GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions

Old 05-23-2016, 03:24 PM   #29
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
I actively try to avoid pissing people off on the roads. Because people take shit way to seriously.

If a dude is coming up on my or tailgating ill move out of the way(When safely available) im not gonna play games with him and him try and pull a gun on me or something.

I dont really think i have a road rage accident although one time i think we made a guy shit himself lol.

Me and 2 of my friends (rather large 5-10"-6-1" and between 190-250lbs each) pilled up into my single bench seat truck when leaving rugby practice one day. So were all wearing shorts and ripped/dirty jerseys. It was raining and at a stop sign i started to go but then had to brake quickly as another car did a U-turn and it would not have been safe for me to merge into the road and i guess the kid in the car behind us thought we were just gonna floor it so he went to (apparently he was not gonna stop at the stop sign like the law dictates) But anyways he tries to stop and skids and taps my back bumper. It was a baby love tap. But its also pissing rain and lightning like normal Florida afternoons.
Anyways this guy was not expecting all these burly hairy men to get out. Which must have made us look extra pissy because u used to have to slamm (like hardcore slam) the doors shut otherwise they wouldnt close.
So yeah go look at the bumpers. He hasnt moved or unbuckled his seatbelt yet. Just that look of semi terror and deer in headlights.

So we look and kindly give him a thumbs up that there is no damage and we jump back in the truck and away we go.

Not so cool as yalls but pretty funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:41 PM   #30
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
I had some lady yelling at me out her window last week. She was driving this little truck with a bunch of pool equipment in it, so half the bed was rusted away. I was coming up to a stop light and the lane I was in was empty, but then this old lady in her slow little truck switched lanes into my lane so she could be at the front. I got on her ass a little bit, but not too aggressively. When the light turned green she starts accelerating soo slow, so again I'm on her ass a little bit until I could go around. I don't even know what she was yelling. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the people inside the cars and I don't really hold anything against people and stare them down as I drive past them. I was just passing her like a normal person would, not even looking at her, and I hear all this yelling. I didn't bother reacting to her either, just continued on.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #31
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
right after high school a kid i went to school with pulled an airsoft pistol out while speeding on a highway and pointed it at another driver while not looking at the road... all of this during a rain storm. in front of an unmarked state police car. who caught it all on tape. and i think he had weed and pills on him when they arrested him.

i'd feel bad for the kid but he was your typical yuppie asshat, driving dad's new Jag and being a douche as some people can be.

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:32 AM   #32
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: a racecar
It amazes me how some people are willing to just start shit and not think about the consequences. Some crazy mother fucker could follow you home! Ya I sound paranoid but most situations that people get into are completely avoidable it seems like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:38 AM   #33
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_mr.niceguy View Post
It amazes me how some people are willing to just start shit and not think about the consequences. Some crazy mother fucker could follow you home! Ya I sound paranoid but most situations that people get into are completely avoidable it seems like.

and people wonder why i arm myself. This.

╬╬╣
Old 06-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #34
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6Growl View Post
Road rage... I have tons of stories... D.C. is a nasty place to drive even in the best of times...

Used to have a 1996 Jeep Wrangler; tons of mods (literally) and on 4.5" lift with 35s

Driving that in every day I would generally just relax in the right lane and cruise with traffic; it was too big to drive crazy with anyway. I even stayed well to the right within my lane as most SUVs couldn't even see around me, let alone smaller cars. It never failed though, we'd be slowing down for traffic ahead and someone in the smallest car imaginable would cut me off (usually a Miata, S2000, MR2, or similar sized). Now these are cars I would literally drive over if they cut me off and stopped fast; my bumper was above their rear deck lid in most cases. When they would cut me off, I'd flash my high beams a couple quick times, just saying "hey, really not the smartest thing to do when my tires are taller than your door..." more or less; but I never tailgate or anything because mostly I couldn't have seen their brake lights...
Anyway; the one I will never forget is a green S2000; he pulls the typical cut off the huge Jeep when traffic is going from 70 to 0; I flash my lights a couple times and stand on the brakes; he honestly left me no room at all; if I hadn't been slowing down already I would have hit him. As soon as I flash my lights, he flips out, slams his brakes on and swerves into the breakdown lane and hits a guardrail... I had to swerve left and stand on the brakes to avoid hitting him, so I pull over ahead of him to make sure he is OK. He jumps out with a knife in hand screaming that he was going to kill me; so I reach behind my seat and pull out my 36" breaker bar (kept for trail use) and step out. He immediately drops the knife and jumps back in his car I walked up slowly, asked if he was alright, maybe he hit his head or something? He said he was fine and was calling his insurance to report the accident. I hung around until a cop pulled up; the way he freaked I really did think he may have hit his head, but I explained what happened to the cop; he laughed a little and told me to go ahead and leave, he'd take care of it.

I also had a Ram 2500 run me off the road as he was trying to hit me,I put it in 4 hi and drove down the grass with him fishtailing all over behind me trying to catch up It helped that I had 4.88:1 gearing, detroit locker rear, air locker front, and a supercharged engine though...
agreed!!

I just witnessed a road rage over the weekend in Alexandria. I was going on a date with my girlfriend, and some retard in a lowered RSX with horrible plastidipped wheels flaking was scissoring around (he cut me off horribly to the point I had to brake). Then he cut off a Silverado, in which Silverado got mad and tailgated him centimeters behind him. The retard himself wasn't letting him pass, so he scraped the RSX's side and brake checked him, which the retard rear-ended and ruined his sweet ebay xenons, kid looks like 17. I saw both of them arguing and yelling at each other in the rearview. I hope the kid learns a lesson from this. I don't blame the Silverado for what he did, but still unacceptable.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:50 PM   #35
feedingthesickness
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 CW Golf R
Not a road rage incident because I don't get mad at this kind of stuff but still kinda funny. I was in the far right lane about 2 miles from my exit when the bmw over to the left changes right into my lane a couple feet in front of me. Obviously didnt check her blind spot. I had noticed earlier she was a mid 40's pretty hot blonde so when she cut me off I was like "bb y u do dis to me" and gave her a honk just to let her know she should of checked over her shoulder. She eventually goes back into her original lane. I catch up next to her and she smiles at me while giving this apologetic kind of wave. I totally blew her a kiss as I was entering the off ramp. Thanks for reading my love story
Old 06-20-2016, 10:52 PM   #36
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

other day i come to a stoplight, one lane each way. i have a green kight and someone in front of me turning right. like a normal person i let them take their right before i make my move to go back home. assbag in a F150 passes me over the double yellow as i am taking off. i wasnt going to let them in front of meuntil they started veering into me since oncoming traffic. I tailed him for a bit but not riding his ass - mustve put a spook into him because he took off at the next light and put cars between us.

kinda wish i can an empty soda can in the car to toss into his bed as i drove past him while he turned off to some trailer park. Would have really showed him.

in all seriousnes s i wouldnt have been any more confrontational than pointing out that he drives like an asshole who wants to wreck other people cars, and that im sorry about his SDS

╬╬╣
Old 06-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #37
VR6Growl
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '12 Jetta 2.5 SEL; '14 328D xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
other day i come to a stoplight, one lane each way. i have a green kight and someone in front of me turning right. like a normal person i let them take their right before i make my move to go back home. assbag in a F150 passes me over the double yellow as i am taking off. i wasnt going to let them in front of meuntil they started veering into me since oncoming traffic. I tailed him for a bit but not riding his ass - mustve put a spook into him because he took off at the next light and put cars between us.

kinda wish i can an empty soda can in the car to toss into his bed as i drove past him while he turned off to some trailer park. Would have really showed him.

in all seriousnes s i wouldnt have been any more confrontational than pointing out that he drives like an asshole who wants to wreck other people cars, and that im sorry about his SDS
But what happened to your green kite? Did it fly away?

Last edited by VR6Growl; 06-21-2016 at 01:10 PM.
VR6Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:32 PM   #38
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Rightt.. i hate when i plot hole is discovered.
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:39 PM   #39
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: a racecar
Do you guys remember the epic story that Bender wrote years ago... That shit was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #40
feedingthesickness
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 CW Golf R
Quote:
Do you guys remember the epic story that Bender wrote years ago... That shit was awesome.

pics or it didnt happen
Old 06-21-2016, 03:41 PM   #41
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:

No. Tell us

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-21-2016, 10:27 PM   #42
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
clearly i was talking about my knight.

╬╬╣