GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions

Old 06-21-2016, 11:09 PM   #43
BeZeds
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 4 Door GTI DSG CSG
Funny I came across this thread.. Ive had more people stalk and chase me in my GTI than my prior two cars (00' civic si, 05 Sunfire).

This Saturday I was on my way out to Bolton to polish my mechanics car as a favour for doing my DSG service. I was driving along in the right hand lane of a 4 lane road and as i was approaching the intersection id say about two-three carlengths from the intersection a guy in a white Acura SUV makes a right hand turn into my lane and takes his time accelerating. I was forced to change lanes mid intersection to avoid hitting him. ....the chase was on, he pulled up beside me with his window down freaking out, I dropped a gear and weaved around some cars to get some distance, doesn't this crazy fucker swing into oncoming traffic to keep up. I get to a red and he pulls beside me freaking out, I roll down my window and semi-calmly explaining my actions. I'm assuming english wasnt his first language cause he didnt understand shit, and starts telling me to get out of my car, I called him a piece of shit and rolled up my window. and gunned it, weaved through some more cars and eventually made it to the highway, without him being able to catch up.

God bless Unitronic.
BeZeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:29 AM   #44
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeZeds View Post
Funny I came across this thread.. Ive had more people stalk and chase me in my GTI than my prior two cars (00' civic si, 05 Sunfire).

This Saturday I was on my way out to Bolton to polish my mechanics car as a favour for doing my DSG service. I was driving along in the right hand lane of a 4 lane road and as i was approaching the intersection id say about two-three carlengths from the intersection a guy in a white Acura SUV makes a right hand turn into my lane and takes his time accelerating. I was forced to change lanes mid intersection to avoid hitting him. ....the chase was on, he pulled up beside me with his window down freaking out, I dropped a gear and weaved around some cars to get some distance, doesn't this crazy fucker swing into oncoming traffic to keep up. I get to a red and he pulls beside me freaking out, I roll down my window and semi-calmly explaining my actions. I'm assuming english wasnt his first language cause he didnt understand shit, and starts telling me to get out of my car, I called him a piece of shit and rolled up my window. and gunned it, weaved through some more cars and eventually made it to the highway, without him being able to catch up.

God bless Unitronic.

I find this to be the best way to stop road rage in its tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:13 PM   #45
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: a racecar
LOL i remember seeing that on facebook years back. Gotta love Russia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #46
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
minor setback that brandishing is illegal and such...

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:35 PM   #47
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
minor setback that brandishing is illegal and such...

Yeah
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #48
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

and reports of brandishing will give cops probable cause before they even pull you over

╬╬╣
Old 06-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #49
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

and reports of brandishing will give cops probable cause before they even pull you over

╬╬╣
Old 06-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #50
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
There was some kid that went to threaten someone with his gun while he was driving a few months ago or so, just down the street from me. Stupid fucker shot himself in the leg instead.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:31 PM   #51
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
There was some kid that went to threaten someone with his gun while he was driving a few months ago or so, just down the street from me. Stupid fucker shot himself in the leg instead.
please tell me you call him cheddar bob

╬╬╣
Old 07-11-2016, 10:48 AM   #52
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: a racecar
@ those of you who also regularly drive in the city, holy shit do I hate fucking bus drivers!!!! I recently started commuting to the city much more often. God do they piss me off!!!! Zero regard for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:29 AM   #53
Jackoblee
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: BMW , Blue in color 2012 model
Post Road Rage Story

Once I was behind a guy who I watched nearly cause an accident when he pulled out onto the road and nearly cause another accident changing lanes. Eventually the road opens up and we are both doing about 60 MPH on this 35 MPH road, but I'm about 100 yards behind him. Suddenly I see him hit his brakes, and I look and there's a cop sitting in the oncoming left turn lane. I hit my brakes too, and watch as the cop makes a U-turn in front of me and lights him up. I felt bad, but at least he was deserving.
Jackoblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:49 AM   #54
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackoblee View Post
Once I was behind a guy who I watched nearly cause an accident when he pulled out onto the road and nearly cause another accident changing lanes. Eventually the road opens up and we are both doing about 60 MPH on this 35 MPH road, but I'm about 100 yards behind him. Suddenly I see him hit his brakes, and I look and there's a cop sitting in the oncoming left turn lane. I hit my brakes too, and watch as the cop makes a U-turn in front of me and lights him up. I felt bad, but at least he was deserving.
Slow down
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-21-2016, 10:07 AM   #55
VR6Growl
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '12 Jetta 2.5 SEL; '14 328D xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackoblee View Post
Slow down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Slow down
^And this...
VR6Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #56
Dans GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6
Had an incident occur on 4th of July never had anything this crazy happen to me in terms of road rage... Standing at a stop light to turn left onto a road. There are 2 lanes to turn left, i'm in the farthest left lane with my wife in my GTI, and then a ford fusion stops abruptly in the lane to my right i see the car was packed 2 people in the front and 3 or 4 in the back, all the windows are down and the people in the back of the car are all yelling and throwing hand signs /flashing beer cans clearly all drunk.

The light turns green and we all turn left onto the road, the lanes merge from 2 lanes into 1 almost instantly so im stuck behind the ford. The speed limit on that road is 55 mph and the ford decides to drive at 20 mph...so i decide to pass him on his right in a normal manner.. (the road is very wide, enough for 2-3 lanes easy, don't question why there is only 1 lane..California for you) the driver sees me starting to pass and instantly turns hard right trying to ram into me i accelerate and avoid his attempt into side swipe me. I get in front of him and hes either trying to tail gate me/go around me/ or ram into me i wasn't able to find out because he was to slow. He starts chasing me and we approach a tight hair pin in his attempt to catch up to me he takes the corner way to fast and brakes hard almost running into the train tracks/off the road. After that i never saw him again.

Situations like this really open up your eyes and make you appreciate the fact that we are able to conceal carry/stay armed here in the U.S. Very thankful and happy that the situation didn't go down a different way. Thank you APR!
Dans GTI is offline   Reply With Quote