GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct from Flatbed, failed coil after tune.

schulmann

Passed Driver's Ed
So I had my GTI tuned for Stage 2 APR.
After 50mi I am on flatbed, coil No1 went out :(

It is definitely the coil.
Moving the coils also moves the misfire code.

Did I read right: tuning the GTI's engine is tough on the coils ?
I should have read the small letter in the disclaimer :)

I also read that I should buy the red R8 coils which are priced the same as the VW coils.

Am I right ?

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Yes, get the red top coils.

FriggenT1

Banned
I went through stage 2, k04 file on friggen F23T and then eurodyne before I switched...never had a coil failure...switch because of misfire, but I think that was a plug.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Get a set of R8 red tops and get some spares as well and keep then in your trunk.

This always have a spare or 2 in the trunk. You never know when something will happen.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
So I had my GTI tuned for Stage 2 APR.
After 50mi I am on flatbed, coil No1 went out :(

It is definitely the coil.
Moving the coils also moves the misfire code.

Did I read right: tuning the GTI's engine is tough on the coils ?
I should have read the small letter in the disclaimer :)

I also read that I should buy the red R8 coils which are priced the same as the VW coils.

Am I right ?

not sure where in Canada you're located...but before you order them off ECS...call up an Audi dealer ship/parts department and check their prices. I got all 4 $110 or so (gst included)... quick drive and if you have a zip tie or steady hand it's an easy change in the parking lot. Just make sure you ask for the R8 coils...they're gonna ask you " you have an R8?" tell the dumb ass ya so get them pronto!! :paddle:

GL!!

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Don't do Chinese parts. I tried to save money and buy the napa auto parts inhouse brand of the red top coils. Caused my car to run like crap. Had to go to the dealer and purcahse OEM ones.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie