GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 09:01 PM   #15
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver
 
Tkulhanc134's Avatar
 
Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Virginia
Posts: 8,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_mr.niceguy View Post
Then my friend rolls down the window again, I did say he was crazy, and yells "GO SUCK YOUR MOM'S TITS."

i just hope he'll stop before someone takes it too far.

I (well my dad while I was in the car) had a related road rage. This was back when we lived in Turkey, I was probably 10. We were coming home from a 6 hour roadtrip, it was me, my dad and my grandmother. A cab driver took his right of way, of course he naturally honked his horn. Which made the cab driver stop and gets out of the car. He saw his mother and he said "i fucked your mother" I kid you not, it is very harsh and my dad didn't fall into his bait, cause most of those cab drivers hide tire irons under their seats in case of road rage. If you had a fight with one of them, and there are other cab drivers, they will join with the cabby side like a gang and it'll end up like 1 against 6 fight. At times driving there is similar to driving in Russia.
__________________
2012 GTI 6MT-APR Stage 1 => 2015 GTI DSG
Tkulhanc134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #16
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver
 
Tkulhanc134's Avatar
 
Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Virginia
Posts: 8,171
The Official Road Rage Story Thread

Onto topic, I was young and stupid when I was 18-20. I once cut off a black dude in a BMW (e46) on the way to school, he was only leaving one car space in traffic. He got all crazy and rode cm's off my ass. Once we stopped, he got out of the car and punched my window a few times. He was huge (6'5 and ripped) and I knew I fucked with the wrong guy. That taught me to be smarter on the road alone, and I started driving normally ever since.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2012 GTI 6MT-APR Stage 1 => 2015 GTI DSG

Last edited by Tkulhanc134; 05-04-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Tkulhanc134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #17
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver
 
TSI_mr.niceguy's Avatar
 
Drives: a racecar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: steel city
Posts: 1,579
The Official Road Rage Story Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkulhanc134 View Post
i just hope he'll stop before someone takes it too far.

I (well my dad while I was in the car) had a related road rage. This was back when we lived in Turkey, I was probably 10. We were coming home from a 6 hour roadtrip, it was me, my dad and my grandmother. A cab driver took his right of way, of course he naturally honked his horn. Which made the cab driver stop and gets out of the car. He saw his mother and he said "i fucked your mother" I kid you not, it is very harsh and my dad didn't fall into his bait, cause most of those cab drivers hide tire irons under their seats in case of road rage. If you had a fight with one of them, and there are other cab drivers, they will join with the cabby side like a gang and it'll end up like 1 against 6 fight. At times driving there is similar to driving in Russia.

Damn. That's some crazy shit man, lol. Sounds more like taxi drivers aka Turkish gangstas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkulhanc134 View Post
Onto topic, I was young and stupid when I was 18-20. I once cut off a black dude in a BMW (e46) on the way to school, he was only leaving one car space in traffic. He got all crazy and rode cm's off my ass. Once we stopped, he got out of the car and punched my window a few times. He was huge (6'5 and ripped) and I knew I fucked with the wrong guy. That taught me to be smarter on the road alone, and I started driving normally ever since.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it really isn't worth messing with random people. You never know who you're actually dealing with, and nowadays so many people carry guns but have no license or clue how the fuck to use them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz,
yeah my car drives like a** but atleas its the strongest OTS tune on market, bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:56 AM   #18
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion
 
DASVDUB's Avatar
 
Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,738
Subd for stories lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #19
Jcap287
FIA GT Champion
 
Drives: candy white gti
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh pa
Posts: 1,201
i like when people follow me and ride me for no reason they think i will be going home or making another errand then i end up just driving around and they get even more ticked off because they know i am just messing with them... for instance i have like 2 school bus lengths to turn in onto the road and this camry starts following me riding ... i put boeing 747s on him once i got on the highway to the point where he was out of sight ...slowed down hes on me again ..while i am going home.. so i take him on a goose chase and start driving around i pass where i live headed toward a back road i notice he gets livid and pulls off so i stop when im out of site wait about 10 minutes drive back ..out of curiousity i drive up to where he pulled off since cant be seen from road ..low and behold hes not there so i knew he was following me
__________________
Build Thread : http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread...74#post1747774
Jcap287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:52 PM   #20
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion
 
sticksabuser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcap287 View Post
i like when people follow me and ride me for no reason they think i will be going home or making another errand then i end up just driving around and they get even more ticked off because they know i am just messing with them... for instance i have like 2 school bus lengths to turn in onto the road and this camry starts following me riding ... i put boeing 747s on him once i got on the highway to the point where he was out of sight ...slowed down hes on me again ..while i am going home.. so i take him on a goose chase and start driving around i pass where i live headed toward a back road i notice he gets livid and pulls off so i stop when im out of site wait about 10 minutes drive back ..out of curiousity i drive up to where he pulled off since cant be seen from road ..low and behold hes not there so i knew he was following me
You got people tailing you? I would try getting their plates.
__________________
APR Stg 1 v2.0, HS tuning RSR clutch, K&N Typhoon CAI, BFI Stg 1 engine mount, VWR Trans mount, Nuespeed dogbone insert, VWR Springs, Tylosport front brake bushings, Diesel Geek shifter, 42dd shifter bushings, 26mm Front & 22mm Rear H&R Sway bars, Whileline endlinks, Auto Headlight Conv kit, Black Euro tails, DeAutoKey HID/LED lows highs and fogs, White interior LEDs, LED side markers and turn sugnals, Blue Tint Aspherical Mirrors
sticksabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:39 PM   #21
ENGLND
Autocross Champion
 
ENGLND's Avatar
 
Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SE WI
Posts: 92
Subbed for stories.

I only have one story from when I was 17 and living in England. My friend and I had spent all evening with these 2 girls that we supposed to crash at my house for the night, long story short one of their parents called them and said that had to go home...at 2am...they live half an hour away.

We cram into my little 1997 VW Polo (know your Euro VWs ) and are about 2 miles from dropping them off when a murdered out Cooper S flies by me and cuts in front. Bear in mind the roads are DEAD, we've seen maybe 3 cars the whole 25 minute drive so far. My friend thinks it would be hilarious to reach over and hold his hand on my horn then flash my lights repeatedly at them. We noticed them getting slower and slower and I know something is fishy, so I turn around in a driveway and head off in the other direction to take a detour and mitigate the situation. We think we're all good until a few minutes later the Cooper S comes flying up behind me flashing high beams and then coming along side me and trying to run me off the road swerving towards me.

So 4 of us in this tiny car pushing the limits at like 90mph on country roads trying to escape this mental Mini driver. They end up chasing me all the way back past where we came from and for a total of 45 minutes. The whole time they were trying to run me off the road and tailing me less than a car length.
One of the girls is on the phone to 999 (911 but English) and they tell us to pull up to the cop shop, but it's closed so noone will be there (small town)?! I said no F'in way and just used my familiarity of the area to make quick turns and lose them...

Heart racing and after about 20 minutes, now around 3am, we start the 40 minute drive back to take them home. Finally get back to my place at like 4.30am.

As a payback, I stole my mates keys at school a week or so later and moved his car to a different parking lot on the other side of the school. His face was priceless when he thought it got stolen. I let him worry for a few hours and only told him when he was trying to explain to his mum that it had been stolen

I've never abused another driver since, except under my breath. Looking back, we're seriously lucky no one ended up hurt.
__________________
Subtly UK Themed MK6 GTI DSG
ENGLND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #22
Jcap287
FIA GT Champion
 
Drives: candy white gti
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh pa
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticksabuser View Post
You got people tailing you? I would try getting their plates.
I couldnt get behind him ...he had WV plates so there werent front plates ... trust me i love getting plates
__________________
Build Thread : http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread...74#post1747774
Jcap287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #23
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion
 
uglybastard's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Central NH
Posts: 2,548
Subbed for stories.

Im afraid ill go to jail when i finally have a story to tell. Typical day i have a few weapons of various types on my person and in the car. Id probably pull one and get charged with attempted something.
__________________


R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #24
Philimon
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2012 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
Subbed for stories.

Im afraid ill go to jail when i finally have a story to tell. Typical day i have a few weapons of various types on my person and in the car. Id probably pull one and get charged with attempted something.
Learn how to control yourself? Or are you saying that it's too difficult to pull a weapon in self-defense without getting in trouble?

What is it about the road that people tend to lose courtesy, patience, and self-preservation instincts? I think it's partially due to feeling safe in a big car with some anonymity, kinda like how people behave on the internet. But what compels a person to get out of the car when everyone is armed these days?

Google "road rage gun" and there is like a thousand videos. The few videos I've seen no shots were fired, except in Russia. I guess the next best defense is a camera. Maybe try a camera instead of guns uglybastard?
Philimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #25
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion
 
uglybastard's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Central NH
Posts: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philimon View Post
Learn how to control yourself? Or are you saying that it's too difficult to pull a weapon in self-defense without getting in trouble?

What is it about the road that people tend to lose courtesy, patience, and self-preservation instincts? I think it's partially due to feeling safe in a big car with some anonymity, kinda like how people behave on the internet. But what compels a person to get out of the car when everyone is armed these days?

Google "road rage gun" and there is like a thousand videos. The few videos I've seen no shots were fired, except in Russia. I guess the next best defense is a camera. Maybe try a camera instead of guns uglybastard?
i'd probably pull the telescoping baton before my pistol, but i imagine it would depends greatly on the situation at hand. lesser crime i guess?
__________________


R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #26
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion
 
uglybastard's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Central NH
Posts: 2,548
Also, i actively avoid road ragers... they're pretty easy to spot and are better to be behind than in front of... if they want to drive faster than me, they'll be the ones getting the ticket not me... i love baiting these guys actually, since most do not have radar detectors and i know when the optimal times are to trigger them and then slow down
__________________


R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:26 PM   #27
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver
 
TSI_mr.niceguy's Avatar
 
Drives: a racecar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: steel city
Posts: 1,579
What we should start doing is mounting those nitrous purge kits on some sort of servo that you can control remotely so if some other dumbass gets out of their car, just blast em and they'll start laughing hysterically. Problem neutralized.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz,
yeah my car drives like a** but atleas its the strongest OTS tune on market, bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:56 PM   #28
VR6Growl
Formula 3000 Driver
 
VR6Growl's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Jetta 2.5 SEL; '14 328D xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Swan Point MD
Posts: 3,925
Road rage... I have tons of stories... D.C. is a nasty place to drive even in the best of times...

Used to have a 1996 Jeep Wrangler; tons of mods (literally) and on 4.5" lift with 35s

Driving that in every day I would generally just relax in the right lane and cruise with traffic; it was too big to drive crazy with anyway. I even stayed well to the right within my lane as most SUVs couldn't even see around me, let alone smaller cars. It never failed though, we'd be slowing down for traffic ahead and someone in the smallest car imaginable would cut me off (usually a Miata, S2000, MR2, or similar sized). Now these are cars I would literally drive over if they cut me off and stopped fast; my bumper was above their rear deck lid in most cases. When they would cut me off, I'd flash my high beams a couple quick times, just saying "hey, really not the smartest thing to do when my tires are taller than your door..." more or less; but I never tailgate or anything because mostly I couldn't have seen their brake lights...
Anyway; the one I will never forget is a green S2000; he pulls the typical cut off the huge Jeep when traffic is going from 70 to 0; I flash my lights a couple times and stand on the brakes; he honestly left me no room at all; if I hadn't been slowing down already I would have hit him. As soon as I flash my lights, he flips out, slams his brakes on and swerves into the breakdown lane and hits a guardrail... I had to swerve left and stand on the brakes to avoid hitting him, so I pull over ahead of him to make sure he is OK. He jumps out with a knife in hand screaming that he was going to kill me; so I reach behind my seat and pull out my 36" breaker bar (kept for trail use) and step out. He immediately drops the knife and jumps back in his car I walked up slowly, asked if he was alright, maybe he hit his head or something? He said he was fine and was calling his insurance to report the accident. I hung around until a cop pulled up; the way he freaked I really did think he may have hit his head, but I explained what happened to the cop; he laughed a little and told me to go ahead and leave, he'd take care of it.

I also had a Ram 2500 run me off the road as he was trying to hit me,I put it in 4 hi and drove down the grass with him fishtailing all over behind me trying to catch up It helped that I had 4.88:1 gearing, detroit locker rear, air locker front, and a supercharged engine though...
__________________
-Jason G. --
2012 Jetta 2.5 SEL
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
VR6Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.