GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

X2 Lithium Power Sport Battery

AM407

Autocross Champion
Did you try turning your headlights on for a minute before starting the car? Apparently, that will warm up the battery and improve its cranking power.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Did you try turning your headlights on for a minute before starting the car? Apparently, that will warm up the battery and improve its cranking power.

I have done this, but it seems to only work in the low teens and above.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Hmm... I did not know of the headlight trick! I'll try it from now on lol, can't hurt.

weird though, my car only struggled 1 day and I think it was because of the mixture of it being 10 degrees or colder and it sitting in the driveway for about 2 days while I was on vacation.

We don't get a lot of days that are this cold so I am ok with dealing with this but Canada is a different story! I was just talking to a co-worker and she said it was up to -40 degrees a couple days ago in Calgary! Thats crazy; I think I would turn into an icicle if i ventured outside in that weather.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Ive got a deka 16xl battery or whatever it is; think its close to 15-20lbs but so far in 0-ish degree weather its starting up fine. A little slow but that could just be the oil lol

mistaleungg

Go Kart Newbie
With lithium battery, can I not turning on the car for a week or two ?
I saw it comes with a charger in Hyde post, may i ask what it is for?