GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 02-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
Snoopy
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK6+Mk1 GTI's
As long as its not too near S3 prices in europe/UK i maybe interested too.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #16
J0kER
Ready to race!

Drives: mk1 r53
from a six, back to a four. wtf for! and i still smell asian influence. why must vw loose their taste in euro fashion/stylin.
J0kER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #17
Snoopy

Co2 output meens high tax in alot of countries. The V6 is not good for this and also the weight has a big effect on handling its why Audi used this engine in the S3 rather than the V6. Infact every europeen manufacturer is going the small force inducted route because of the C02 tax laws. Alfa known for there fantastic V6 have even gone to a 240bhp 1.8 turbo.
There is NO 'asian influence' as you put it, its europe law on average Co2 outputs from motorcompanys that are driving them to look at other way of doing it. You just have to look at the rest of the golf range for one, most are now 1.4 forced induction units rather than larger cc engines. The remaining non forced induction units will be replaced by a new range of 1.2 forced induction unitscoming soon.
The other advantage of this is manufacturers can set them up to givea small cc engine similar bhp to its larger cc previous unit but more importantly more torque at lower revs than the unit it replaces making it more drivable in the real world.

Last edited by Snoopy; 02-01-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #18
JimmyT
Autocross Champion

Drives: MKVI GTI
^^^^ what he said, some states in the USA want to pattern their car tax structure like this to force older shit boxes off the road.... plus with CAFE going up, up, up... it makes sense to get more MPG, even for limited run cars
JimmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #19
J0kER
Ready to race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Co2 output meens high tax in alot of countries. The V6 is not good for this and also the weight has a big effect on handling its why Audi used this engine in the S3 rather than the V6. Infact every europeen manufacturer is going the small force inducted route because of the C02 tax laws. Alfa known for there fantastic V6 have even gone to a 240bhp 1.8 turbo.
There is NO 'asian influence' as you put it, its europe law on average Co2 outputs from motorcompanys that are driving them to look at other way of doing it. You just have to look at the rest of the golf range for one, most are now 1.4 forced induction units rather than larger cc engines. The remaining non forced induction units will be replaced by a new range of 1.2 forced induction unitscoming soon.
The other advantage of this is manufacturers can set them up to givea small cc engine similar bhp to its larger cc previous unit but more importantly more torque at lower revs than the unit it replaces making it more drivable in the real world.
ok,i see a point! as far as asian influence goes...i meant looks.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #20
Snoopy

Looks more french stolen from the renault 192 at the rear to me rather than asian. Front i can see an Opel europeen look to the lights and a mk3,4 golf look to the grill and bumper. Its a design team with walta de silva who does not go for sporty looks anymore. Its just an artist impression i wait to see the rear myself i expect more like the audi TTS as said above by GTI2007 or the scirocco studie R Rather than the look of the artist impression in the original post.

Last edited by Snoopy; 02-07-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #21
J0kER
Ready to race!

like that much better.french never crossed my mind but totally see it....i hope the front stays more early mk3, like u said.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #22
JimmyT
Autocross Champion

Drives: MKVI GTI
I am hoping that the interior of the car is more distinctive when compared to the rank and file GTI. More distinctive seats on the US version would go a long way in to making a more noticeable difference between the R and the GTI.
JimmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #23
Snoopy

^ i hope they fit the option recaros from the GTI/audi S3

Old 02-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #24
Purie
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 Evo X GSR
I'm loving all of it and I'm crossing my fingers for those seats, best seats imo but have doubts they'll make it to America. I was thinking that the R version would come out 4 years down the road like the last 2 did but the sooner the better. I'm still sticking to my GTI ($25k) < A3 ($30) < R20 ($38) < S3 ($42) theory of pricing, options and availability. Either way I'm still really excited for all these models and it will be a good time for the hot hatch.
Purie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:08 AM   #25
csmk6
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 07 GTI Fah - 09 BMW 135i - 10 B8 S4
Woooooo hoooooooo!!!!

It is just too exciting!!! too exciting!!! let's scream!!!! :SCREAMING:

Yeah!!!!!!!

Well, as long as it's not more than 3.5k, Im in it....

Let's wait for it!

p.s. I actually just got this news from Autoblog, and tried to come here to post a new thread to let anybody know! Well, it seems there are always some fans of GTI that's more eligible than me to be called as a "GTI fans".. hah...

Cheers for this news, as long as you are as excited as me now!
csmk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:23 AM   #26
csmk6
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 07 GTI Fah - 09 BMW 135i - 10 B8 S4
well... seems 3.5k is not very possible...

anyway, i;ll beat the sh.t out of myself to make money to get one of these...

before I could afford a porsche ;-]
csmk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #27
zynodisk
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf MKV GTI 2008
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090202....ding-stateside
zynodisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #28
J0kER
Ready to race!