GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 02-25-2016, 11:08 AM   #43
skotcoop
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 4DR CW 2012 GTI 6SPD
Gunmetal?
2012 6spd GTI CW /APR stage 2 cast dp & tune/Uni CAI/Neuspeed charge&discharge pipe/GFB DV+/BFI Stg 3/Wavetrac LSD/H&R FSB 26mm/Dieselgeeks/tyrolsport/034 mounts/fluidampr/Raceseng/OEM tinted LED tails/LCA bushings/PolarFIS My build thread http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96882
skotcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #44
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 CW .:R
Quote:
Originally Posted by skotcoop View Post
Gunmetal?
?
Old 02-25-2016, 11:35 AM   #45
skotcoop
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 4DR CW 2012 GTI 6SPD
The wheels sorry lol. Looks like the same color I want to get on my CW. I originally wanted gloss black but then saw some white audi's with gunmetal and loved it. Best look.
2012 6spd GTI CW /APR stage 2 cast dp & tune/Uni CAI/Neuspeed charge&discharge pipe/GFB DV+/BFI Stg 3/Wavetrac LSD/H&R FSB 26mm/Dieselgeeks/tyrolsport/034 mounts/fluidampr/Raceseng/OEM tinted LED tails/LCA bushings/PolarFIS My build thread http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96882
skotcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:40 AM   #46
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Tjasko's Stage 2+ Golf R Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotcoop View Post
The wheels sorry lol. Looks like the same color I want to get on my CW. I originally wanted gloss black but then saw some white audi's with gunmetal and loved it. Best look.
I'm pretty sure the previous owner powder coated them. But it's actually a lighter grey. Brake dust just changes the color of them (which is actually pretty cool as I have a wheel that can be two colors LOL).

Last edited by tjasko; 02-25-2016 at 12:54 PM.
tjasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:43 AM   #47
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Emptied my catch can after ~1k miles. Probably emptied it way too early as there was pretty much nothing, but hey, makes me feel better LOL

Old 03-16-2016, 02:45 AM   #48
visceralsoup
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI (sold), 2012 Golf Arrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasko View Post
Dynoed her today! I'm very impressed.

Seems like your torque ramps up a bit different than mine, but hp is about spot on with my numbers. Im curious how we would run against eachother!

Turbo Ranger Build
visceralsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:52 AM   #49
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by visceralsoup View Post
Seems like your torque ramps up a bit different than mine, but hp is about spot on with my numbers. Im curious how we would run against eachother!
Yeah I never asked AU regarding the super fast peak from 1.8k to 3k. The car runs fine, so I assume it's just my specific setup. I'm not complaining though, it's hella fun hahaha

I'm curious too how we'd do next to each other. I may have a slight advantage due to the Haldex controller, but it'd definitely be a close one.

Last edited by tjasko; 03-16-2016 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:58 AM   #50
INV2LAW
Go Kart Champion

Drives: CW Golf R
nice build, nothing too crazy. thats what im looking forward to do with mine. how do you like you haldex competition controller? do you feel a difference during normal spirited driving? would have gone with the adjustable controller instead?
INV2LAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:14 AM   #51
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by INV2LAW View Post
nice build, nothing too crazy. thats what im looking forward to do with mine. how do you like you haldex competition controller? do you feel a difference during normal spirited driving? would have gone with the adjustable controller instead?
Thanks! Yeah, she's my daily so I didn't want it to be too crazy.

The Haldex controller was a great investment. I immediately felt the difference after driving it; like you can guess, the biggest difference is when you give it WOT from a dig. In the canyons it helps significantly as the specific controller that I have (HPA Competition) can keep the driveline engaged under braking, so it makes coming out of corners hella fun; from what HPA says, it's very similar to their "race mode". Totally recommend it despite it being expensive, but you can find deals on the forum like I did. I wasn't going to pay $1.1k retail for it.

Regarding the adjustable controller, you know, you can add it after the fact if you want too... so it's not like I couldn't get it. However I personally feel that the programming the controller comes with is fine. I guess I could only see people truly wanting it to send more power to the rear.

I noticed you're in Long Beach. If you're ever out to a Last Sunday cruise, feel free to hit me up and I'll give you a ride.

Last edited by tjasko; 03-24-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:07 PM   #52
Dadexx
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Vw Golf 6 R
Very nice and clean build!
I'm going to follow this topic
Dadexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:16 PM   #53
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadexx View Post
Very nice and clean build!
I'm going to follow this topic
Thanks so much bro! I try to keep my R sane

And might I say, welcome to the forums!
Old 03-19-2016, 10:17 PM   #54
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Here's a quick vid I shot while AU Tuning was dynoing the car.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:51 PM   #55
tjasko
FIA GT Champion

Ordered the last Neuspeed part I want... I'll install the front sway after I buy some SuperPro control arms because you might as well upgrade it while you're at it...

Also because I'm slowly preparing my R to be a track monster for when Fastivus comes around

Last edited by tjasko; 04-20-2016 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:08 AM   #56
visceralsoup
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI (sold), 2012 Golf Arrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasko View Post
Ordered the last Neuspeed part I want... I'll install the front sway after I buy some SuperPro control arms because you might as well upgrade it while you're at it...

Also because I'm slowly preparing my R to be a track monster for when Fastivus comes around

You do realize neuspeed Last Sunday meet is this weekend right? All neuspeed parts 30% off

Turbo Ranger Build
visceralsoup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
450t, build, golf r, ie450t