GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 12-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #1
mrlonger
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf Mk6 GT 1.4TSI Cabriolet
Sequential/dynamic rear turn signals

Has anybody successfully added sequential (otherwise known as dynamic) turns signals to the rear of a Mk6 Golf?
A Korean website shows such installations. Search on youtube for"dbtune ansan" and find the video clip with "mk6" in its title.
mrlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
spiker369
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Pure White 2017 SE GTI

To achieve this I'm 99% sure they had to custom fabricate an LED board to fit inside the housings since the turn signal in these are a type of wedge bulb. Other than that they might be a korean knock off of the LED tail lights that include sequential signals. I know there are some newer replicas for the mk7 that are including sequential signals so I would imagine the same could be in production for the mk6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingthesickness View Post
this car is lower than my self esteem
spiker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
That's badass! I would definitely be interested in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:29 PM   #4
sniper27
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI DE
They are bright as heck too, unlike the wedge bulb we have. Also, brake lights are both inner and outer. Me likey.
sniper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 03:39 PM   #5
The Yetti
Oval Champion

Drives: 2013 CSG GTI
Hmmm. So did a little googling and found this website: http://www.dombang.com/

This looks to be their major site. But I can't speak korean and google doesn't do a good translation so but was wondering if anyone knew and get some insight.
'13 CSG/APR Stage 2 V2/Carbonio Intake/Magnaflow CBE/Eurojet Catted Downpipe/H&R 26-22/DG Springs/Depo Tails/EuroSwitch/UB and RB/Hawk 5.0 Pads/SS lines/TyrolSport Brake Bushings/Enkei RPF1 17x7.5/Conti DWS06 225-45/VagCom Tweaks/35% Tint/DeAutoKey LEDs: Interior kit, Reverse, Front-Rear Turn Signals, Fogs/RCD330+/
The Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:29 AM   #6
mk6'12gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 4dr Black Gti
it cost 250 usd + shipping once they receive them (outer led tails) they can install the dynamic turn signals in the same day an ship them back out.
| Apr Ko4 v3.2 | Apr Stage 2 Dsg | Do88 Ic | IE Intake | Circuitwerks Turboback | Ecs Street Shield | R8 Coils | S3 Style Top | Spulen Throttle Pipe | Uni Dv Relocate | 034 Street Density Mounts | 034 Pendulum Mount | Hpa 80A Puck | P3 Gauge | GFB Dv+ | Apr Catch Can | Osram Headlights | Oem Cherry Led Tails | Bc Br Extreme Lows | Urotuning Rear Sway Bar | Ecs Rear Subframe Brace |
mk6'12gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:29 PM   #7
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

I just had a thought that would be even more badass in my opinion. If the clear parts of the inner tail lights (the backup light section) could be incorporated into the dynamic turn signals but be switchback to still work as backup lights...

Does that make sense?

Old 01-03-2017, 04:21 PM   #8
cosmo10292
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 vw mk6 gti Wolfsburg edition
when i pull my tails apart ill be using these for sequential turn signals http://www.xkglow.com/XKGLOW_Sequent...p/xk043001.htm
Old 01-03-2017, 06:21 PM   #9
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

Sequential/dynamic rear turn signals

I was just thinking about you earlier, cosmo. I thought we could use your experience/expertise at the table.

I brought those up when I was searching. If they only light up white for use as drls in the front, would that work as far as lighting up white for the backup lights?

Old 01-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #10
cosmo10292
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
I was just thinking about you earlier, cosmo. I thought we could use your experience/expertise at the table.

I brought those up when I was searching. If they only light up white for use as drls in the front, would that work as far as lighting up white for the backup lights?

they use a "switchback" box so you can have the turn signal power connected for sequential turn signals and you can run the white drl power to the reverse light np! it would be BRIGHT AS HELL too
Old 01-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #11
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

Hells yeah! Are you going to be doing this to your smoked cherries? I look forward to seeing the end result.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #12
cosmo10292
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
Hells yeah! Are you going to be doing this to your smoked cherries? I look forward to seeing the end result.

Yup! the internals will be getting hydrodipped as well!
Old 01-19-2017, 06:51 PM   #13
mrlonger
Passed Driver's Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo10292 View Post
when i pull my tails apart ill be using these for sequential turn signals http://www.xkglow.com/XKGLOW_Sequent...p/xk043001.htm
I had the same idea. But I returned these flexible LED sequential turn signals for a refund because they were not bright enough - far dimmer than the standard bulb...(Fortunately I didn't pull my tail lights apart).
Old 02-19-2017, 02:23 PM   #14
mrlonger
Passed Driver's Ed

I’ve now successfully installed sequential LED turn signals on my Mk6. I used an “exLED DIY PCB Series - DB18 1533L2 Bar Sequential Vertical” from a Korean outfit called “exLED” [website http://www.exledshop.com/universal-l...ical-copy.html].

The LED bar cost $53 (plus import duties and taxes of course). Briefly, I cut the bar in two, one half for each side’s turn signal. An access hole was cut in each OEM LED rear light unit and the LED sequential bar slid into place, and connected up to the existing turn signal wiring. Please be aware that to work on the LED bar does require some delicate soldering expertise.

The original turn signal light bulbs were retained in service to stop any ‘bulb out’ warning and the subsequent low voltage rear turn signal. Each bulb is 21watts and each LED half-bar is another 6watts: no adverse effects found. Note that the bulb’s light output is effectively blocked by the sequential LED bar, and an internal lens (in the OEM light unit) protects the LED bar from any damage by the bulb’s heat output.

My result is so like the other Korean outfit’s video (see the first posts) that I have to believe that what I’ve achieved is almost precisely what they did!