GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-26-2015, 08:35 PM   #785
Irishbri
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '12 GTI UGM 6MT 4dr
Yeah the shims are the shits....in a good way ;-)
*APR Stg 1+ * InJen Stg 1 CAI * South Bend Stage 3 Drop In * F Series TOB w/NLS Shims * BMS Clutch Stop * HPA 40% Short Shifter * Raceseng Slammer Engraved Shift Knob * HPA 75A Subframe Puck * Res Delete * 35% Tint Windows-20% Hatch* Black-Red Front Emblem * Blacked Out Rear Emblem & Badge * Yellow Lamin-X Fogs * Smoked Sidemarkers * Monster Mats * 3M Red Footwell effect * BT Dongle for TorquePro *
Irishbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:03 AM   #786
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishbri View Post
Yeah the shims are the shits....in a good way ;-)
they are a cool add-on.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:06 AM   #787
v-dug
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI APR Stg1, 07 FJ Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
This is your OEM clutch possibly worn out from the drop in disc, I had the same symptoms and it was the clutch.
What do you mean, OEM clutch worn out? The SB Stage 3 drop in disk is the clutch, no? With OEM PP and DMFW?

Well, after reading the 32 page RSR thread and the other RSR thread, I am looking to go with the Audi TT-RS PP + TDI disc + new TOB setup.
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
I can't help but to notice a dude who's violently choking out his dong in front of me.
v-dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #788
v.b
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: K04 rocketship
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-dug View Post
NLS also makes a shim for the OEM slave cylinder, but I'm not 100% sold especially since the clutch takes hold almost at the top of the pedal as it is.
Something doesn't add up. You're saying that your clutch essentially starts disengaging as soon as you press the pedal but its still not fully disengaged by the time your foot's on the floor? If that's the case, it definitely sounds like it needs to be bled better (because air compresses).

I had a sticky shifter in 1st and 2nd gears after a lot of stop and go driving with my sb stage 2 kit. I contacted sbc and they offered me their spacers for the TOB. Its been shifting beautifully ever since.
v.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #789
v-dug
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI APR Stg1, 07 FJ Cruiser
Yeah V.B, that's the behavior though it doesn't make a lot of sense. Not every time, but sometimes multiple times a day it doesn't want to come out of gear. And I know it's an issue with not disengaging, because sometimes it will do it in a parking lot when I depress the clutch pedal in 1st gear - it will drag and lurch the car until I either pump the clutch again or yank it out of gear.

I've had it bled multiple times and it still does it. Possibly bad slave cylinder, so it will get replaced as well.
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
I can't help but to notice a dude who's violently choking out his dong in front of me.
v-dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #790
slammd_mk6
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: k04 v3.1 neuspeed fmic dp intake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew429 View Post
I emailed southbend back in early February and SDTSI-OFE is the correct part number for the stage 3 drop in disc, this disc does not have springs, but I'm pretty sure the old revision does have them and those were known to have problems, correct me on that if I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
south bend sent me the wrong disc waiting on the new one to get here...
slammd_mk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:29 AM   #791
DasAuto1295
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: DBP '11 6MT 2dr
OKay guys I haven't been on here in a while but I was researching something and thought I'd pop in and ask this question... I got a stage 3 disk put in like last spring to hold the power on my Revo tune. Sometimes now, it still slips in certain gears, but its more of like an abrupt slip at higher revs, mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear where the car seems (to me at least) when its putting down the most torque. I can usually get it to happen in 3rd gear, sometimes it'll happen in 2nd. Keep in mind this is usually at the top end of the gear when I'm doing a pull and really winding the car out. Wtf.... Am I crazy? Does this sound like a clutch issue or no? I really want it not to be but if its not I'm not sure I want to know what it actually is.. Again its at high rpm's and its a quick few shudders usually in 3rd gear and sometimes 2nd, but its not a constant slipping like we experience on the stock clutches.

I was hoping someone could possibly help me out here...

Here are some ideas on other things it could be.

-I go to school in Ohio so I am frequently driving on trips back to Chicago at a constant 70+ mph. I think I read somewhere that this could be relevant.
-Spark plugs may need to be changed, can't remember last time I did but I have a shitty memory.
-Intake filter REALLY needs cleaning, probably going to do that tomorrow or next week.
Instagram @bcrandeis
DasAuto1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:50 PM   #792
VMPhil
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: MK6 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto1295 View Post
OKay guys I haven't been on here in a while but I was researching something and thought I'd pop in and ask this question... I got a stage 3 disk put in like last spring to hold the power on my Revo tune. Sometimes now, it still slips in certain gears, but its more of like an abrupt slip at higher revs, mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear where the car seems (to me at least) when its putting down the most torque. I can usually get it to happen in 3rd gear, sometimes it'll happen in 2nd. Keep in mind this is usually at the top end of the gear when I'm doing a pull and really winding the car out. Wtf.... Am I crazy? Does this sound like a clutch issue or no? I really want it not to be but if its not I'm not sure I want to know what it actually is.. Again its at high rpm's and its a quick few shudders usually in 3rd gear and sometimes 2nd, but its not a constant slipping like we experience on the stock clutches.

I was hoping someone could possibly help me out here...

Here are some ideas on other things it could be.

-I go to school in Ohio so I am frequently driving on trips back to Chicago at a constant 70+ mph. I think I read somewhere that this could be relevant.
-Spark plugs may need to be changed, can't remember last time I did but I have a shitty memory.
-Intake filter REALLY needs cleaning, probably going to do that tomorrow or next week.
Old thread I know but I just came back to this thread to see if anyone new posted about this clutch since I just ordered one (for $368!!). To answer Das Auto's question, that sounds like diverter valve. I had the same symptom at stage one and swapped my diverter valve to a Rev D piston style and the issue went away.
VMPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:34 AM   #793
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

I would not install it at higher mileage. It will literally eat your PP and Flywheel faster, I've seen it happen with high mileage. The drop in is an inexpensive route IF you have newer components. If not, they you should either go with a new PP and Flywheel or look at a whole clutch solution at that point. If you install the drop in disc now, you will get 20-30K miles out of it before you will start having trouble shifting into gear as the clutch will start hanging and get sticky.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:38 PM   #794
mamock116
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI MT
Just ordered the NLS 02Q shims and the drop in disk. Once I get them installed Ill finally be able to get a tune. My gf destroyed my stock clutch when I taught her how to drive a manual. It feels really weak and I don't want to get a tune until I get it replaced.
mamock116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:57 PM   #795
leiito
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 Golf GTI 2-door 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamock116 View Post
My gf destroyed my stock clutch when I taught her how to drive a manual.
What did we learn??
leiito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #796
mamock116
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by leiito View Post
What did we learn??
Female's are hard to teach. Her problem was that she wouldnt let off the gas at all when shifting. She does much better now.
mamock116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:02 PM   #797
handisnacks
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
I would not install it at higher mileage. It will literally eat your PP and Flywheel faster, I've seen it happen with high mileage. The drop in is an inexpensive route IF you have newer components. If not, they you should either go with a new PP and Flywheel or look at a whole clutch solution at that point. If you install the drop in disc now, you will get 20-30K miles out of it before you will start having trouble shifting into gear as the clutch will start hanging and get sticky.
I haven't heard of any issues at higher mileage. I'm at 87k right now and slipping and plan on doing the drop-in instead because I don't plan on going to a larger turbo.
handisnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:55 PM   #798
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by handisnacks View Post
I haven't heard of any issues at higher mileage. I'm at 87k right now and slipping and plan on doing the drop-in instead because I don't plan on going to a larger turbo.
If you install this clutch disc on a DMF with 87K miles you're asking for problems in year 1.