wow.. 3 bills? You should take MLue1 up on his offer man
I appreciate MLue1's offer but I've been told by multiple sources the simulated stock mode for my stage 2 version will not pass. So at the very minimum I need to reflash to the non-test pipe file before trying again. I've got until Saturday until my temp sticker expires so hopefully I can get this sorted out soon.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:13 PM   #20
MLue1
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
The offer still stands, PM sent. I'm not working so I'm available most times.

Put it in the simulated Stock Mode ASAP, drive around for a day or so, if you're near Markham swing by and I'll use my OBD scanner to see if you get a Green light to go do the eTest.

The price is $0, so there is no cost except your time. If it goes green with no codes I would run without hesitation to the nearest eTest Centre.

Getting a temporary stickers is not expensive as far as I know and better than #300

Last edited by MLue1; 09-18-2017 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Price is $0
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #21
TheHIGHLife
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLue1 View Post
The offer still stands, PM sent. I'm not working so I'm available most times.

Put it in the simulated Stock Mode ASAP, drive around for a day or so, if you're near Markham swing by and I'll use my OBD scanner to see if you get a Green light to go do the eTest.

The price is $0, so there is no cost except your time. If it goes green with no codes I would run without hesitation to the nearest eTest Centre.

Getting a temporary stickers is not expensive as far as I know and better than #300
Yeah, unfortunately it's a time issue for me, I work 12+ hour days...again I appreciate the offer but APR and multiple tuning shops have told me that simulated stock mode will not pass the readiness test. Essentially they told me it's a waste of time to try that.

Yes, temp stickers are not expensive at $15 a piece but you're only allowed two in a 365 day year and this is my second.

I will try and get Mittler Motors to reflash to the stage 2 non-test pipe file and then maybe I could try your reader before heading in for an e-test. I drive 100+ km's per day so there should be no issue with the driving part after reflashing.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #22
Nodnarb
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 mk6 gti
You should probably ask mario at k&h for a price before handing over 300.
CTS CAI, APR k04 & tcu tune, Neuspeed throttle pipe, Ultimate Racing tbe, ECS dog bone, 034 billet insert, 034 street density mounts, AEM meth injection, H&R supersports, Michelin PSS, Brembo rotors, Stoptech pads, AEM afr gauge, AWE boost gauge, oem front lip.
Nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote