GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 09-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
stn102

Drives: 2013 VW Golf R MK6
Golf R MK6 Driving Lights

I bought some street legal Hella 500 driving lights for my mk6 R and I don't have a place to put them. I want to put them in between the two grilles, but there is no place to mount them. I tried a license plate mount, but the first speed bump I went over they fell off. Does anyone have a suggestion?
stn102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:45 AM   #2
ChurchXD
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Salvaged R
Quote:
Originally Posted by stn102 View Post
I bought some street legal Hella 500 driving lights for my mk6 R and I don't have a place to put them. I want to put them in between the two grilles, but there is no place to mount them. I tried a license plate mount, but the first speed bump I went over they fell off. Does anyone have a suggestion?
You could custom build a bracket that comes off your impact bar that's behind your plastic bumper. But it would take some fab skills

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
ChurchXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:54 PM   #3
B5crazy
Ready to race!

Drives: 2012 GOLF R, 1992 Cabriolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stn102 View Post
I've got Hella 550s and wanted to do the same thing. Keep us in the loop on your progress.
B5crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:58 PM   #4
stn102

Drives: 2013 VW Golf R MK6
So basically I mounted them again to the bumper with very large washers to spread the weight out and it seems to be working
stn102 is offline   Reply With Quote