GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #1
raynbec

Drives: 2011 gti
ignition/fuel issues help

I have a 2011 gti cbfa. Apr stage 1. Last year i had an issue where i have an ecu issue that messed with my fuel pressure regulator voltage. The car was in limp mode and wouldn't hold boost or do much of anything. Sent the ecu to apr and fixed that problem, this was in November. Car has been running great since then,except for my water-pump leak but thats another issue.

Flash forward to yesterday and im leaving work doing a little pull and the car looses boost and cuts out like it is either loosing fuel or spark and the epc light flashes and service engine comes up on the screen. I pull over, turn the car off and give it a second. Turn it back on and it is idling fine but go to hit the stationary rev limiter and wont go past 3.5k and sounds rough and wont hold boost. I use my generic scanner and get 2 codes. one is p0321 and the other is pertaining to fuel pressure regulator. At first i though it would be a ignition coil so i swapped a spare i have in all 4 cylinders and the issue still persisted. Reading up it looks like it could be a g28 speed sensor, but wondering if anyone else is experiencing the issue. I have already replaced the high pressure fuel pump last nov trying to diagnose my last issue. If anyone has any imput i would gladly appreciate it. Sorry for wall of text.
raynbec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:23 PM   #2
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
ignition/fuel issues help

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynbec View Post
I have a 2011 gti cbfa. Apr stage 1. Last year i had an issue where i have an ecu issue that messed with my fuel pressure regulator voltage. The car was in limp mode and wouldn't hold boost or do much of anything. Sent the ecu to apr and fixed that problem, this was in November. Car has been running great since then,except for my water-pump leak but thats another issue.

Flash forward to yesterday and im leaving work doing a little pull and the car looses boost and cuts out like it is either loosing fuel or spark and the epc light flashes and service engine comes up on the screen. I pull over, turn the car off and give it a second. Turn it back on and it is idling fine but go to hit the stationary rev limiter and wont go past 3.5k and sounds rough and wont hold boost. I use my generic scanner and get 2 codes. one is p0321 and the other is pertaining to fuel pressure regulator. At first i though it would be a ignition coil so i swapped a spare i have in all 4 cylinders and the issue still persisted. Reading up it looks like it could be a g28 speed sensor, but wondering if anyone else is experiencing the issue. I have already replaced the high pressure fuel pump last nov trying to diagnose my last issue. If anyone has any imput i would gladly appreciate it. Sorry for wall of text.

I had the same issues last year prior to swapping coils and plugs and it turned out to be a bad hpfp but you shot that down as I read towards the end but GL figuring it out!

Check this thread out:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1314240?page=1

"VW DTC P0321 - Ignition / Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Range / Performance... the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is not sending out a clear signal to the ECU. You'll want to either pull the sensor and gently clean or replace with a donor sensor. Why donor? So if that's particually the exact problem, you're only down a few bucks... See where that gets you and report back if other details arise."
notovicrious is offline   Reply With Quote