GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #57
rawag77
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Got stomped by a brown Cobb-tuned WRX wagon getting onto the tollway this morning. Guess it's time to pull the trigger on this.
rawag77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:39 AM   #58
COBB Tuning
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: 2012 GTI, 2015 GTI, 2016 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeshmo345 View Post
Hey Cobb, I was curious. Does the stage 2 file remove the CEL as well from having a high flow or catless downpipe? I know you've stated that these stages were designed to work with your hardware, but its a curiosity if I may need an O2 spacer or not?

You would not need any sort of spacer when using our Stage 2 OTS map. As long as the sensor is in place and in good working order there should not be any CELs present.

Marshall@COBB

VW EXPERT GROUP - ALEX FOX | CHRIS BLACK | CHRIS MOUNTAIN | DREW GORRIE | JASON GABOURY | IAN ARMSTRONG | MARSHALL GLASGOW
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE
COBB Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:41 AM   #59
COBB Tuning
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: 2012 GTI, 2015 GTI, 2016 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawag77 View Post
Got stomped by a brown Cobb-tuned WRX wagon getting onto the tollway this morning. Guess it's time to pull the trigger on this.
Haha! That was me. Cool weather had the ol' gal feeling a bit frisky this morning.

Feel free to stop by and check us out, we'd be more than happy to give you a ride/walk through with one of our shop cars.

Marshall@COBB

VW EXPERT GROUP - ALEX FOX | CHRIS BLACK | CHRIS MOUNTAIN | DREW GORRIE | JASON GABOURY | IAN ARMSTRONG | MARSHALL GLASGOW
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE
COBB Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #60
rawag77
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Haha! That was me. Cool weather had the ol' gal feeling a bit frisky this morning.

Feel free to stop by and check us out, we'd be more than happy to give you a ride/walk through with one of our shop cars.

Marshall@COBB
Hopefully you saw my . Nice clean car you've got. I'm off Monday so i might stop on by and take a look. You guys gonna be open?

FYI don't know if you've seen him, but there is a WilCo Sheriff in a dark brown Tahoe commonly on O'Connor drive in the mornings...
rawag77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #61
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
You would not need any sort of spacer when using our Stage 2 OTS map. As long as the sensor is in place and in good working order there should not be any CELs present.

Marshall@COBB
This include those of us that are Catless?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #62
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '14 CW GTI
Hey guys,

question on the AP's boost reading. I am usually at ~20 inches of mercury (vacuum) when idle and I have peaked around 20psi with my old Stage 2 tune.

With the AP, when idle it's reading in boost at about 5psi. I was on the highway last night on my way home and it read 50 inches of mercury the whole way in cruise control. I have peaked with the COBB Stage 2 AP at 30+ psi.

What's going on here? Is it reading in a different measurement?

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #63
DNAtured
Ready to race!

Drives: 2013 GTI MkVI
Are there any plans to make the intake CARB approved? I'm only aware of Neuspeed having one, so it'd be great to see another option in the market.

http://dnaturedgti.tumblr.com/
Old 03-25-2016, 04:08 PM   #64
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
Hey guys,

question on the AP's boost reading. I am usually at ~20 inches of mercury (vacuum) when idle and I have peaked around 20psi with my old Stage 2 tune.

With the AP, when idle it's reading in boost at about 5psi. I was on the highway last night on my way home and it read 50 inches of mercury the whole way in cruise control. I have peaked with the COBB Stage 2 AP at 30+ psi.

Thanks.
I think they read in absolute so you have to subtract the atmospheric pressure. Its not that great of a boost gauge(anything reading the OBD2 isnt totally awesome. I would buy a mechanical gauge(Best read possible in my opinion) and maybe just show other AP gauges and not boost such as A/F ratio etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #65
Goingnowherefast
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 16 GTI S 6MT, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks.
The AP takes raw data from the ECU. I.E it is not corrected for standard pressure. So take the number (X) and subtract 14.7 to get the correct value.

X-14.7= Correct Boost Reading

Numbers are still kinda funky, but at least they are closer to what they should be.

Turbo miata build starting here: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96866
Goingnowherefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #66
blingdub
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI MK6 Autobahn MT, Uni 1+
Marshall,

as of currently, your tune for stage 1 still lags the competitors in terms of performance gains.

your claims are currently +13.2% hp and +24.7% tq for your stage 1+SF map. however, APR's v2 stage 1 /w intake is +24.6% hp and +51.9% tq.

do you have plans to close this gap with OTS maps?
blingdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:34 PM   #67
CiHKAL
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI DSG - APR K04 V3.1 FBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
I think they read in absolute so you have to subtract the atmospheric pressure. Its not that great of a boost gauge(anything reading the OBD2 isnt totally awesome. I would buy a mechanical gauge(Best read possible in my opinion) and maybe just show other AP gauges and not boost such as A/F ratio etc.

Yep, it reads in absolute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CiHKAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:55 PM   #68
OhioMK6
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI - 2DR Manual
My AccessPort reads boost fine it seems. Stage 1 was hitting about 16-17. Why is everyone's so different. I certainly wouldn't subtract 14 from my readings.....
Stratified Tune | SouthBend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | ECS Tuning Intake - SPM Downpipe - Corsa RSC Catback - GFB DV+ - Audi R8 Coils + NGK IX Plugs - Koni Coilovers - 3SDM 0.06 Wheels - Hankook Evo V12 - HAWK
HPS 5.0 Pads - ECS Tuning SS Brake Lines - Ziza Golf R Tails - ECS Tuning Street Shield - Eonon GA5153f Android Headunit
OhioMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:28 PM   #69
SeanBlurr
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '13 GTI Wolf
Glad to see you guys here! I ran an AP in my 2004 WRX for years. Not many offer APR in the area so plug and play flash for me is HUGE
Old 03-27-2016, 09:52 AM   #70
Tank
Autocross Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMK6 View Post
My AccessPort reads boost fine it seems. Stage 1 was hitting about 16-17. Why is everyone's so different. I certainly wouldn't subtract 14 from my readings.....
What parameter are you using as there are several boost related? My gauge reads boost fine