GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock springs with SuperPro Ball Joints?

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I don't know where you got that number, but I'm pretty sure you're off by half. I also would not accept as much as -.5 off as "fine" any more than I would accept Subaru's claim that a quart of oil consumed every 1k is normal.

To make sure I wasn't crazy I just looked at a half a dozen alignment sheets posted by GTI owners on this subject. The sum of both sides on a healthy car should be roughly -2.0. Add or subtract a tenth or two for worn bushings or key parts like the ball joints, strut tops, or rear position control arm bushing housings being pressed the wrong way against the bolts that secure them in place.

I don't know exactly what your alignment numbers are, maybe it's fine, or maybe you're trying to use expensive aftermarket parts to band-aid a problem. All I'm saying is that if it's off by .5 or more you might want to have a close look. The stock spindles are cast, really weak, and easily bent. Also, that rear position control arm bushing is really sad, even brand new.

If you search these forums you'll see a front factory camber spec range of -.5° +/- .5°. You'll also find most alignment sheets show a range of -.2° to -1.2°.
I never said or implied that .5° difference l/r was "fine". I stated that it indicated that the subframe needed to be adjusted in order to equalize camber.
As for the comment about expensive aftermarket fixes, it's either we shift the subframe or find another way to adjust camber (hence the reason for the use of either camber plates or adjustable balljoints). At any rate, it sounds like you've decided to go a different route than the subject of this thread, and it may warrant your own thread to keep this one on topic. Best of luck!