GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 12-09-2017, 06:06 AM   #127
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Drives: VW
Oil Temp doesn't appear with Med9 ECU SW 1K0907115R 0020

I have a question regarding the OEM Oil Temp...

I am using a Med9 ECU with the below details;
- ECU Hardware Number: 1K0907115A
- ECU Software Number: 1K0907115R 0020

The Oil Temperature doesnít appear in the instrument/cluster, if I flashed the Med9 ECU by 1K0907115Q 0020 SW then the Oil Temperature appears in instrument/cluster.
I tried using the PolarFIS to see if it will work on it or not and I found the Oil Temperature appears with -60 with 1K0907115R 0020; then I flashed the same Med9 ECU with 1K0907115Q 0020 SW and I found the Oil Temperature appears and work normally in the instrument/cluster and in the PolarFIS too!
That means the wiring of the Oil temperature sensor is installed correctly and there is no problem with it.

Also, I tried all the above with ECU Hardware Number: 8P0907115B and same issue and results existed with it too!

Note: The Oil Temperature sensor is the VW OEM one not an aftermarket one.
mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:08 AM   #128
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 CW .:R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostic View Post
I have a question regarding the OEM Oil Temp...

I am using a Med9 ECU with the below details;
-ECU Hardware Number: 1K0907115A
-ECU Software Number: 1K0907115R 0020

The Oil Temperature doesnít appear in the instrument/cluster, if I flashed the Med9 ECU by 1K0907115Q 0020 SW then the Oil Temperature appears in instrument/cluster.
I tried using the PolarFIS to see if it will work on it or not and I found the Oil Temperature appears with -60 with 1K0907115R 0020; then I flashed the same Med9 ECU with 1K0907115Q 0020 SW and I found the Oil Temperature appears and work normally in the instrument/cluster and in the PolarFIS too!
That means the wiring of the Oil temperature sensor is installed correctly and there is no problem with it.

Also, I tried all the above with ECU Hardware Number: 8P0907115B and same issue and results existed with it too!

Note: The Oil Temperature sensor is the VW OEM one not an aftermarket one.

Maybe the default coding is a little different between the two software versions? Thatís the only thing I can think of. I think thereís some settings in Vagcom you can tweak to enable it.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:17 AM   #129
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasko View Post
Maybe the default coding is a little different between the two software versions? Thatís the only thing I can think of. I think thereís some settings in Vagcom you can tweak to enable it.

Yeah, sure there is difference between the 2 SWs.
I hope if anyone know this kind of Vagcom tweaks and share it.
I am using the 1K0907115R 0020 SW because the tune file I have is for it and I canít change to the other one for the time being.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:20 AM   #130
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Yeah, sure there is difference between the 2 SWs.
I hope if anyone know this kind of Vagcom tweaks and share it.
I am using the 1K0907115R 0020 SW because the tune file I have is for it and I canít change to the other one for the time being.
I know itís possible, I just donít remember what exactly to change. Itís not extremely documented and the people that know kinda keep it a secret. I wonder if when flashing the ECU if itís also flashing your cluster, because I wouldnít be surprised if coding needs to be done on the instruments module as well.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:23 AM   #131
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
I know itís possible, I just donít remember what exactly to change. Itís not extremely documented and the people that know kinda keep it a secret. I wonder if when flashing the ECU if itís also flashing your cluster, because I wouldnít be surprised if coding needs to be done on the instruments module as well.

Flashing ECU doesnít touch the cluster, I even tried with 2 identical ECUs one with Q and one with R.
If itís in cluster then why the Oil Temp appears in the cluster with Q and not with R
Even if it in cluster then I hope to know it then I can try
Old 12-09-2017, 07:37 AM   #132
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Flashing ECU doesnít touch the cluster, I even tried with 2 identical ECUs one with Q and one with R.
If itís in cluster then why the Oil Temp appears in the cluster with Q and not with R
Even if it in cluster then I hope to know it then I can try

Man thatís weird, I wondering if the cluster is getting a bad value from the ECU and thatís how itís detecting whether to enable it. Iíd recommend to find the measuring block for oil temp, because if thatís not within range (the -60), then definitely a problem on the ECU. I wonder if itís possible VW deleted that sensor reading from that ECU software though, because from what Iíve researched so far, there isnít any obvious coding. Iíd unplug the sensor, and see if the reading changes in the measuring block. If it doesnít, I doubt the ECU software is even reading the sensor data.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:55 AM   #133
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Man thatís weird, I wondering if the cluster is getting a bad value from the ECU and thatís how itís detecting whether to enable it. Iíd recommend to find the measuring block for oil temp, because if thatís not within range (the -60), then definitely a problem on the ECU. I wonder if itís possible VW deleted that sensor reading from that ECU software though, because from what Iíve researched so far, there isnít any obvious coding. Iíd unplug the sensor, and see if the reading changes in the measuring block. If it doesnít, I doubt the ECU software is even reading the sensor data.

I guess VW deleted the sensor reading from that SW version.
Btw, I removed the sensor and the -60 was the same; the negative value means that there is no data coming to it!
I already tried all of this in another cars, just in case the problem is in mine and all cars I tested were giving same issue I have!!
Thatís why I am asking if there is code that return back the data to the ECU and n this case it will go for the cluster
Old 12-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #134
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

*.* Scirocco R Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost) *.*

Quote:
I guess VW deleted the sensor reading from that SW version.
Btw, I removed the sensor and the -60 was the same; the negative value means that there is no data coming to it!
I already tried all of this in another cars, just in case the problem is in mine and all cars I tested were giving same issue I have!!
Thatís why I am asking if there is code that return back the data to the ECU and n this case it will go for the cluster
If the value doesnít change at all making it go from closed circuit to open circuit, yea ECU isnít reading the sensor. I wonder if that software was for North America/NA and not Rest of World/RoW, because if itís NA software, VW has no reason to keep the logic in place because those sensors donít come from the factory. You sure the regulatory region is the same (you can code the region)? Of course this is all speculation...
Old 12-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #135
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
If the value doesnít change at all making it go from closed circuit to open circuit, yea ECU isnít reading the sensor. I wonder if that software was for North America/NA and not Rest of World/RoW, because if itís NA software, VW has no reason to keep the logic in place because those sensors donít come from the factory. You sure the regulatory region is the same (you can code the region)? Of course this is all speculation...

Do you know what I should code? ECU? Cluster?
And how I can code?
Old 12-23-2017, 02:34 AM   #136
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Just little update;
My car went to the workshop to install the pending stuff, FINALLY!
Old 12-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #137
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Started the TurboZentrum EFR7163 kit and parts installation process;

Say bye bye to GTX2867R & VF Engineering high flow manifold...

Old 12-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #138
Cadubya
DUBYA

Drives: 2011 K04 GTI 4DR 6MT
Quote:
Started the TurboZentrum EFR7163 kit and parts installation process;

Say bye bye to GTX2867R & VF Engineering high flow manifold...

Selling VF manifold?
Old 12-26-2017, 12:41 AM   #139
mostic
Rally Car Champion

No.
I am going to install the GTX kit in another car.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:47 AM   #140
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Testing the old camshafts setup before installing the R one, the setup was excellent according to the camshaft tools...

Checked the fitting for a second windshield tank but it wonít fit! The location is very tight for it and there will be no place for the pipe, any ideas?