GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey Xenon D1S Bulb Review

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have officially changed all the lights on my car to LEDs, and I'm extremely happy with them. Only thing is that now the stock xenons look too warm in color and didn't really go with the rest of the lights. So I talked to the people over at deAutoKey and got a set of higher color temperature bulbs.

I put in one 6,500k bulb in first and drove around to see how it compared to the stock bulb. Color temperature was a noticeable difference. It matched the other LEDs very well. I took someone else with me and drove around trying to see if there was any difference in brightness of the bulbs. Typically with a higher temperature you lose a bit of brightness. The bulbs were very close in brightness, but the person I took and I thought that the deAutoKey bulb was a tiny bit brighter. Very very very small though. I don't recommend anyone trying to buy these to have a brighter bulb. You'd be disappointed. Now if you are wanting to have a different color bulb, then I definitely recommend these.

Later on I got a set of 5,500k bulbs from them to compare against my 6,500k bulbs. I was pretty set on the 6,500k, but then I put the 5,500k in and I ended up liking them more. They are a bit brighter than the 6,500k, again not by much, and they are a bit of a warmer temperature (obviously).

So the stock bulb is the least bright, the 6,500k is a little brighter than that, and the 5,500k is a little brighter than the 6,500k. I ended up settling with the 5,500k because it was a tiny bit brighter, but mainly because it was a more cool colored light output that isn't blue at all. It's still more white than blue.

This is the deAutoKey 6,500k bulb on the left and the stock bulb on the right.

This is the deAutoKey 6,500k bulb on the driver side and the deAutoKey 5,500k bulb is on the passenger side.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Was there a difference in how long it took for the bulbs to fully warm up?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks for the great review!

For warm-up times it should be the same as any xenon including the stock OEM so we are not sure why this would even be an issue here? I cannot see the few seconds it takes to warm-up to its full color would ever be an issue, by the time you turn these on and they warm-up you will be out of your driveway or out of your parking spot.

Sorry for this reply but we honestly never understood why the warm-up time would ever be an issue for anyone, if someone can explain why it would be an issue or how it was ever an issue for anyone in daily driving situations we would honestly would like to know.

Thank you

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I was just asking coz I'm curious. I don't have this headlight, I have the halogen with your h7rc. Was just wondering if it would be different that's all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I was just asking coz I'm curious. I don't have this headlight, I have the halogen with your h7rc. Was just wondering if it would be different that's all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry, as we said we are sorry for the post/question as it sounded "defensive" but we were only honestly asking out of curiosity as we personally never had any issues with any xenon warm-up times in cars.

But it is the same as the H7RC kit we offer but the d1s cannot be used in the reflector headlights, it can only be used in the projector headlights.

Thanks for the question and allowing us to ask a follow-up.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to add more pictures of my car currently with the 5,500k bulbs, but here are some when I had the 6,500k in. I know they aren't the best for looking at color temperature of the bulbs, but it's all I have.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Here are some pictures of the 5,500k D1S bulbs in my car and deAutoKey's 6,000k H7RC kit in my friend's grey MK6.

5,500k D1S in OEM Projector on left.
6,500k H7RC in OEM Reflector on right.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
We are still working on the final production and it will be launching in a month!

Thanks for your patience - you will not be sorry:
-brighter than OEM
-Plug and play - no errors
-Clean white color temperature that is BRIGHTER and produces more light
-NO BURN IN TIMES - the color you see is the color you get - don't be fooled by others saying their other xenon brands have to burn in for the white color - the truth is when you compare it to ours out of the box vs their burn-in xenon ours are a cleaner white!

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Final production? Will that product differ from what is currently in the group buy?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Final production? Will that product differ from what is currently in the group buy?

No it is the same bulb, it is just the final production run of these vs the initial one we ran for the group buy.

We have a few left over from the first run if you'd like to pick up a set.
-sorry that is a lie - we are all sold out until next month.

Thank you

Lupin

Ready to race!
Deautokey, do you guys know what temperature your bulbs operate at compare to the OEM ones? By temperature i dont mean color, but actual temperature (Celsius) Do they born hotter or colder than OEM?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Deautokey, do you guys know what temperature your bulbs operate at compare to the OEM ones? By temperature i dont mean color, but actual temperature (Celsius) Do they born hotter or colder than OEM?

Yes, same as OEM - no heat difference.

These will be coming out soon!

Thank you