GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > California

Old 06-12-2016, 04:12 AM   #15
stevenchkim
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 6M QT Hatch
This is from a couple of weeks ago, and I really should've done this sooner but Brian really saved my brother's bacon and we could've been raped and weren't. So my brother (who is deaf btw, which has nothing to do with anything) saved up a few grand and was shopping for a 3-4 year old low mileage Civic. He doesn't like stiff or lowered cars and doesn't believe in modding cars in general so he had no interest in a GTI which is what I have (for 6 yrs now).

During the dealer hopping looking for Civics, just for shits and giggles we stopped at a VW dealership and we couldn't believe how used VW were just going for a howdy-doody and a good-looking-out. A 2012 GLI with 21.5k miles was on the lot for $15.9k (base manual) and though we tried, they wouldn't budge on the price and despite the somewhat low price I'm putting down to the general bad will VW has had since the TDI fiasco, this price was pretty much unmatched by any similar car, and several thousand $k lower than the lowest priced comparable Civic, and not the SI but a plain jane model. A test drive with the unexpected torque and nearly as good as my GTI interior sealed the deal and I cosigned the loan for him and he has the nicest car he's had ever. A week after he buys the car the Last Sunday Neuspeed open house is held, we attend, he falls for the RSE52 wheels in gunmetal, 17" and they are 30% off retail, and I've had the 18" RSE07 wheel before and really liked them (except for them being ball seat and this didn't play nice with my stud conversion and colorful lug nut collection).

But he want's to do something like that without the stud conversion, and he wants them yesterday, though I have a line on some Mevius lugs at a really decent price, he just can't bear the wait. So I source some neochrome lug bolts that are nice to look at, and with a acorn seat to ball seat washer, they will work with the Neuspeed wheels. I show him how a breaker bar/torque wrench works, lend him mine, and let him get to it. He immediately makes the mistake of hand torquing the lug bolt only a turn or two before resorting to the torque wrench. Why? Because it was hard to turn. Doh! stripped thread happens and the lug bolt/washer combo hangs on the bolt opening and I've got a good suspicion that the bolt hole is fuct. I call Brian with the lowdown, and he confirms what I suspected, and of course there are 2 options-tap the hole if not too bad, or if bad, maybe need a new hub. Brian quotes me $30 - price of hub + labor and my brother zips down to Metric the next day. Brian took a couple years of CC ASL and that helps too. $20 and 20 mins later he is all smiles headed back home (35 miles away in LA).

I really can't thank Metric (Brian specifically) enough and I can attest to their integrity and knowledgability if nothing else. Pics of car.

day we brought the car home. Bro can't stop smiling like Joker, mom approves. Really likes the Tiguan, my R purchase on hold to get Tiguan for her next.

Permagrin still plastered on admiring Neuspeed wheels mounted and balanced.

Brian and Metric saves the day and the neochrome lug bolts look nice if nothing else. Here's hoping they don't fall off for unseen hairline cracks.

More or less how she sits today, permagrin not pictured but still present. I've offered to pay for parts and install of mild lowering springs. No. He doesn't want them! Wants to do a Jetta Allroad look alike and I threaten to molotov cocktail the car if the gap grows any bigger... No fuqn way is the car getting raised. No.
CTS K04+APR v3.1|Neuspeed P-Flo|UR TBE|Neuspeed FMIC|DG Sigma6|TWM M1 Brnz|Eibach F&R Sways|GC Camber Plates|034 Eng&Trns mnts 50-d|EurosportACC Strut&Xbraces|UR under brace|ECS front end skid plate|KW V2|MFactory Helical LSD|SB S3 Endr|RB4045 BBK|Advan RS 17x8 ET47|HK V12 255/40/17|P3 Gauge|Depo Tails&5k HIDs|stud conversion 14x1.5 to 12x1.5+Raicer lug nutz|Raicer LEDs
<--Flickr
stevenchkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:41 PM   #16
stevenchkim
Formula 5000 Driver

Brian, thanks for hunting down the boost leaks. Now weren't you going to price some hardware for me?

MFactory Helical Limited Slip Differential

The above in particular, but also a heavier than stock pulley that's internally damped; a something metalic to protect the soft underbelly of my Q2e turbo yaris ricer.
CTS K04+APR v3.1|Neuspeed P-Flo|UR TBE|Neuspeed FMIC|DG Sigma6|TWM M1 Brnz|Eibach F&R Sways|GC Camber Plates|034 Eng&Trns mnts 50-d|EurosportACC Strut&Xbraces|UR under brace|ECS front end skid plate|KW V2|MFactory Helical LSD|SB S3 Endr|RB4045 BBK|Advan RS 17x8 ET47|HK V12 255/40/17|P3 Gauge|Depo Tails&5k HIDs|stud conversion 14x1.5 to 12x1.5+Raicer lug nutz|Raicer LEDs
<--Flickr
Old 06-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #17
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '14 CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenchkim View Post
Brian, thanks for hunting down the boost leaks. Now weren't you going to price some hardware for me?

The above in particular, but also a heavier than stock pulley that's internally damped; a something metalic to protect the soft underbelly of my Q2e turbo yaris ricer.
Sounds like you're looking for a Fluidampr (LINK) and ECS Tuning Street Shield (LINK).
Old 06-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #18
Metric Autosport
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: Vw and Audi
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenchkim View Post

PM quote
Metric Autosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:52 PM   #19
stevenchkim
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
Sounds like you're looking for a Fluidampr (LINK) and ECS Tuning Street Shield (LINK).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric Autosport View Post
PM quote

CarniifeX: winner, winner, chicken dinner. Having these 3 purchased thru and installed by Metric Autosport in July. Will post updates good or bad (hopefully not the later) when done
<--Flickr
Old 07-11-2016, 02:25 PM   #20
Metric Autosport
Go Kart Newbie

TT RS clutch installed on a GLI

This GLI has a k04 turbo running on the stock clutch and was in need of a stronger clutch.
We decided to go with the Audi TT RS pressure plate and a custom made organic clutch.
The clutch feels much better then the stock one and is no longer slipping.

Audi TT RS pressure plate

Custom made organic clutch
Old 07-18-2016, 11:40 PM   #21
Metric Autosport
Go Kart Newbie

Timing Chain tensioner update

Out with the old and in with the new. It's always nice to have peace of mind knowing that you have the updated timing chain tensioner.
Before

After

Last edited by Metric Autosport; 07-19-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:37 AM   #22
bryngutierrez46
Touring Car Champion

Drives:
Thanks brian for the work i now have a peace of mind

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Last edited by bryngutierrez46; 07-20-2016 at 12:41 PM.
bryngutierrez46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:26 AM   #23
BREWZER
Go Kart Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Quote:
Out with the old and in with the new. It's always nice to have peace of mind knowing that you have the updated timing chain tensioner.
Before

After
How much for mk6 gti? Been wanting to get this done
BREWZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:22 AM   #24
Metric Autosport
Go Kart Newbie

^ pm quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:25 AM   #25
hrdboiled
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: cw mkvi gti
I also brought my car here for tensioner update a couple weeks ago. Brian is awesome and really knows his stuff. His quote to replace it was super reasonable. He also found a couple other things I needed to fix. I used to go to the other place in HB but will be bringing my car here from now on. I feel his customer service and pricing are above and beyond. Give him a call.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #26
Metric Autosport
Go Kart Newbie

MFactory LSD install

Installed a MFactory LSD in a 2010 GTI 6mt. This is one of the more overlooked modifications that is crucial to put power to the ground and improve handling performance.

Drilling out the factory rivets on the stock differential.

MFactory LSD ready for ring gear installation.

Torquing the ring gear on the new LSD.

LSD ready to be installed back in the transmission.

LSD installed in the transmission.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:08 PM   #27
bryngutierrez46
Touring Car Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Installed a MFactory LSD in a 2010 GTI 6mt. This is one of the more overlooked modifications that is crucial to put power to the ground and improve handling performance.

Drilling out the factory rivets on the stock differential.

MFactory LSD ready for ring gear installation.

Torquing the ring gear on the new LSD.

LSD ready to be installed back in the transmission.

LSD installed in the transmission.
How much for something like that ?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
bryngutierrez46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #28
Metric Autosport
Go Kart Newbie

^ pm quote