GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 02-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #1
Bryan259
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 Vw Golf R APR Stage 2+
APR tune not responding.

I have a 2013 golf R with APR tune installed by 034 motor sports 25k miles ago. Ive been able to switch many times between stock/91/93/100 oct modes. I had the battery unplugged today and now the system is unresponsive to changing tunes. I'm not able to get the check engine light to blink to indicate what mode my vehicle is in.
Bryan259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #2
tdream1
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan259 View Post
I have a 2013 golf R with APR tune installed by 034 motor sports 25k miles ago. Ive been able to switch many times between stock/91/93/100 oct modes. I had the battery unplugged today and now the system is unresponsive to changing tunes. I'm not able to get the check engine light to blink to indicate what mode my vehicle is in.
Make sure your cruise control switch is in the on position. Common mistake. Also, it may have gone into locked mode in which you will need to unlock with your code. Typically, whatever state it was in, unlocked or locked, should be the same when the battery got connected again.

Hope it all works out for you.
tdream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:06 PM   #3
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdream1 View Post
Make sure your cruise control switch is in the on position. Common mistake. Also, it may have gone into locked mode in which you will need to unlock with your code. Typically, whatever state it was in, unlocked or locked, should be the same when the battery got connected again.

Hope it all works out for you.
was just about to say the same thing! cruise ON
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:27 PM   #4
07STitoR
Oval Champion

Drives: 07 STi, 13 R
I had that problem before with the program switching locking me out. Just put in 1 as the code. I think its just sliding the switch thing over once to punch in the number 1 if that makes sense.
07STitoR is offline   Reply With Quote