GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #15
Sspcivic31
FIA GT Champion

Drives: APR Ko4'd 2010 CSG 4dr GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Our custom data logging can poll up to around 20Hz with 10-15 monitors selected. Polling rates would go down to around 10Hz with 40 monitors selected.
Marshall@COBB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sspcivic31 View Post
What data rate does the accessport support for data logging?

Is the access tuner software available to end users outside of your protuner network?

If already have another tuning suite/software load on the ECU do I have to get flashed back to stock before I can use the accessport or is there some provision to flash a stock load back on?
Thanks for the logging clarification. What about the other two questions?
136.61mph Wannagofast Horseshoe Bay 1/2 mile
138.03mph Wannagofast Sulphur Springs 1/2 mile
Sspcivic31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #16
dave80
FIA GT Champion

Drives: vw
Would Jr be able to do a custom K04 tune at P&L?
dave80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #17
Goingnowherefast
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 16 GTI S 6MT, 91 Miata
Welcome. Is there any plans for an OTS low ethanol blend tune? Like E20-E30?

Turbo miata build starting here: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96866
Goingnowherefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #18
atlastracer

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
We cannot verify compatibility with other intakes for the 'Stage 1+SF' mapping, due to potential differences in tubing diameter and filter media.

Marshall@COBB
So it *should* work as long as the intake is the same diameter and of the same quality filter.

This is probably a long shot, but doing some basic tests and publishing compatibility for some of the popular intakes would be awesome.

I am sure many of us already have an intake. No chance I am swapping it for a Cobb one. Same goes for a downpipe.

I think APR just wants a high-flow intake for their Stage 1+, and a high-flow downpipe for their Stage 2. Don't think they specify it must be from APR (I am sure they prefer it was obviously).
atlastracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:26 PM   #19
apa11393
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: GTX30 '12 GTI, '96 Miata
^because they use the stock maf housing, the intake doesn't matter much beyond that unless it's horribly designed or something. looks like cobb used a 3" housing and scaled it in the tune which over complicates things, especially because the OEM housing diameter has been proven to flow well over 600 hp
apa11393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:45 PM   #20
WalkerT
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Congrats guys and welcome to the VW community! I am always supportive of new tuners that are willing to invest the time in our platform.
MK6 VW Driver's Group@Facebook 2012 GTI DSG Unitronics stg2, Billy boat 3" DP, IE intake, CTS 3" catback, D088 Intercooler, BFI stg1 engine mounts, O.Z. 18x8 Alleggerita, Charge pipe, up pipe, NS vent boost gauge, BFI DSG shifter, H&R suspension, H&R adjustable rear sway 24mm, R8 coils
WalkerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:08 PM   #21
panzr15
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI, 2008 FJ Cruiser
Many of us are already tuned with other companies' OTS tunes. If we were interested in switching to your platform, will we need to have our car's ECU flashed back to stock by a shop, before using your Accessport?
Euro Switch w/USP Auto Light Sensor / APR Stage I Intake & Stage II Tune / Tinted Fogs / Clear Corners / Hardwired Valentine V1 / ECS Tuning Jack Pad Adapters / Custom SPM Downpipe to Custom 2.75" Catback / BFI Stage 1 Dog Bone & Transmission Mount Inserts / Modshack Low Profile Engine Trim / BFI Stage 1 Engine Mount / Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Pipe / Drivers Gear Springs / Golf R Struts & Shocks
panzr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:13 PM   #22
Goingnowherefast
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 16 GTI S 6MT, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzr15 View Post
Many of us are already tuned with other companies' OTS tunes. If we were interested in switching to your platform, will we need to have our car's ECU flashed back to stock by a shop, before using your Accessport?
Yes, that goes for any tune switch.

Turbo miata build starting here: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96866
Goingnowherefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:03 PM   #23
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Welcome to the club guys!

Tell us about protuning. Specifically how your AP handles the plotudinous box codes and software revisions for these cars. If, say, I wrote a conservative (OTS-friendly) k04 tune on my 1K0-907-115-AT S0010 ECU, will I be able to give it to my buddy to load onto a gen 1 EA888 with a different box code?

Quote:
Our custom data logging can poll up to around 20Hz with 10-15 monitors selected. Polling rates would go down to around 10Hz with 40 monitors selected.
This is REALLY great logging capability for the platform. What's the export file format? txt, csv, other? Care to share a sample file so I can poke around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlastracer View Post
Can the Stage 1+ map be used with a non-Cobb intake? (I am sure many folks have an intake already installed, but no tune yet).
No. It's what apa11393 said: The MAF housing on the cobb intake is non-standard. The whole tune is based off this scaling, which is different than others' tunes.
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:52 PM   #24
blingdub
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI MK6 Autobahn MT, Uni 1+
are there plans to release accesstuner race in the future?
blingdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:05 PM   #25
phuccer
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG 4DR CSG
What are the gain numbers for 91 octane?
phuccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #26
hbrown0509
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
So anytime you would change something with a bolt on performance part you will have to go in and adjust the tune from the videos I have watched? Also only are scaled to Cobb's performance parts? Yeah APR and Unitronic and others may be more expensive but they adapt to whatever performance parts are on your car right? I'm still in the dilemma of what tune to go with bur I'd like to wait and see what Cobb comes out with. I'd rather pay more and have professionals do it and will still be tailored to your climate, octane, and the modification parts that are already on my car. Plus, companies like Uni design their program to work like the factory ecu which is always changing all the engine dynamics as you're driving.
hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:22 AM   #27
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Yeah not liking the fact you guys use a different maf size and scale everything to it. Forcing everyone to buy your intake because it wont work with the standard or oem maf housing.

Bit disappointing that you guys come into a market that has been open for 7 years and now decide to write tunes above stage 1 with hardware only you supply to force people to spend more money and changing what they already have, since atleast 80% of the people on here have a intake..and they all use the oem unit or same size as oem, if they want stage 1+ or higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #28
OhioMK6
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI - 2DR Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Yeah not liking the fact you guys use a different maf size and scale everything to it. Forcing everyone to buy your intake because it wont work with the standard or oem maf housing.

Bit disappointing that you guys come into a market that has been open for 7 years and now decide to write tunes above stage 1 with hardware only you supply to force people to spend more money and changing what they already have, since atleast 80% of the people on here have a intake..and they all use the oem unit or same size as oem, if they want stage 1+ or higher.
I'm using an ECS Tuning intake with the stock MAF housing running Cobb Stage 1+. I don't believe this is an issue? Maybe Cobb can clarify.
Stratified Tune | SouthBend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | ECS Tuning Intake - SPM Downpipe - Corsa RSC Catback - GFB DV+ - Audi R8 Coils + NGK IX Plugs - Koni Coilovers - 3SDM 0.06 Wheels - Hankook Evo V12 - HAWK
HPS 5.0 Pads - ECS Tuning SS Brake Lines - Ziza Golf R Tails - ECS Tuning Street Shield - Eonon GA5153f Android Headunit
OhioMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote