GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
sauceman101
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 UG GTI 6MT
COBB tuning?!

APR better get their shit together with these updated stage 1 and 2 tunes, or they're going to lose a lot of customers. Eurodyne take notice too. Took cobb long enough. Anyone else see this? or am I the first one to let the cat out of the bag?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7675.PNG
Views:	1923
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	52132  
2010 UG GTI 6MT: Peloquin LSD, APR Stage 1, DIY RSR Clutch, VWR Streetsport+ Coils, IE Camber Plates, 034M Front End Links, Hotchkis RSB, APR Stage 1+2 Carbino Intake, HPA Red Subframe Puck, Enkei PF01s wrapped w/ Star Spec 2s, AWE DP, [i] Magnaflow CBE, BIG things coming if you catch the drift
sauceman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
I had an inclination a few weeks ago when one of their reps said something they shouldn't have. This confirms it. I am really excited honestly. Cobb is late to the party but I can see them being a dominate player in the mk6 space in no time.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
First I've seen of this. I'm guessing we won't see any numbers til the 22nd?
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Sanderzzz
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 Stage 2+ GTI
Well if this APR update comes out, I might have to wait and see what Cobb is going to offer...
Old 03-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #5
Gino

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI
They are really late. I can't imagine they will be that great. Unless they offer the self in car tune switching ( I think that is what it is ). I know a friend of mine has this COBB Tuner in his Subi and I guess he can change tunes pretty easily. I don't know enough about them.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #6
sauceman101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I had an inclination a few weeks ago when one of their reps said something they shouldn't have. This confirms it. I am really excited honestly. Cobb is late to the party but I can see them being a dominate player in the mk6 space in no time.
Also my guess. I give it less than a year from release that close to, if not the majority of new tunes will for MK6s will be Cobb, those with tunes may not be as quick to switch over. But with their reputation across, ford, subaru, mazda, etc. brands I'm sure they will have solid support for our vehicles too. An intake manifold may now be worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
First I've seen of this. I'm guessing we won't see any numbers til the 22nd?
I would guess the same. I think though based on what they do with other brands, it'll be geared to custom tuning, making it much easier to go from stage 1-3 and tweak for different bolt ons. I'm sure there will be base shelf tunes for each of the major stages too though
2010 UG GTI 6MT: Peloquin LSD, APR Stage 1, DIY RSR Clutch, VWR Streetsport+ Coils, IE Camber Plates, 034M Front End Links, Hotchkis RSB, APR Stage 1+2 Carbino Intake, HPA Red Subframe Puck, Enkei PF01s wrapped w/ Star Spec 2s, AWE DP, [i] Magnaflow CBE, BIG things coming if you catch the drift
Old 03-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #7
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
They are really late. I can't imagine they will be that great. Unless they offer the self in car tune switching ( I think that is what it is ). I know a friend of mine has this COBB Tuner in his Subi and I guess he can change tunes pretty easily. I don't know enough about them.
I'm assuming it will be via their accessport which acts as a monitor as well, just like they do with all their other platforms
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #8
sauceman101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderzzz View Post
Well if this APR update comes out, I might have to wait and see what Cobb is going to offer...
My exact thoughts. My clutch and diff will be in within two weeks of this release and APRs updates are supposedly days away. Will make this spring very interesting.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:18 PM   #9
09GTIJoE
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Sleep .:R
this opens a big door for tuning. Cobb is somewhat local. would love to get this and get a map for meth!

pick me COBB for testing! lol
09GTIJoE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #10
vwgti2.0t
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
You know, someone just said to me from a very reputable shop that "their will be a very versatile tuning tool released soon" and I had no idea what they could be talking about. This will be awesome.
vwgti2.0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #11
jgarcia1925
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Gee-TEE-Eye
why do you think companies like AMS is now hitting the scene too? they are moving towards all these platforms now, and COBB is pretty major in all those shops. this is dope.
jgarcia1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #12
Goingnowherefast

Drives: 16 GTI S 6MT, 91 Miata
This is awesome. The only thing I'm mad about is that it's clearly a MK6 not a 7

Turbo miata build starting here: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96866
Goingnowherefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #13
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Will be interesting to see their numbers vs. the new APR tunes.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #14
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: '09 Jetta
numbers don't matter much. i'm sure it'll be the same or similar to other stage 1/2 tunes. but from what i can tell (no personal experience) the accessport will be infinitely better than switching maps through a stalk. and diagnostics/flashing in your driveway will be available for free, not an additional $200 dongle.
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cobb, tuning, will it fit my honda?