GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #1415
SC_MK6
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: 2012 csg gti autobahn
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Anderson sc
Posts: 143
The above is correct. You can buy it from whomever you like as long as it's unmarried you will be able to download the Cobb OTS maps and get custom files from stratified or whoever else. I bought mine used and it had custom cbfa maps on it that I couldn't use do to being ccta. I deleted those maps and downloaded maps from Cobb until I went with stratified.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
SC_MK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:49 AM   #1416
Alex@Stratified
 
Alex@Stratified's Avatar
 
Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Richmond
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_MK6 View Post
The above is correct. You can buy it from whomever you like as long as it's unmarried you will be able to download the Cobb OTS maps and get custom files from stratified or whoever else. I bought mine used and it had custom cbfa maps on it that I couldn't use do to being ccta. I deleted those maps and downloaded maps from Cobb until I went with stratified.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This is the versatility that keeps the value of the AP - you can pass it on to another vehicle. However unless it's a COBB file where you have the notes I don't recommend running a file made for another car.
Alex@Stratified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #1417
Noodle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Noodle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 414
Cant wait for my datalog revised tune to come in, been waiting for days
__________________
'13 Gti Mk6 Wolfsburg Edition - 6 Speed -Stratified stage 2 - Resonator Delete - Led Tails - Apr Carbonio Intake - Short Shifter + Bushings - Arm Motorsports Catted Downpipe - Dv+- Other stuff

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #1418
CHerna
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
CHerna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
Cant wait for my datalog revised tune to come in, been waiting for days
It's usually around a week turnaround time. I'm sure they have a lot of work.

Also, update your signature
__________________
2012 Golf GTI 2 Door - DBP - 6-Speed M/T
| Stratified Tuned | Eurojet TBE | Integrated Engineering Stage 2 CAI | R8 Coil-Packs | GFB DV+ | BC Racing BR Series Coil-Overs | Rotiform KPS | OEM Lagunas | Nitto NT555 G2 |
IG: @MightyCarlitos
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #1419
Noodle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Noodle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post
It's usually around a week turnaround time. I'm sure they have a lot of work.

Also, update your signature
Fixed it haha, does it make a noticeable difference?
__________________
'13 Gti Mk6 Wolfsburg Edition - 6 Speed -Stratified stage 2 - Resonator Delete - Led Tails - Apr Carbonio Intake - Short Shifter + Bushings - Arm Motorsports Catted Downpipe - Dv+- Other stuff

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:50 PM   #1420
ksandman
Autocross Champion
 
ksandman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 gti
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: somewhere in Texas
Posts: 95
Yeah it takes quite awhile. I had to email them on one occasion cause it had been like 8 business days. But that was right after Christmas so Iím sure their work load was a shit storm lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ksandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #1421
speeding_ant
Go Kart Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 Golf GTI
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: NZ
Posts: 29
Hey guys - few questions for you if you don't mind!

How does the Stratified 93 Stage 1 low torque tune compare to the COBB 93 Stage 1 tune?

Is the high torque file safe long term for my DSG?

Cheers

Last edited by speeding_ant; 02-19-2018 at 02:06 AM.
speeding_ant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:38 AM   #1422
CHerna
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
CHerna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
Fixed it haha, does it make a noticeable difference?
Adds like 5 hp


Quote:
Originally Posted by speeding_ant View Post
Hey guys - few questions for you if you don't mind!

How does the Stratified 93 Stage 1 low torque tune compare to the COBB 93 Stage 1 tune?

Is the high torque file safe long term for my DSG?

Cheers
I never flashed any of the OTS tunes, but those who have say that the Stratified flash is much more potent than the Cobb OTS. I'm manual trans, but if anything, you should get a TCU tune.
__________________
2012 Golf GTI 2 Door - DBP - 6-Speed M/T
| Stratified Tuned | Eurojet TBE | Integrated Engineering Stage 2 CAI | R8 Coil-Packs | GFB DV+ | BC Racing BR Series Coil-Overs | Rotiform KPS | OEM Lagunas | Nitto NT555 G2 |
IG: @MightyCarlitos
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #1423
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,935
i used cobb stage 2 OTS tune and then got my stratified tune.
It was NIGHT and DAY difference in drive-ability and power.

Stratifieds tune is so smooth and linear power build feels stock but with a lot more umpphh.
Also ive been using the "High torque" for awhile and havent had any issues with the AP so far.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #1424
jon570
Touring Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2013 Gti
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cumberland,MD
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
i used cobb stage 2 OTS tune and then got my stratified tune.
It was NIGHT and DAY difference in drive-ability and power.

Stratifieds tune is so smooth and linear power build feels stock but with a lot more umpphh.
Also ive been using the "High torque" for awhile and havent had any issues with the AP so far.

Completely agree with this. Stratified tune was so much smoother.
jon570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #1425
speeding_ant
Go Kart Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 Golf GTI
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: NZ
Posts: 29
Cheers Might get the Stratified custom tune to make sure it matches our fuel in NZ.
speeding_ant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #1426
thatspsychotic
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
thatspsychotic's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Western MA
Posts: 641
This might have already been addressed, but how does staging work with Stratified tunes? There's no options for anything intake/downpipe related on the order page of the website, so it's fairly unclear. Does he just email you once you buy and you tell him your mods and he builds the file for you based on that?

What about changes after the fact? If I add a downpipe after getting the initial "stage 1+" tune, does getting a file optimized for having a downpipe fall under a "datalog refinement" for $50, or is it an email request and he just sends you the appropriate off-the-shelf file for "stage 2"?
__________________
Present: APR Stage 1+ v2.4 | APR Carbonio | R8 Coils | GFB DV+ | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport Deadset | SuperPro Offset LCA Bushings | Enkei Raijin Gunmetal 18x8 et45 | Michelin PSS 245/35R18 | NewSouth Perf. Mech Boost Gauge

Future: ST Coilovers | H&R 26/22mm Swaybars | APR/ECS Catch Can
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #1427
Laimface
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Laimface's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatspsychotic View Post
This might have already been addressed, but how does staging work with Stratified tunes? There's no options for anything intake/downpipe related on the order page of the website, so it's fairly unclear. Does he just email you once you buy and you tell him your mods and he builds the file for you based on that?

What about changes after the fact? If I add a downpipe after getting the initial "stage 1+" tune, does getting a file optimized for having a downpipe fall under a "datalog refinement" for $50, or is it an email request and he just sends you the appropriate off-the-shelf file for "stage 2"?
It's all based on your car. You say what mods you have on the order form and you get amap that's as close as possible to right. You can then refine with data logs.

Adding a downpipe needs more work as O2 sensors need readiness checks turning off to stop the engine light from turning on etc.

If in doubt, email / call them!
__________________
No speed limits are the best speed limits
Laimface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:41 PM   #1428
ksandman
Autocross Champion
 
ksandman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 gti
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: somewhere in Texas
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatspsychotic View Post
This might have already been addressed, but how does staging work with Stratified tunes? There's no options for anything intake/downpipe related on the order page of the website, so it's fairly unclear. Does he just email you once you buy and you tell him your mods and he builds the file for you based on that?



What about changes after the fact? If I add a downpipe after getting the initial "stage 1+" tune, does getting a file optimized for having a downpipe fall under a "datalog refinement" for $50, or is it an email request and he just sends you the appropriate off-the-shelf file for "stage 2"?


When you purchase the tube you fill out a form stating your modifications.

If you add mods later, you go back and ask for a re-tune for the mods which will cost a little extra to retune.

No stage 1 stage 2 stuff. All based on your particular mods


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ksandman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.