GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #15
LittleJohny
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CS GTI 6MT w/ RNS-510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Z View Post
I like how the only time i have to actually take the key out of my pocket it is to lock the doors unless there is something about that I don't know.
I assume you're talking about the KESSY system? If it's anything like other systems I've used, you must not know something... (ie. there usually is a way to lock the car and arm the security system without touching your key)
LittleJohny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
DJEuphoria
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 6-Spd Black GTI 2-Door
Basic stuff but I like how when you're wipers are on and you back up your rear windshield wipers automatically turn on. My last car didn't do that. It was a pain I'm the ass to park that thing.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #17
dragonslayer33101
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI CSG
I like when I turn the air knob to the defogger it automatically turns the a/c on to help clear it faster
Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #18
masmole
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 11 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Z View Post
I like how the only time i have to actually take the key out of my pocket it is to lock the doors unless there is something about that I don't know.
Seems like there is... assuming you're talking about the Smartkey keyless entry, you never have to take the key out of your pocket ever, unless you want to pop the hatch remotely. Grasping the handle unlocks the car, button starts and stops ignition, and there's a notch on the exterior door handle that you simply touch to lock the car, just like the keyless systems in recent Audis and BMWs. No need to press a button on the fob to lock it.
masmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #19
jerm
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
Seems like there is... assuming you're talking about the Smartkey keyless entry, you never have to take the key out of your pocket ever, unless you want to pop the hatch remotely. Grasping the handle unlocks the car, button starts and stops ignition, and there's a notch on the exterior door handle that you simply touch to lock the car, just like the keyless systems in recent Audis and BMWs. No need to press a button on the fob to lock it.
I actually just found out about this by accident earlier today. I've only had my car for 3 days now but I find out new things every day. I guess I need to finish reading the manual, but I think I enjoy finding out these new features on my own
Old 10-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #20
mortis
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 VW GTI 4-door
I like how my wife is afraid to drive my GTI because if something happens

The "I love my GTI with DSG and Don't Care if it's not faster than a Camaro SS Club" Club Member
mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #21
Junk307
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI,CSG,6spd,4dr,Nav,Lthr,18"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortis View Post
I like how my wife is afraid to drive my GTI because if something happens
x2 - she wont even move it if I'm parked behind her in the driveway.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #22
ottawaP5
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 CS GTI
I like how there's a chime if you start driving with the e-brake on, happened to me once
ottawaP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #23
Jbass1911
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI 6spd
I like the three blink lane change signal.

Also I don't see many gti's around here.
Jbass1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #24
as4k
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
How much of a great road trip car this thing is. Car gets lots of looks too, its nice.

Intoxicatingly fun to drive
Old 10-09-2010, 02:11 AM   #25
stevenchkim
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 6M QT Hatch
I love that I can choose to turn off the drls or that I can control the windows with my fob. BTW, why doesn't it come like that from the factory? It seems like it should've been a FEATURED feature, not one you have to turn on thru vagcom.
CTS K04+APR v3.1|Neuspeed P-Flo|UR TBE|Neuspeed FMIC|DG Sigma6|TWM M1 Brnz|Eibach F&R Sways|GC Camber Plates|034 Eng&Trns mnts 50-d|EurosportACC Strut&Xbraces|UR under brace|ECS front end skid plate|KW V2|MFactory Helical LSD|SB S3 Endr|RB4045 BBK|Advan RS 17x8 ET47|HK V12 255/40/17|P3 Gauge|Depo Tails&5k HIDs|stud conversion 14x1.5 to 12x1.5+Raicer lug nutz|Raicer LEDs
<--Flickr
stevenchkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #26
as4k
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenchkim View Post
I love that I can choose to turn off the drls or that I can control the windows with my fob. BTW, why doesn't it come like that from the factory? It seems like it should've been a FEATURED feature, not one you have to turn on thru vagcom.
I think we have some good control over some items via the regular menu, more so than other cars at least. I like being able to control some things (foot well lighting for one). I agree some things should have been left there so we could modify or turn things on/off. The VAG cars are quite friendly and highly customizable though through VAG COM, I think its great.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #27
LittleJohny
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CS GTI 6MT w/ RNS-510
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenchkim View Post
Not sure about the DRLs, but I can tell you that the comfort windows feature wasn't standard on North American cars because, from what I've read, when closing the windows, it overrides the pinch detection. As America is a sue-happy country... VW probably wanted to avoid the hassle.
LittleJohny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #28
Carbon Steel
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Carbon Steel Gray 2010 GTI (6/1/10)
After driving in traffic with one or two a**holes/rednecks/dip sh**s tailgating me in Hummers, Dodge Rams, SUV's or whatever s, finally the entrance ramp to the intestate arrives and then What i like is just giving it about half to three quarters throttle and watching them become a pinpoint in my rear view mirror, and they can never catch up.

2010 CSG GTI, 18" Detroits W/Summer Tires, Autobahn Package, DSG,RNS510 Touch Screen Nav, GTI Mat Kit,
2013 Red Turbo Beetle, Sun, Sound and Navigation, Red and Black Leather interior
Carbon Steel is offline   Reply With Quote