GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno results Stage 2 Gti Mk6 DSG

bernardryan

Ready to race!
Ambient temp was around 31C at about 11am.

Mods: Apr stage 2 tune v2.1 Ron95 tune. (I have Ron95, Ron98, Valet and Stock tunes)
Hardware: CTS Turbo Intake stage 1 and 2 pipe, R8 Coilpacks, 3 inch downpipe w/o catalytic converter, full sized resonator, Valvetronic Exhaust
Fuel: BHP Infinity Ron97

Run 1: Close valve 233.62 hp/374.76 Nm
Run 2: Close valve 234.04 hp/379.77 Nm
Run 3: Open valve 240.10 hp/383.85 Nm
Run 4: Open valve 236.91 hp/370.20 Nm

These are all done consecutively one after the other.. I am guessing the 4th and final run, there was heatsoak and ECU retarded the last run.. That's why the big dip at ~2.5k rpm...

Anyone got any comments on this?

Dyno numbers look normal?

Guessing that the 15 to 20% losses from crank to wheel would make this a 280hp /450Nm crank power?

1st time doing Dyno to understand where I should be in the rev range when driving uphill and on highway drives...

Maybe next time, I will use the RON98 tune and with Petron Blaze RON100 to see what extra Hp/Nm I can get out of an open valve...

https://youtu.be/VUOA6Nqk-wg

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
The torque is massive, I'd actually like to have a bit less and a little more hp, but it really depends on your type of driving.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I wouldnt worry to much about Dyno numbers.

Does your car make you happy?

bernardryan

Ready to race!
Hmmm.. Hopefully there isn't a boost leak.. Any idea how complicated it is to check if there's leak? Can it be low due to Carbon buildup? 62k km already..

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

bernardryan

Ready to race!
So an update for everyone to comment and let me know...

Apparently there is a torque limiter (limited to 380Nm?? for the DSG Gearbox) and its suppose to be removed via a tune or flash.. I am not sure what that means because my ECU is already flashed/tune.. May be the DSG tune? but that shouldn't be the case right? Either way, I am getting the HPs but not the Torque...

So that's problem 1..

Problem 2 is there is something wrong with my 95 map.. There is a drop around the 2.7 to 3k rpm.. And i did some logs and showed heavily retardation on gears 3 and 4 for the degrees, sometimes it goes up to 6-7..

On 98 map, its smooth.. so hardware problems have been ruled out and all 3 dyno runs were on RON100 gas.

Anyone can chime in on my problems?

Attachments

• Dyno Golf Gti MK6 2013.jpg
    Dyno Golf Gti MK6 2013.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 4,377
Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The DSG does limit torque you need to get a DSG tune to bypass that. That being said it isn't truly required but the Factory DSG does start limiting how much torque can go down right around 350Nm.

That being said 380Nm (or ~280ftlbs) is about on par with what i get on my Stratified Flash tune (equivalent stage 2)

I sit around 240whp and 280wtq.

APR dynos at the hub(no wheels on) so their numbers are always a little higher than realistic real world expectations imo.

As for the dip on 95 it could just be fuel quality or the map is just mehh... if you can keep using at least 98/100 as it plays nicer with your car while using the 98 tune.

I personally wouldn't be upset with those numbers. Those are pretty average stage 2 numbers.

Charles@NGP

Ready to race!
For comparison, here's what my APR stage 2 CC (2.0T TSI, CCTA engine) put down on our in-house Dynojet on 93 octane. We have calibrated our dyno and APR themselves have used it for calibration of several MQB stage 3+ customer vehicles. They also stated that our dyno reads fairly low in comparison to others that they have used. This is right in line with what other tuners that use our dyno have told us before. Hence the "heartbreaker" nickname that many have given it.

Torque is set to FT-LBS and power output is uncorrected. It made "more power" with SAE smoothing applied.

My mod list can be found on this page.

What mileage does your car have? I'm always curious to see how much of a difference that higher mileage motors make vs lower mileage. Mine was at around 105k when I ran that dyno run.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
For comparison, here's what my APR stage 2 CC (2.0T TSI, CCTA engine) put down on our in-house Dynojet on 93 octane. We have calibrated our dyno and APR themselves have used it for calibration of several MQB stage 3+ customer vehicles. They also stated that our dyno reads fairly low in comparison to others that they have used. This is right in line with what other tuners that use our dyno have told us before. Hence the "heartbreaker" nickname that many have given it.

Torque is set to FT-LBS and power output is uncorrected. It made "more power" with SAE smoothing applied.

My mod list can be found on this page.

What mileage does your car have? I'm always curious to see how much of a difference that higher mileage motors make vs lower mileage. Mine was at around 105k when I ran that dyno run.

I dont know why your dyno is called heart braker 250whp and ~300wtq is on par with any stage 2 car ive ever seen.

Charles@NGP

Ready to race!
I dont know why your dyno is called heart braker 250whp and ~300wtq is on par with any stage 2 car ive ever seen.

My apologies, I should clarify, we haven't had anyone else dyno a stock turbo gen 1 TSI that can hit the numbers that I put down.

We've had a handful hit 243 HP and 305 FT-LBS at the wheels, but the average result for a gen 1 TSI APR stage 2 2.0T vehicle on our dyno is 240 HP and 300 FT-LBS at the wheels.

When APR was using our dyno, the results were about 7-8% lower than other dynos used.

Since we have an all new dynojet hardware stack, computer and software, I had to go dig up our good old trusty Windows XP laptop (it had a good run from 2004-2017) that we used to use to run our dyno. I pulled the top three WHP Gen 1 TSI runs and graphed them. One is a Mk6 GTI, and the other is a Mk6 GLI. I'm not sure what was going on with the torque pickup on the GTI run, but that's the highest that it put down. The GLI run is a lot better.

APR's 93 octane stage 2 whp dyno for comparison:

Last edited: