GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > California

Old 08-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #29
stevenchkim
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 6M QT Hatch
2010 Manual tranny GTI? Thas me!

Ohai, do the LSD. I didn't for the longest because I didn't know what the $1,500 or so all told got me for the money. Plus the longer I waited, the longer I thought, why spend so much money on an aging car? Why not put the $$ towards purchasing a new car? Because I couldn't bear to part with my car (even without LSD for $12k), and now with it, hellz bellz I couldn't part with my car, not for $12k, not for $15k. I just wish now that I had done this way earlier, like in 2010 (lol) and am going to be telling everyone who will listen that if I could do this all over again, I would get K04 and LSD in the 1st year of ownership so I could've enjoyed the experience of owing and driving a front wheel drive beast of a cute hatch for the past 6 yrs. I missed out, screwed myself being penny wise and pound foolish. It is an overlooked mod to be sure. Don't be that guy. Listen to everyone who has it, I mean, who has LSD that says, you don't need it, don't do it? No one I know. If you have any kind of power in a front wheel drive car, an LSD is a must. Way more necessary a mod than coils or brakes or wheels. On a par with the power adders in making this car worth owning. My 2 cents.
CTS K04+APR v3.1|Neuspeed P-Flo|UR TBE|Neuspeed FMIC|DG Sigma6|TWM M1 Brnz|Eibach F&R Sways|GC Camber Plates|034 Eng&Trns mnts 50-d|EurosportACC Strut&Xbraces|UR under brace|ECS front end skid plate|KW V2|MFactory Helical LSD|SB S3 Endr|RB4045 BBK|Advan RS 17x8 ET47|HK V12 255/40/17|P3 Gauge|Depo Tails&5k HIDs|stud conversion 14x1.5 to 12x1.5+Raicer lug nutz|Raicer LEDs
<--Flickr
stevenchkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:41 PM   #30
Metric Autosport
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: Vw and Audi
Thanks to everyone that came out to SoCal Euro last weekend. It was great meeting some of you guys. Pictures will be coming soon.
Metric Autosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:31 PM   #31
Metric Autosport
Go Kart Newbie

Few pictures from SoCal Euro.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:27 PM   #32
WeekendWarriorz
Touring Car Champion

Drives: BMW Z4M
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenchkim View Post
So a cop in the infamous Rampart Division is a muscle car enthusiast (so he says) and he is a training officer who was driving around a hot (for a cop) female officer with barely a whisper of a mustache. I think my car offended him for some reason, and as a bonus he gets to show off to the blonde pony tailed Mrs. officer. I get pulled over for not displaying my front license plate (not true, it was wedged in the windshield) and after dicking me around for a good 40 mins he writes me up for intake and license. I get the CARB approved P-Flo and make an appt with the referee, who is just a fucking smog tech. You gonna smog my car? yep. Why? I don't have to smog it for another year. You got a ticket. I fixed it. And I'm gonna test you cuz it's the law. I have to reschedule. Why? if you 'fixed' it. My readiness codes no bueno. Do you have a cat? Yes. The one that came with the car? ...yes. The unspoken word between us 'LIAR'.

So, obviously I need APR to reflash me with a different tune. I am running a 300 cell ceramic cat. Is this and some spacers enough to pass the sniffer test or do I need to slap the stock downpipe back on? If the latter can you guys do the work (and after the test, to put my 3" downpipe back on? How much? You can PM me the price. Thanks in advance.
What the literal fak..... He had you pop your hood when you where getting pulled over for no license plate??

-2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster 6MT |FBO+E85| BBS RS-GT | VF-engineering |
-2011 BMW 335i X-Drive |FBO+E85| MHD Stage 2+ E30|
WeekendWarriorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:58 AM   #33
Forever Unclean
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2010 CSG DSG GTI
Quote on a Carbon cleaning and tensioner update?
Old 09-28-2016, 01:58 PM   #34
Metric Autosport
Go Kart Newbie

PMed ^
Old 09-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #35
stevenchkim
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 6M QT Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
What the literal fak..... He had you pop your hood when you where getting pulled over for no license plate??
Yes. As I recall now, he was talking offhandedly about how he had just completed a training program where they taught him what to look for and what violation that might mean, and how to use some app that looks up CARB numbers and what parts it's assigned to. He took a good hard look at my ride height, my catback tips, and finally asked me to pop the hood along with a "what other mods do you have" I fessed up to intake and intercooler cuz the intake is just right there visible. He also said something like you don't have to let me inspect your engine bay, but that will just mean you're going to be here a while until I can get a ??? (what? he didn't say warrant, but he did say something for me to think warrant ) to make me thing he was threatening me with impounding my car for a invasive inspection of my car... for what? i should have refused him and called his BS but I was late getting back to work from my lunch break, and didn't want to think about getting a fix it ticket for the K04, and suspension mods, and all that. I just panicked i guess, cuz I know now, I knew then, that I didn't have to pop the hood for him, and he did his worst to me, not take it easy on me for cooperating. I still get a cold sweat thinking about that.

On the way back from Big So Cal Euro I saw a boarder patrol suv, and thought, meh, not CHP and passed him at 90 or so. A few minutes later some SUV is on my a$$ and I didn't think border patrol and thought he was just someone tailing me to take advantage of the speed I was traveling at and to hope I would get a ticket if anyone was going to get one. Nope border patrol lit me up and asked me "didn't you see me? You knew I was law enforcement?" Now, in LA I've had LAPD light me up on the freeway and just as I pull over, say, "your lucky day, I got another call, slow down" when the real deal is he can't actually write me a ticket. The freeways are the CHP's jurisdiction. But, since SD is close to the border I don't exactly know what the border patrol can or can't do. Anyway, it's a federal agent, who isn't charged with enforcing state laws like speeding. But, i didn't want to find out he would be vindictive enough to hold me and call a CHPpie to, I don't know, be a witness to a violation? Prolly doesn't make sense, but I just don't think it's a good idea to get into a tit for tat match with a man with a gun and a badge and the power to ruin my week.
CTS K04+APR v3.1|Neuspeed P-Flo|UR TBE|Neuspeed FMIC|DG Sigma6|TWM M1 Brnz|Eibach F&R Sways|GC Camber Plates|034 Eng&Trns mnts 50-d|EurosportACC Strut&Xbraces|UR under brace|ECS front end skid plate|KW V2|MFactory Helical LSD|SB S3 Endr|RB4045 BBK|Advan RS 17x8 ET47|HK V12 255/40/17|P3 Gauge|Depo Tails&5k HIDs|stud conversion 14x1.5 to 12x1.5+Raicer lug nutz|Raicer LEDs
<--Flickr
stevenchkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:59 PM   #36
jshay
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: GLI
I had some work done over at Metric today and I'll say it was a fantastic experience. Brian went above and beyond to help me with my issues all while having great rates.

Would definitely recommend.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:27 PM   #37
kitoyskie1285
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 gti drivers edition
thanks for the work Brian..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kitoyskie1285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:32 PM   #38
hrdboiled
Go Kart Champion

Drives: cw mkvi gti
I had a subtle grinding noise when making sweeping rights at 40mph or so. It was intermittent and didn't happen all the time. Then when creeping along at a light I hear a clicking noise like someone is jingling a bunch of keys. again, intermittent and very subtle. I actually thought it was the car next to me and was thinking it sounds like crap. Then I realized it was my car. ugh

Anyway, brought my car to Brian and of course the sound disappears. He eventuality puts it on a lift and breaks out the stethoscope. Diagnosis- bad wheel bearing. He wanted to just replace the driver side, but I had him replace both fronts. My car has 106k miles on it and is running like a champ.

Thank you to Brian and the other guy you had there. I appreciate the honesty and outstanding customer service!
Old 10-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #39
sniper27
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI DE
Brian replaced the intake manifold on my wife's A3 over the weekend. Exceptional service and Brian is an awesome guy.
sniper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:28 AM   #40
INV2LAW
Go Kart Champion

Drives: CW Golf R
Been to metric a couple times to take care of some stuff in my R. Brian's a great guy and has fixed my issues fast and with no problems! Would definitely go back here in the future, he's got my business.
INV2LAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:46 PM   #41
Cosko11
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI MT 2DR
Quote on carbon cleaning?
Cosko11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:52 PM   #42
Metric Autosport
Go Kart Newbie

TSI TIMING UPDATE!!

One of the biggest problems with the TSI motor is the timing chain stretching or the timing chain tensioner clasping. Not only did VW update the tensioner they also updated the chain. Here are some picture of the updated parts.

Old timing chain and tensioner.

New Timing chain next to the old.

New chain, tensioner, and guide rails.