GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Golf MKVI photos, spyshots, videos, media

Old 03-22-2016, 10:49 PM   #1
ManofVoice
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI Autobahn
eBay Catback with Godspeed Downpipe

VIDEO:

For those who are interested, I installed the eBay Catback with the Godspeed downpipe (w/Magnaflow cat)

Here's my sample of a cold start, step down, and revs. I'll be adding a Vibrant Resonator (1142) later this week and posting another video for comparison:

https://youtu.be/uBljzRmNvqc

2010 Black 4DR Autobahn DSG|aSPEC Charge Pipe| aSPEC Turbo Outlet Pipe |LED Interior Light Kit|Unitronic Stage 2 ECU|DG Springs|Luft-Technik Intake|R8 Coil Packs+NGK plugs|GFB DV+|Godspeed Downpipe|Magnaflow Hi-flo Cat
ManofVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:01 AM   #2
datdudeukno
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: '13
I know videos never do these justice, but it sounds like there's a fluttering noise (for lack of a better way to describe it) when coming down in rpm's after revving. Is that just in the video?
datdudeukno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:45 PM   #3
ManofVoice
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by datdudeukno View Post
I know videos never do these justice, but it sounds like there's a fluttering noise (for lack of a better way to describe it) when coming down in rpm's after revving. Is that just in the video?

Yeah there's a flutter when hopping off throttle in park. I noticed it in other folks videos as well with different catbacks.

The Vibrant resonator is now installed so I'll shoot a new vid in a day or so. I'm really pleased with the final product.
2010 Black 4DR Autobahn DSG|aSPEC Charge Pipe| aSPEC Turbo Outlet Pipe |LED Interior Light Kit|Unitronic Stage 2 ECU|DG Springs|Luft-Technik Intake|R8 Coil Packs+NGK plugs|GFB DV+|Godspeed Downpipe|Magnaflow Hi-flo Cat
Old 04-20-2016, 10:33 PM   #4
CaNANDian
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofVoice View Post
Yeah there's a flutter when hopping off throttle in park. I noticed it in other folks videos as well with different catbacks.

The Vibrant resonator is now installed so I'll shoot a new vid in a day or so. I'm really pleased with the final product.
CaNANDian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:47 PM   #5
ManofVoice
Touring Car Newbie

eBay Catback with Godspeed Downpipe

Sorry, forgot to upload the vid. I shot these a few weeks ago. If you need better then I'll shoot another vid.

https://youtu.be/njEtBYFCrSw
Old 04-21-2016, 01:08 PM   #6
phuccer
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG 4DR CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofVoice View Post
Sorry, forgot to upload the vid. I shot these a few weeks ago. If you need better then I'll shoot another vid.

https://youtu.be/njEtBYFCrSw
Did you have any problems with fitment on these parts?
phuccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:27 PM   #7
ManofVoice
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuccer View Post
Did you have any problems with fitment on these parts?

I started with the downpipe and it was a perfect fitment to my stock catback.

The catback, which I added later on, did have a significant tip alignment issue because one side of the Y-pipe was simply longer than the other. The eBay catback seller/builder credited me back some cash so that I could get additional hardware to even out the tips. After various trial and error I found that a good quality butt clamp allowed me to extend the length of the Y-pipe and get the even tip fitment that I was pleased with. The size of the tips look really nice IMO.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:49 PM   #8
ManofVoice
Touring Car Newbie

Anyone have any experience with this setup? Almost a year with the Downpipe.