GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 10-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #1
watusay
Ready to race!

Drives: MK6 R 2013
DSG Oil Overheat

Hey guys, having a weird issue that I havent had before (unless I launched too many times).

My car is Stage2+ and has been for a while. It recently went to the dealer for its service and they changed the DSG fluid.

All is well, until I decide to launch the car. And as soon as I do that the DSG Overheat red warning comes on. Car has Unitronic DSG tune.

VCDS shows an average og 80 to 90 degrees celsius on all 3 blocks on Group 019 when the car is fully warmed up and have given it a few WOT runs. Only when I launch does the Clutch Fluid Temp shoot up to 170 celsius and as soon as I back off it takes a few seconds for it to come down to 100 degrees celsius.
Also have loaded the Stage2+ 98 tune ( was using a watered down 95tune as the fuel is bad here) since I have my WMI installed. Zero timing issues and the car feels amazing and strong

Do you think the dealer underfilled or orfilled my gearbox. Or is the torque from the stronger tune overheating the DSG? I am using the DSG tune and it has never done this before
watusay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:29 AM   #2
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Offhand it sounds underfilled. How many miles/km and have you ever changed the coolant? Possible your radiator has some bent fins or blockage that would prevent cooling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
watusay
Ready to race!

Car has 50K KM only. Coolant has been done and no the fins etc are awesome. Only happens when I launch. I did my own DSG service 15k KM ago and did use Motul DTCF and never had a single probblem. It now does it every single time I try launch, even on a cool day, can be my first launch and all the fluid temps are ideal, I just launch, temp goes up and warning comes, I back off and in literally 10 seconds it goes back to ideal
Old 10-16-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
I also run motul. Sounds like oem fluid is not up to the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:28 PM   #5
watusay
Ready to race!

The OEM fluid is quite decent, I had it before changing to Motul and was handling the launches okay.
Ive also read that over filling can cause heat issues as well...just dont know what the best way to make the car level would be in my garage, as I have no decent lift around me for about 250KM. My garage is flat
Old 10-27-2016, 01:35 AM   #6
MacRadiators
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Leon FR
Just remove oil, and then put 4.7l inside the gearbox, filling from the filter's side.
I also use motul dctf and its perfect.
MacRadiators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:42 PM   #7
thzpcs
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 BMP GTI
It sounds like a sensor wire might be loose
thzpcs is offline   Reply With Quote