GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 08-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #41637
pdan
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2009 VW Jetta TDI (sold), 2013 GTI
Installed a neuspeed catback last night. Sounds great, I was expecting it to be a bit louder but I'm really happy with it. Install wasn't too bad, except for the clamps connecting to the downpipe.

They were so rusted had a hard time getting them off. Wasn't even able to get the front one off, but I managed to hammer the OEM pipe out ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:51 PM   #41638
Blakcard
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
I didn't do anything... but a spirited launch off the line produced a "dsg fart" when I shifted to 2nd gear. Freaked me and the bimmer beside me that I laughed my ass off and lost momentum..

Anyone ever get a fart from their 6spd?
Old Yesterday, 12:14 AM   #41639
Noodle
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
Im thinking about getting a roof rack, Really just for looks and occasional use, found one for $250 with alot of attachments and a fairing. Anyone else think roof racks look cool?

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM   #41640
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
Im thinking about getting a roof rack, Really just for looks and occasional use, found one for $250 with alot of attachments and a fairing. Anyone else think roof racks look cool?
Not really they create drag and can lower ur MPG. If the fairing isn't good it'll whistle or make noise. You get a roof rack to use it. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 03:45 AM   #41641
Holguin831
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
I absolutely love mine!! But the only one I can recommend is the one I have. Whispbar. 95 percent quiet With sunroof opened 85% quiet. By far the best for sound. And IMO best for looks as well. It's closer to the roof giving it a sleeker look and without taking away from functionality . I purchased mine mainly for looks but I end up using it more than I thought. With the load warrior basket. Ohh almost forgot, when Yakima basket on its 10% quiet. So according to my scale I have going, it's Loud AF with sunroof open lol.

Last edited by Holguin831; Yesterday at 11:22 AM.
Holguin831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#assman, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, damndaniel, dat forum doe, dfd can suck it, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?