GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-08-2016, 01:42 AM   #57
aspirollari
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerT View Post
That's not weird. Those are good numbers! It will all depend on your whole setup. Sense I have been running this setup for a couple of weeks. I have gotten 230-240. Depends a lot on outside temp and what the tune is requesting. I know that on my current setup I could not get the Carbino to flow more than 200g/s.
My set up is only the intake lol. Do you think it would be worth it for me to get the cobb intake? I do plan on going stage 2. And eventually a custom tune.
aspirollari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #58
WalkerT
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
If you plan on stage 2 yes , and if you are going Pro-Tune then hell yes lol
Get the most out of your custom tune.
MK6 VW Driver's Group@Facebook 2012 GTI DSG Unitronics stg2, Billy boat 3" DP, IE intake, CTS 3" catback, D088 Intercooler, BFI stg1 engine mounts, O.Z. 18x8 Alleggerita, Charge pipe, up pipe, NS vent boost gauge, BFI DSG shifter, H&R sport, H&R adjustable rear sway 26mm, Koni orange, R8 coils
WalkerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:03 PM   #59
aspirollari
Autocross Champion

Quote:
If you plan on stage 2 yes , and if you are going Pro-Tune then hell yes lol
Get the most out of your custom tune.
gotcha, yea i guess ill go with the cobb. How you liking your eurojet dp? Im looking at buying one of those. Thinkin its the best bang for your buck considering other quality dps are well over 500 bucks.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:57 PM   #60
aspirollari
Autocross Champion

Quote:
The stage 1 Cobb tune can be used with any intake. The stage 1+ and 2 is for the 3" maf Cobb intake.

The AccessPort is the best reason to go COBB! I will cover that in an additional review.
funny story, this whole time i thought i was on stage 1+ 93 cuz i didn't see a specific "1+" when i first got the ap. I just saw 91 and 93. So i assumed 91 was stage 1 and 93oct was stage 1+ lol. Tonight i ran the actual 1+ with my evoMS intake. It was def. a little jittery but still pulled harder then just stage 1. Also went from 218 g/s to 220 g/s.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:40 AM   #61
MaliciousMK6
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Tornado Red 2Dr 6MT GTI
What are the trim % readings on this intake?
MaliciousMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #62
JS12
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliciousMK6 View Post
What are the trim % readings on this intake?
Mine are all over the place, but I'm currently working with COBB to see what it might be. LTFT at idle is around .95 but it jumps up to 1.15 while cruising. I'm not sure if it's installer error (me), bad gas, or something else yet.

Probably a dumb question, but when installing the silicone reducer elbow onto the turbo itself, how far down should I push it? I noticed some metal ridges on the side of the turbo housing (one on the passenger side facing the fender). Should I stop there and tighten the worm clamp, or jam it on as far as I can?
JS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:05 AM   #63
MaliciousMK6
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS12 View Post
Mine are all over the place, but I'm currently working with COBB to see what it might be. LTFT at idle is around .95 but it jumps up to 1.15 while cruising. I'm not sure if it's installer error (me), bad gas, or something else yet.

Probably a dumb question, but when installing the silicone reducer elbow onto the turbo itself, how far down should I push it? I noticed some metal ridges on the side of the turbo housing (one on the passenger side facing the fender). Should I stop there and tighten the worm clamp, or jam it on as far as I can?
You can check trim levels via vcds, I'd be interested to know the readings, oem intake is +- 5% some aftermarket intakes are much higher and can cause cell. The tube should rest against the lip of the turbo, it ensures there's enough turbo to have the c-clamp hold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #64
JS12
Oval Newbie

Thanks. It sounds like I might need to pull the hose up a bit and re-tighten the worm clamp. It's just frustrating because it seems pretty straightforward but I've made several attempts so I'm still wondering if it's some other issue.

Forgive my ignorance, but are the LTFT readings off of the Accessport different than what I'd see using VCDS? I thought the .95 - 1.15 correspond to 95% - 115%.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:44 PM   #65
MaliciousMK6
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS12 View Post
Thanks. It sounds like I might need to pull the hose up a bit and re-tighten the worm clamp. It's just frustrating because it seems pretty straightforward but I've made several attempts so I'm still wondering if it's some other issue.

Forgive my ignorance, but are the LTFT readings off of the Accessport different than what I'd see using VCDS? I thought the .95 - 1.15 correspond to 95% - 115%.
Never used Cobb before but if your getting a variance of 15% trim then that's very bad. I couldn't run something with greater than 8%. Unfortunately many poorly designed intakes for mk6 run this way. There are threads on it and how to check it, you can find them with a quick search.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #66
rawag77
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
This helped me understand it more: http://www.autoserviceprofessional.c...for-you?Page=1

Page 2 talks about measuring fuel trim with the ltft and stft numbers.
rawag77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:21 PM   #67
JS12
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawag77 View Post
This helped me understand it more: http://www.autoserviceprofessional.c...for-you?Page=1

Page 2 talks about measuring fuel trim with the ltft and stft numbers.
This is helpful, thanks! If COBB doesn't have any suggestions I will likely swap back in my stock airbox tonight and reset the trims to see if that resolves the issue.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #68
WalkerT
Rally Car Champion

All of my data logs show a max difference of 99-105

Most are 99-102 in variance
MK6 VW Driver's Group@Facebook 2012 GTI DSG Unitronics stg2, Billy boat 3" DP, IE intake, CTS 3" catback, D088 Intercooler, BFI stg1 engine mounts, O.Z. 18x8 Alleggerita, Charge pipe, up pipe, NS vent boost gauge, BFI DSG shifter, H&R sport, H&R adjustable rear sway 26mm, Koni orange, R8 coils
WalkerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:06 PM   #69
JS12
Oval Newbie

Quote:
All of my data logs show a max difference of 99-105

Most are 99-102 in variance
Good to know. I'm going to reinstall the stock air box tonight and inspect the COBB to see if there might be an issue with the intake itself. I'm 85% confident that the install is correct.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #70
JS12
Oval Newbie

I got my stock airbox reinstalled. In the process of removing the COBB intake, I re-checked all connections and didn't see any issues. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary inspecting the pipe or hoses either.

After switching back to a Stage 1 map and driving for a few miles, my LTFT numbers started going down. I drove for a few more miles and it never went above 1.00. As mentioned before, LTFT would swing wildly with the COBB intake installed, and sat around 1.15-1.20 with any throttle applied or while cruising.

I'm going to check in with COBB to see if they have any other suggestions. Unfortunately, with family/job duties, I don't have a lot of time to tinker with my car. If COBB isn't able to pinpoint any issue, I'll likely try to return it to the online shop.

Is anyone else running Stage 1+ and had issues with fuel trims? I'm wondering if there's some issue with those particular maps.

Last edited by JS12; 05-11-2016 at 11:18 PM.