GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI Prices

suspiciouspackage

Ready to race!
I'm locked onto a new 2010 GTI. So close to getting it but I wanna make sure I get the best price for it. It's a 2 door, United Gray, 17" Denvers, 9W2 Bluetooth, Xenons, Sunroof, and Dynaudio. On the dealer website it retails for $26,590. On Edmunds and KBB the invoice is listed as $24,732. On Drivemydream the invoice is $25,139 and the price I should get it for is $23,539. KBB lists the fair purchase price as $26,191. This is my first time buying a car and my cousin gave me advice on it; stick to a monthly payment I want and don't budge on that or the years I wanna pay for it, but to watch out in case they blow up the rate. Anyone else got more advice for me and price suggestions? I was thinking that if they wanna put my price up, then they should go Stage 1 on it no charge (they're an APR dealer).

lmlloyd

Ready to race!
Recently bought a similar GTI, and at first I talked them down to $25,500, but then when they found that there was only one in Southern California with exactly the configuration I wanted, and they would have to bring it in from another dealer, and they walked it up to $26,500 again, but then threw in some free extras like Monster Mats, a USB MDI cable and such. So, I would say anything under $25,500 is good, but I was obviously willing to go up more than that to get exactly what I wanted myself.

I'm locked onto a new 2010 GTI. So close to getting it but I wanna make sure I get the best price for it. It's a 2 door, United Gray, 17" Denvers, 9W2 Bluetooth, Xenons, Sunroof, and Dynaudio. On the dealer website it retails for $26,590. On Edmunds and KBB the invoice is listed as $24,732. On Drivemydream the invoice is $25,139 and the price I should get it for is $23,539. KBB lists the fair purchase price as $26,191. This is my first time buying a car and my cousin gave me advice on it; stick to a monthly payment I want and don't budge on that or the years I wanna pay for it, but to watch out in case they blow up the rate. Anyone else got more advice for me and price suggestions? I was thinking that if they wanna put my price up, then they should go Stage 1 on it no charge (they're an APR dealer).

offer $25,000 incl extended drive easy warranty plus ttl... let em make a bit of money from your ext warranty...

Also, how're you financing? They can go lower if they are financing you as well...

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
It's a 2 door, United Gray, 17" Denvers, 9W2 Bluetooth, Xenons, Sunroof, and Dynaudio. On the dealer website it retails for $26,590.
Even the highest price you quote which is about £16,787 that dirt cheep and with all those extras. A bog standard GTi in the UK starts at £24,295

UK GTI configure

Xenons are another £1,110, Dynaudio £355, Sunroof £600. We don't have Denvers over here, Monza or Monza Shadow only. ;)

path

Ready to race!

i guess my advice is completely contrary to your cousins. under no circumstances would i negotiate a payment with a dealer...too many variables. negotiate a price for the vehicle first. period. i would not even mention a trade until the price of the car was settled on.

do some home work with a payment calculator before you go in to the dealer. i like http://www.planningtips.com/cgi-bin/simple.pl. plug in some different purchase prices, interest rates and terms. write 'em down on a piece of paper if you cant keep them straight in your head. this way you are not waiting for the salesman to come back with some magically derived number that you were not expecting.

Bender1

Banned
i guess my advice is completely contrary to your cousins. under no circumstances would i negotiate a payment with a dealer...too many variables. negotiate a price for the vehicle first. period. i would not even mention a trade until the price of the car was settled on.

do some home work with a payment calculator before you go in to the dealer. i like http://www.planningtips.com/cgi-bin/simple.pl. plug in some different purchase prices, interest rates and terms. write 'em down on a piece of paper if you cant keep them straight in your head. this way you are not waiting for the salesman to come back with some magically derived number that you were not expecting.

BINGO!

BTW you should be out the door for about 24,500 - 25,000 depending on tax and tags.