GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

running HKS BOV.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
ok so i need a straight answer... i want to run the HKS bov in my 2011 GTI. i know im gonna get the response.... "buy the forge spacer" but its not the same sound in my eyes. also i have heard mike from forge say its ok to run the hks bov, or any atmospheric bov for that matter. also im wondering if anyone is running it on their car? if so what parts do i need to make it work? thanks for any responses in advance!

vids would be sweet if anyone has any.

whalesalad

Ready to race!
I'm interested as well. Buddy of mine has an SR20DET that he just swapped into his S13 and it sounds mean when he lets off. I'm not sure what kind of work is involved with a traditional atmospheric bov, but this is some food for thought. I do know that our cars use electronic diverters that recirculate air back into the turbo rather than release it into the air. This would mean that if that air is not being recirculated, I'd imagine that the car would run different since it's expecting a certain bit of boost to keep the turbo spinning. Also... the diverter we have now is controlled by the ECU electronically, unlike a traditional bov which operates on vacuum.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The forum has over 8k members. Its possible the 61 who have viewed over the past 5 hours do not know. I'm sure someone will eventually chime in :)

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
from what i understand, the computer in the new GTIs are a lot less sensitive to changes like that.. also as soon as APR comes out with their tune ill have them tune it and see if they can customize it for me to run the bov. i enjoy the sound, and from the vids ive heard, the forge spacer just doesnt cut it for me. hopefully someone else can chime in on this

whalesalad

Ready to race!
from what i understand, the computer in the new GTIs are a lot less sensitive to changes like that.. also as soon as APR comes out with their tune ill have them tune it and see if they can customize it for me to run the bov. i enjoy the sound, and from the vids ive heard, the forge spacer just doesnt cut it for me. hopefully someone else can chime in on this

Yes... I had a forge spacer and took it out a week or two later. Sounds like total crap. Like a bus pulling over to pick someone up. It's just a constant stream of air with a specific start and stop. It's ghastly.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
^ yea i want that quick release sound. it seems like it just slowly lets air out... but anyways im sure there is a way to run the hks bov and not sacrifice power or longevity of the engine/turbo.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
i would KILL to run a Super Sequential in my GTI. the 4g63 engine in my eclipse also recirculated but i still said "f*ck it" and put an open air Greddy Type RS in it anyway. my car stalled out while idling and i may have lost 1psi of boost or so.

i think i did read somewhere that there WAS a way. i just don't remember where. it was before i even bought my GTI. might've been vortex.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
yea ive def heard of their being a way. i know you need to buy some sort of flange that gets rid of the DV and then you replace it using the bov. not sure exactly but i know its along those lines... hopefully more info can be obtained.

TechnikSLR

Ready to race!
here is your answer folks. you need to get a dv relocation kit from AWE or EJ and pull your stock dv out and remove wiring i assume. then remove your noise pipe and buy the atp silcone and adapter for the bottom of the BOV. then buy a BSH or Forge boost tap and hook it all up to the vacuum and then you are done. you have a BOV in a vw

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
here is your answer folks. you need to get a dv relocation kit from AWE or EJ and pull your stock dv out and remove wiring i assume. then remove your noise pipe and buy the atp silcone and adapter for the bottom of the BOV. then buy a BSH or Forge boost tap and hook it all up to the vacuum and then you are done. you have a BOV in a vw

hell to the yeah. i was going to get the relocation kit anyway, don't have a noise pipe so thats all good...

ooooooh so can't wait. once i go intake+stage 1 thats my next project.

whalesalad

Ready to race!

And what kind of ECU whatnot CEL garbage can we expect from doing this? Not only that... but what about the ECU looking for that recirculated air and not having it? I figure that you can definitely run any aftermarket BOV in a VW, but you'd need to tune it out of your programming somehow.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
i would KILL to run a Super Sequential in my GTI. the 4g63 engine in my eclipse also recirculated but i still said "f*ck it" and put an open air Greddy Type RS in it anyway. my car stalled out while idling and i may have lost 1psi of boost or so.

i think i did read somewhere that there WAS a way. i just don't remember where. it was before i even bought my GTI. might've been vortex.

Wow. Just wow. You sacrificed real world drivability and performance to have a noise maker on your car.

:ricerfail:

Seriously. You guys dropped ~25k or more for these cars. stop treating them like junk box beater civics with $400 ebay turbo kits. Run the car the way it is supposed to be run so it actually drives right. EVERYONE knows the gti is turbo. If you REALLY want to VTA, set the car up right and get the car TUNED for it.

Last edited:

UGMK6<3

Ready to race!
the SSQV is pretty fancy. had it on my MK4 GLI (which btw was very controversial) and it sounded pretty cool.