GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-08-2017, 08:15 PM   #71
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
DBV uses a Mitsubishi MHI core matted to a IHI turbo... itís a TD06 joined to a stock turbo (internals changed obviously).

Iím not sure what beach buggy turbo uses in terms of the exact turbo but my understanding is that itís a modified k04.

Either way Iím pretty sure quite a few members here rock their turbos...

F23 is pretty mute at this point. Many people have had issues with it and Iím pretty sure it came to light that it was a Chinese core or something like that

I donno, Iím of the mindset that if Iím gonna swap my turbo out.. I want the max hp/tq that is safe on stock internals and fueling. 330whp just doesnít cut it for me
Are you stage 2? If so, do you have any idea what 330 who feels like on a FWD GTI? Traction is minimal until at least 3rd gear, and most of the time not until 4th. 330 who is A LOT more than people realize.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #72
GreyGti1990
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Totally sorry for thread jacking this post.

FriggenT - Yes the hybrid k04 + custom tune route would be more expensive than a p&p k04 but it would still be cheaper than a big turbo kit. This I am ok with. Maybe K04 is enough for me; I'm not sure. Considering this is my daily driver.. it might be more than enough.

Yes I am stage 2; I have all the bolt ons possible so the next step would be a turbo swap of some kind. I guess I just want to be different and not go the traditional way (k04) and I do have a semi local tuner in my state (United Motorsports). Time will ultimately tell as I still have about a year before I heavily consider the turbo swap. And I'm pretty sure traction is such an issue with k04 because of the massive TQ they put out (almost 400 I believe? Maybe 380-90), not the 330whp.

K04 is definitely the tried and true method, no doubt about that. Maybe i'll dare to be different... maybe not
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #73
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Totally sorry for thread jacking this post.

FriggenT - Yes the hybrid k04 + custom tune route would be more expensive than a p&p k04 but it would still be cheaper than a big turbo kit. This I am ok with. Maybe K04 is enough for me; I'm not sure. Considering this is my daily driver.. it might be more than enough.

Yes I am stage 2; I have all the bolt ons possible so the next step would be a turbo swap of some kind. I guess I just want to be different and not go the traditional way (k04) and I do have a semi local tuner in my state (United Motorsports). Time will ultimately tell as I still have about a year before I heavily consider the turbo swap. And I'm pretty sure traction is such an issue with k04 because of the massive TQ they put out (almost 400 I believe? Maybe 380-90), not the 330whp.

K04 is definitely the tried and true method, no doubt about that. Maybe i'll dare to be different... maybe not
I have the UM tune. I like it, just have a few bugs to work out with the high rpm breaking up, but the car is fast
Old 11-09-2017, 04:34 PM   #74
GreyGti1990
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
I have the UM tune. I like it, just have a few bugs to work out with the high rpm breaking up, but the car is fast
Are you K04 or stage 2?
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:53 PM   #75
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Are you K04 or stage 2?
K04