GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Birth of MeanGreen

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
How do u like the vwr springs

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The drop is almost perfect imho. Maybe a bit lower like 1/2", but I think with some spacers for the wheels to get them flush it would look lower than it does now. They are great for daily and once I pair them with a nice set of Koni yellows or fsd I think I will love them for the track as well. All in due time. For a quick lowering spring though I would highly recommend them. Just don't do what I did and put them on OEM shocks mine are more than likely shot because it feels very bouncy right now.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
The SPM mounts had about I'd say about 15k miles on them. When they first went on I loved them man they felt great, it really connected you to the car and it gave it a different tone when under load. The nvh in low rpms up to like 15-20mph was bearable but you will have to get used to it. IF you put your ac on it increased a bunch more as well.

The 034 mounts I feel no nvh increase compared to oem mount though. I like them a lot but I miss the feel of the stronger poly from the SPM mounts so I may be swapping them out soon for maybe some BFI stage 1 mounts. The quality of the 034 mounts is amazing though. There is no nvh increase that I have felt except for a little bit of difference with the a/c on but otherwise great street upgrade from Oem to 034 street density. Stay posted I may be selling mine soon.

Thanks I've been debating the BFI mounts thinking I may want something more than the street density from 034 but less than their track density or billet mounts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
The drop is almost perfect imho. Maybe a bit lower like 1/2", but I think with some spacers for the wheels to get them flush it would look lower than it does now. They are great for daily and once I pair them with a nice set of Koni yellows or fsd I think I will love them for the track as well. All in due time. For a quick lowering spring though I would highly recommend them. Just don't do what I did and put them on OEM shocks mine are more than likely shot because it feels very bouncy right now.

How many miles do you have on your shocks? I have VWR springs and stock shocks and mine are not bouncy at all.

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks I've been debating the BFI mounts thinking I may want something more than the street density from 034 but less than their track density or billet mounts...

Well in that case the BFI will give you more nvh when compared to even the 034 track density. BFI uses poly where the track density 034 still uses rubber but just higher rated durometer. So BFI will still be more nvh than the track density.

It all depends what you're going for. 034 street like I said has almost no nvh difference from oem to that. Track density probably feel just a bit better that their street density but BFI or any poly mount will give more nvh because its a polyurethane bushing not just rubber.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Well in that case the BFI will give you more nvh when compared to even the 034 track density. BFI uses poly where the track density 034 still uses rubber but just higher rated durometer. So BFI will still be more nvh than the track density.

It all depends what you're going for. 034 street like I said has almost no nvh difference from oem to that. Track density probably feel just a bit better that their street density but BFI or any poly mount will give more nvh because its a polyurethane bushing not just rubber.

Interesting I know that poly doesn't have the same damping characteristics as rubber but would have guessed that the stage 1 is a middle ground between street and track density for NVH.

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Interesting I know that poly doesn't have the same damping characteristics as rubber but would have guessed that the stage 1 is a middle ground between street and track density for NVH.

No track density I would say is a step below your next stage 1 poly mounts. Keep me updated with what you get and your experience with them.

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
I thought the vwr doesnt wear out ur oem shocks

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I know the drop is not drastic but OEM shocks are meant to be ridden at OEM height so anything lower they aren't meant for. They won't wear them out like a super low spring would but they still wear them out. Unless again I have the one Frankenstein car that just seems to have issues.(which could very well be the case see @EJ post.)

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
No track density I would say is a step below your next stage 1 poly mounts. Keep me updated with what you get and your experience with them.

Will do, unless of course I buy yours :)

I'm trying to talk myself into the 034 billet mounts but I really don't want to spend that kind of money at the moment but I'd like mounts before I head down to tail of the dragon....

Keep up the good work I enjoy following your build [emoji106]

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Will do, unless of course I buy yours :)

I'm trying to talk myself into the 034 billet mounts but I really don't want to spend that kind of money at the moment but I'd like mounts before I head down to tail of the dragon....

Keep up the good work I enjoy following your build [emoji106]

Yea the billet 034 are a pretty penny but I'm sure when it comes down to performance they are a great piece. If you're looking at something that well made check out VWR motor and trans mounts as well. Cheers.

Thanks I just ordered a few bits and pieces that are going up as soon as I receive them.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
HPA75a puck just got here and my refresh kit for dogbone is on the way. Gonna knock out 2 birds with one stone. I'm excited to see what a difference this makes.

Nice! I went ahead and ordered the street density mounts they'll be here tomorrow but I won't have the new hardware till mid next week. :-/ a billet Dogbone is next but I'll probably keep my ECS insert with OEM mounts. I don't want to drop the subframe to replace those till I can do the Tyrol deadest kit. As it is I don't have any issues and I'm afraid dropping it will create them. Can't wait to hear what you think of the new setup though!

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Nice! I went ahead and ordered the street density mounts they'll be here tomorrow but I won't have the new hardware till mid next week. :-/ a billet Dogbone is next but I'll probably keep my ECS insert with OEM mounts. I don't want to drop the subframe to replace those till I can do the Tyrol deadest kit. As it is I don't have any issues and I'm afraid dropping it will create them. Can't wait to hear what you think of the new setup though!

I want the deadset kit for the rear and front I can already hear some subframe knocking, but I just can't justify spending 250 bucks on some aluminum collars and bolts. I know it's going to get to one point where I will no longer be able to bear the noises and I will buckle and get them, but for now I can spend 250 else where maybe get a water meth kit. Good luck with the mounts you will love them. It's a great upgrade over OEM and there is barely any diffeence in nvh if any at all.