GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 07-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #57
MeanGreenGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2014 Black GTI Wolfsburg DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejsmith1985 View Post
Will do, unless of course I buy yours :-)

I'm trying to talk myself into the 034 billet mounts but I really don't want to spend that kind of money at the moment but I'd like mounts before I head down to tail of the dragon....

Keep up the good work I enjoy following your build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea the billet 034 are a pretty penny but I'm sure when it comes down to performance they are a great piece. If you're looking at something that well made check out VWR motor and trans mounts as well. Cheers.

Thanks I just ordered a few bits and pieces that are going up as soon as I receive them.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #58
MeanGreenGTI
FIA GT Champion

HPA75a puck just got here and my refresh kit for dogbone is on the way. Gonna knock out 2 birds with one stone. I'm excited to see what a difference this makes.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:28 PM   #59
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 Candy White GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenGTI View Post
HPA75a puck just got here and my refresh kit for dogbone is on the way. Gonna knock out 2 birds with one stone. I'm excited to see what a difference this makes.

Nice! I went ahead and ordered the street density mounts they'll be here tomorrow but I won't have the new hardware till mid next week. :-/ a billet Dogbone is next but I'll probably keep my ECS insert with OEM mounts. I don't want to drop the subframe to replace those till I can do the Tyrol deadest kit. As it is I don't have any issues and I'm afraid dropping it will create them. Can't wait to hear what you think of the new setup though!

Need a custom vinyl decal or 3D printed item for your GTI? Send me a PM!
Need help with Eurodyne Tuning:
www.tunemaestro.com
mikejsmith1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:38 PM   #60
MeanGreenGTI
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Nice! I went ahead and ordered the street density mounts they'll be here tomorrow but I won't have the new hardware till mid next week. :-/ a billet Dogbone is next but I'll probably keep my ECS insert with OEM mounts. I don't want to drop the subframe to replace those till I can do the Tyrol deadest kit. As it is I don't have any issues and I'm afraid dropping it will create them. Can't wait to hear what you think of the new setup though!

I want the deadset kit for the rear and front I can already hear some subframe knocking, but I just can't justify spending 250 bucks on some aluminum collars and bolts. I know it's going to get to one point where I will no longer be able to bear the noises and I will buckle and get them, but for now I can spend 250 else where maybe get a water meth kit. Good luck with the mounts you will love them. It's a great upgrade over OEM and there is barely any diffeence in nvh if any at all.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #61
Pmanpop
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 Vw GTI
Quote:
I want the deadset kit for the rear and front I can already hear some subframe knocking, but I just can't justify spending 250 bucks on some aluminum collars and bolts. I know it's going to get to one point where I will no longer be able to bear the noises and I will buckle and get them, but for now I can spend 250 else where maybe get a water meth kit. Good luck with the mounts you will love them. It's a great upgrade over OEM and there is barely any diffeence in nvh if any at all.

You should get the 034 kit. It has all the required bolts. It's around 180 on modded euros with their 5% forum discount code
Mods: OEM led Golf R Tails, Magnaflow CBE, Whiteline 24mm Rear Sway Bar, Koni Coilovers, BSH Pendulum mount, Neuspeed rse12 18x8 et45, 225/40/18 tires, rolled pulled bacon fenders, TTRS BBK, Giac stage 2 clutchbuster
Pmanpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #62
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 Candy White GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmanpop View Post
You should get the 034 kit. It has all the required bolts. It's around 180 on modded euros with their 5% forum discount code

I read a thread debating whose kit is best and I believe that most people vote for the Tyrol kit based on the fact that they were first to the game, and have proven to have excellent customer service for a "marginal" price difference. But I believe that the materials in the 034 kit are better suited to fight corrosion. Not sure which is really "better" but IMO if you have the clunk then you can't go wrong with either kit!

Need a custom vinyl decal or 3D printed item for your GTI? Send me a PM!
Need help with Eurodyne Tuning:
www.tunemaestro.com
mikejsmith1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:59 AM   #63
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
I read a thread debating whose kit is best and I believe that most people vote for the Tyrol kit based on the fact that they were first to the game, and have proven to have excellent customer service for a "marginal" price difference. But I believe that the materials in the 034 kit are better suited to fight corrosion. Not sure which is really "better" but IMO if you have the clunk then you can't go wrong with either kit!

I don't think corrosion is the biggest factor. You want the bushing to be softer than the metal on each side which is why I vote for tyrolsport vs a billet bushing.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:38 AM   #64
MeanGreenGTI
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Haven't even looked at other kits. The only other one I knew of was CTS but with my shitty experience with their downpipe fitment I don't want to buy CTS anything again.

Quote:
I'll have to do some research on the 034 kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I don't think corrosion is the biggest factor. You want the bushing to be softer than the metal on each side which is why I vote for tyrolsport vs a billet bushing.
I'm pretty sure you've never led me down the wrong path. So I'm going to get Tylorsport but not without looking at 034's stuff. Good information right here. Thanks guys.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #65
moddedeuros
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: Audi/VW
Quote:
We no longer carry 034 products. Decided to no longer carry their product line.

We sell a bunch of the CTS kits with no issues.
moddedeuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #66
MeanGreenGTI
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by moddedeuros View Post
We no longer carry 034 products. Decided to no longer carry their product line.

We sell a bunch of the CTS kits with no issues.
I want to give CTS another shot I really do but I've heard good and bad as there is the same with every parts manufacturer but the bad outweigh the good for me concerning CTS and I wish I would have done some research prior to purchasing their DP I would have opted for a different brand. But thank you for the bump still love Moddedeuros you guys have done nothing but right in my book.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #67
OhioMK6
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI - 2DR Manual
I am planning on getting a protune/etune. How much better is your Freektune compared to the COBB OTS? Is it night and day difference? Butt dyno gains? Did you send logs and have everything dialed in?
Stratified Tune | SouthBend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | ECS Tuning Intake - SPM Downpipe - Corsa RSC Catback - GFB DV+ - Audi R8 Coils + NGK IX Plugs - Koni Coilovers - 3SDM 0.06 Wheels - Hankook Evo V12 - HAWK
HPS 5.0 Pads - ECS Tuning SS Brake Lines - Ziza Golf R Tails - ECS Tuning Street Shield - Eonon GA5153f Android Headunit
OhioMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:21 PM   #68
MeanGreenGTI
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMK6 View Post
I am planning on getting a protune/etune. How much better is your Freektune compared to the COBB OTS? Is it night and day difference? Butt dyno gains? Did you send logs and have everything dialed in?
It's night and day honestly. The car drives/feels smoother, power-band is also a bit different and just overall, it drives different. I can definitely feel the gain from OTS stage 2 vs. my Freektune stage 2. I'm actually upset that I didn't do this as soon as I got the accessport lol. The whole thing is great too at least through Freektune it is. Justin responds quickly to all emails and he will answer all your questions about the logs you send over. I would recommend a custom tune to anyone running a Cobb Ap.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #69
OhioMK6
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI - 2DR Manual
Quote:
It's night and day honestly. The car drives/feels smoother, power-band is also a bit different and just overall, it drives different. I can definitely feel the gain from OTS stage 2 vs. my Freektune stage 2. I'm actually upset that I didn't do this as soon as I got the accessport lol. The whole thing is great too at least through Freektune it is. Justin responds quickly to all emails and he will answer all your questions about the logs you send over. I would recommend a custom tune to anyone running a Cobb Ap.
Awesome! Did you notice a progressively better tune as you exchanged your logs and got updated maps? Do you feel the tune is still "safe" while adding power? Any knock that you've seen via the AP? The price is right at $150!
Stratified Tune | SouthBend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | ECS Tuning Intake - SPM Downpipe - Corsa RSC Catback - GFB DV+ - Audi R8 Coils + NGK IX Plugs - Koni Coilovers - 3SDM 0.06 Wheels - Hankook Evo V12 - HAWK
HPS 5.0 Pads - ECS Tuning SS Brake Lines - Ziza Golf R Tails - ECS Tuning Street Shield - Eonon GA5153f Android Headunit
OhioMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #70
MeanGreenGTI
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMK6 View Post
Awesome! Did you notice a progressively better tune as you exchanged your logs and got updated maps? Do you feel the tune is still "safe" while adding power? Any knock that you've seen via the AP? The price is right at $150!
So actually it was a bit backwards for me. I felt the OTS Cobb stage 2 was unsafe my trim levels were off I had knock through all 4 sensors. With the freektune I feel like my car is much safer, I mean he asked specifically what mods I have on my car by name brand, what elevation I'm running at and what I would like to achieve and is dialing it in just to that. I wanted more power, a good launch control and I got just that. As far as the map getting progressively better I'm not sure if I can persay feel that. I can only purely say that my car feels great and it runs way better on the custom map. I've seen some random knock in my 3rd cylinder during a wot pull but that could be mechanical noise from the motor because it comes and leaves so quickly. I'm waiting for my new map because he wanted to address that specifically with a new map to see if it was something with the tune or just some mechanical noise the sensor is picking up. The price is definitely right at $150.