GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for front mount intercooler

pertzborn99

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody selling an aftermarket FMIC? Specifically a nuespeed but I'm open to many options

A7xogg

Passed Driver's Ed
Apparently not, unless neuspeed is a Chinese core. Someone has a review on here saying he got one and his buddy had neuspeed and they found not find a difference

GTIROCKet

Ready to race!
I have the arm and my buddy has a neuspeed, absolutely no difference, fitment was perfect too, I opted for the blacked out one for a stealth look

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Apparently not, unless neuspeed is a Chinese core. Someone has a review on here saying he got one and his buddy had neuspeed and they found not find a difference

More than likely, they are from the same manufacturer. Only difference is the $$$ because of the name (Neuspeed).

I like my ETS. It's less expensive than either one of them. :D

eppy

Ready to race!
More than likely, they are from the same manufacturer. Only difference is the $$$ because of the name (Neuspeed).

I like my ETS. It's less expensive than either one of them. :D

Did ETS release a full bolt-on ready kit or do you still have to custom fit it?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Did ETS release a full bolt-on ready kit or do you still have to custom fit it?

custom fit

FMIC and installation parts came to a total of $455. The intercooler was designed for a 2nd Gen DSM (Talon/Eclipse)

Last edited:

Sleeping Forest1

Ready to race!
I have the arm and my buddy has a neuspeed, absolutely no difference, fitment was perfect too, I opted for the blacked out one for a stealth look

Did you ever dyno your car?

i just saw the other thread about this intercooler. Wondering if the core is the same?

pertzborn99

Passed Driver's Ed
I might just go to an S3 intercooler, I am stage 2 and I autocross, and occasionally track.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
How did you custom fit it? Did you have to weld?

* 1" wide aluminum sticks (Lowes/Home Depot)
* nuts, washers and short bolts (the FMIC comes with welded brackets, which made it easy. You need enough for 4 points....2 at the radiator support and 2 at the FMIC itself. DO NOT....repeat...DO NOT try to drill into the crash bar because it is reinforced steel. I drilled into the ABS plastic "radiator support".
* NO welding whatsoever. Just make sure to get the appropriate 2.5" aluminum piping and silicone hoses (which I cut to make couplers). Make sure to use quality t-bolt clamps or else you may deal with boost leak. I used "CLAMPCO" brand clamps.
* As you can see from the pics below, you will have to bend the brackets holding the horns UPWARDS on both sides. This will give you more room for the intercooler pipes.

If anyone is interested going this route, feel free to PM me. During the install, I did want to make a DIY but knowing there are plenty of members who are "DEBBIE DOWNERS", I didn't want to deal with the BS. lol

It's not really that hard to do if you are handy with tools and have persistence. No special tools are needed and it can be done by yourself within a few hours. :D

Last edited:

XanderCablay

* 1" wide aluminum sticks (Lowes/Home Depot)

* nuts, washers and short bolts (the FMIC comes with welded brackets, which made it easy. You need enough for 4 points....2 at the radiator support and 2 at the FMIC itself. DO NOT....repeat...DO NOT try to drill into the crash bar because it is reinforced steel. I drilled into the ABS plastic "radiator support".

* NO welding whatsoever. Just make sure to get the appropriate 2.5" aluminum piping and silicone hoses (which I cut to make couplers). Make sure to use quality t-bolt clamps or else you may deal with boost leak. I used "CLAMPCO" brand clamps.

* As you can see from the pics below, you will have to bend the brackets holding the horns UPWARDS on both sides. This will give you more room for the intercooler pipes.

If anyone is interested going this route, feel free to PM me. During the install, I did want to make a DIY but knowing there are plenty of members who are "DEBBIE DOWNERS", I didn't want to deal with the BS. lol

It's not really that hard to do if you are handy with tools and have persistence. No special tools are needed and it can be done by yourself within a few hours. :D

What is that ets core rated to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk