GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 10-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
UKGTI
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
....vs. very fast and crazy biker!

Was on the highway the other day, saw some guy on a crotch rocket and he was booking it weaving in and out of traffic.....WITH A PASSENGER! I'm not sure what bike it was, but it definitely wasn't a Ninja 250 . I managed to catch up with him during one of his "rest" periods on the highway (doing about 80) and I end up going past him casually. Literally two seconds later he is all over my rear egging me on, so just for fun I tank it to see what he does. Surely with a passenger he wont take the bait, wil he........

A few seconds later, he is flying past me on the inside with acceleration that must just be frightening on a bike. He is over 100 at this point and gets a good 5 car lengths on me in just a few seconds. I decide to follow him (what else can I do?). Next thing I know his passenger is hanging off the bike looking back towards me waving me on! That's right, the passenger is encouraging me! I'm thinking both of them are crazy but you could tell the guy clearly knew how to ride this thing. We have a bit of fun, nothing too dangerous and we go back and forth for about 10 miles before he exits, at which point we (including his nut case of a passenger) exchange a hilarious wave to each other across the highway.

Now I know there is no way I could get close to most entry level sport bikes, never mind a GSXR or something similar, but damn I didnt realize some of these bikes were that fast. I mean we would be at 90 and his acceleration from 90 was extraordinary. And again this guy had a passenger! I've seen videos of these things dicking all over lambo's, ferrari's etc and he was certainly having his fun with me in my little VW.

My next car.......is a bike!

(Yes I know, it was stupid and dangerous and I'm sorry. It was bloody fun though)
UKGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
mmm def
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 05 M3, 07 Honda Fit
I just sold my CBR600RR..that bike was STUPID fast and it was a 600cc. mid 10's in the 1/4. Scary but fun stuff.
mmm def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
moses
Touring Car Champion

Drives: GTI
i once was driving ~90 mph next to a guy on a crotch rocket. he motioned for me to race, and i was like, whatever, he'll smoke me.

but no, he evens the playing field, and pops a wheelie and proceeds to accelerate to 140 (still faster than me) before getting two wheels on the ground.

bikes are a different breed of crazy.

APR S2, EJ FMIC, BSH Pendulum Kit, EVOMS SRI, Autotech CB, A&L Catless DP, etc.
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
iGTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: A car with round vents
Embed vid not working...
iGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
heartcoke
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Candy White DSG GTI
Bikes rape, but so does the ground after you fall off.
2010 VW DSG 2 Door Candy White GTi // APR Stage II 1.2 Flash // APR Stage I Intake // USP Non-Catted Downpipe // 17" Denvers // Cloth Interior // Premium Dynaudio // Bi-Xenon Headlights // Tints: 5% Front, 15% Rear, 20% Strip on Front Window//
Bianca Build Thread (Other Mods Listed Here)
heartcoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:08 AM   #6
FinalOne
Touring Car Champion

Drives: GTI DSG sunroof, xenon, steel gray
The 2010 GSXR 1000cc for example has 190HP power and weights 200 kilos
no GTI can beat that, in fact no car beat that!
Old 10-23-2010, 04:32 AM   #7
cnimativ
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr MT CSG
No way you can beat an sports bike. GTI probably can't beat some of the faster mopeds 0-60...

Stop wet dreaming. GTI is a good car but nowhere near a fast car. It might give you a false sense of speed but it's definitely not fast.
cnimativ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:54 AM   #8
Nefilim
Oval Newbie

Drives: Black '10 GTI, Blue '07 Yamaha FZ6
I always love hearing the folly of new motorcyclists saying they want to "start small with a 600cc sportbike" when I tell them to start with a standard or cruiser-type with a mid-sized engine. My 18-year-old cousin had the cajones to tell me that my 100hp bike that goes 0-60 in 3.3 seconds was "girly" because it wasn't a Hayabusa. He "plans" on getting a GSX-R600 as a starter bike - see how long that lasts.
Nefilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #9
KanDyWyte
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: White 5-Door GTI MKVI
Haha! Vid or it didn't happen. All I know is when I start thinking my car as quick... I get on my Yahmaha R6 (I know... im getting either a 750 or 1000 in a year) and I realize I'm wasting my $ makin the VW "fast!" Ha! But I still enjoy it none the less.

Here's a pic since this post has none and I <3 Whoring out my pics (picture taken when my car was 1 week old 10/30/09 and stock mode).

Old 10-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
UKGTI
Rally Car Newbie

Yeh I have always wanted a bike to be honest but have never gotten around to it. Like I said in my post, I know most cars cannot beat most bikes, but we still had fun.

However I did have one advantage - I was able to drink my coffee, listen to the radio and feel the cool breeze of my A/C whilst we were having our fun. Not sure he can say the same.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #11
UKGTI
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
i once was driving ~90 mph next to a guy on a crotch rocket. he motioned for me to race, and i was like, whatever, he'll smoke me.

but no, he evens the playing field, and pops a wheelie and proceeds to accelerate to 140 (still faster than me) before getting two wheels on the ground.

bikes are a different breed of crazy.
You mean something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5g5J4mq8nE
Old 10-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #12
bmw3wags
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Crap for Now
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanDyWyte View Post
Haha! Vid or it didn't happen. All I know is when I start thinking my car as quick... I get on my Yahmaha R6 (I know... im getting either a 750 or 1000 in a year) and I realize I'm wasting my $ makin the VW "fast!" Ha! But I still enjoy it none the less.

Here's a pic since this post has none and I <3 Whoring out my pics (picture taken when my car was 1 week old 10/30/09 and stock mode).

That is and sweet R6......makes me want to upgrade from a 09 ninja 250(Great Starter bike but after 2 years and a few thousand miles starts to get boring) especially after riding my friends cbr600.
bmw3wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:12 PM   #13
Boo
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
I used to have a liter bike. Once you've ridden a sport bike, you realize cars- not just the GTI- are slow.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:59 AM   #14
DRedman45
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: UG '10 4dr gti(sold)-E86 //M coupe
Send a message via AIM to DRedman45
my buddy jumped straight into a cbr 1000 and i thought he was insane...he was still in high school too...i am saving up to get a harley as my 2nd bike...im nt crazy enough for a crotch rocket haha