GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metric Autosport offical thread!!

Metric Autosport

Passed Driver's Ed
Few pictures from SoCal Euro.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
So a cop in the infamous Rampart Division is a muscle car enthusiast (so he says) and he is a training officer who was driving around a hot (for a cop) female officer with barely a whisper of a mustache. I think my car offended him for some reason, and as a bonus he gets to show off to the blonde pony tailed Mrs. officer. I get pulled over for not displaying my front license plate (not true, it was wedged in the windshield) and after dicking me around for a good 40 mins he writes me up for intake and license. I get the CARB approved P-Flo and make an appt with the referee, who is just a fucking smog tech. You gonna smog my car? yep. Why? I don't have to smog it for another year. You got a ticket. I fixed it. And I'm gonna test you cuz it's the law. I have to reschedule. Why? if you 'fixed' it. My readiness codes no bueno. Do you have a cat? Yes. The one that came with the car? ...yes. The unspoken word between us 'LIAR'.

So, obviously I need APR to reflash me with a different tune. I am running a 300 cell ceramic cat. Is this and some spacers enough to pass the sniffer test or do I need to slap the stock downpipe back on? If the latter can you guys do the work (and after the test, to put my 3" downpipe back on? How much? You can PM me the price. Thanks in advance.

What the literal fak..... He had you pop your hood when you where getting pulled over for no license plate??

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
What the literal fak..... He had you pop your hood when you where getting pulled over for no license plate??

Yes. As I recall now, he was talking offhandedly about how he had just completed a training program where they taught him what to look for and what violation that might mean, and how to use some app that looks up CARB numbers and what parts it's assigned to. He took a good hard look at my ride height, my catback tips, and finally asked me to pop the hood along with a "what other mods do you have" I fessed up to intake and intercooler cuz the intake is just right there visible. He also said something like you don't have to let me inspect your engine bay, but that will just mean you're going to be here a while until I can get a ??? (what? he didn't say warrant, but he did say something for me to think warrant ) to make me thing he was threatening me with impounding my car for a invasive inspection of my car... for what? i should have refused him and called his BS but I was late getting back to work from my lunch break, and didn't want to think about getting a fix it ticket for the K04, and suspension mods, and all that. I just panicked i guess, cuz I know now, I knew then, that I didn't have to pop the hood for him, and he did his worst to me, not take it easy on me for cooperating. I still get a cold sweat thinking about that.

On the way back from Big So Cal Euro I saw a boarder patrol suv, and thought, meh, not CHP and passed him at 90 or so. A few minutes later some SUV is on my a$$ and I didn't think border patrol and thought he was just someone tailing me to take advantage of the speed I was traveling at and to hope I would get a ticket if anyone was going to get one. Nope border patrol lit me up and asked me "didn't you see me? You knew I was law enforcement?" Now, in LA I've had LAPD light me up on the freeway and just as I pull over, say, "your lucky day, I got another call, slow down" when the real deal is he can't actually write me a ticket. The freeways are the CHP's jurisdiction. But, since SD is close to the border I don't exactly know what the border patrol can or can't do. Anyway, it's a federal agent, who isn't charged with enforcing state laws like speeding. But, i didn't want to find out he would be vindictive enough to hold me and call a CHPpie to, I don't know, be a witness to a violation? Prolly doesn't make sense, but I just don't think it's a good idea to get into a tit for tat match with a man with a gun and a badge and the power to ruin my week.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
I had some work done over at Metric today and I'll say it was a fantastic experience. Brian went above and beyond to help me with my issues all while having great rates.

Would definitely recommend.

hrdboiled

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a subtle grinding noise when making sweeping rights at 40mph or so. It was intermittent and didn't happen all the time. Then when creeping along at a light I hear a clicking noise like someone is jingling a bunch of keys. again, intermittent and very subtle. I actually thought it was the car next to me and was thinking it sounds like crap. Then I realized it was my car. ugh

Anyway, brought my car to Brian and of course the sound disappears. He eventuality puts it on a lift and breaks out the stethoscope. Diagnosis- bad wheel bearing. He wanted to just replace the driver side, but I had him replace both fronts. My car has 106k miles on it and is running like a champ.

Thank you to Brian and the other guy you had there. I appreciate the honesty and outstanding customer service!

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Brian replaced the intake manifold on my wife's A3 over the weekend. Exceptional service and Brian is an awesome guy.

INV2LAW

Passed Driver's Ed
Been to metric a couple times to take care of some stuff in my R. Brian's a great guy and has fixed my issues fast and with no problems! Would definitely go back here in the future, he's got my business.

Metric Autosport

Passed Driver's Ed
TSI TIMING UPDATE!!

One of the biggest problems with the TSI motor is the timing chain stretching or the timing chain tensioner clasping. Not only did VW update the tensioner they also updated the chain. Here are some picture of the updated parts.

Old timing chain and tensioner.

New Timing chain next to the old.

New chain, tensioner, and guide rails.