GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 02-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #29
lostk
Touring Car Champion

Drives: pos mk6 gtiiii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
There's public transportation and your two legs to either walk or bike. Do the crime, do the time (or pay the fine).

There's a time and place for everything, sometimes getting a ticket reminds us of that.
agreed...but we do live in america...where public transportation isnt the norm in most of the country...but rest of ur post i agree w/...
lostk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #30
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostk View Post
agreed...but we do live in america...where public transportation isnt the norm in most of the country...but rest of ur post i agree w/...
Yeah, good point. Depending where the OP lives, public trans could be damn near impossible or very inconvenient and not line up with his schedule.

It's one of those "should of thought of that, before you _______".

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #31
lostk
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
Yeah, good point. Depending where the OP lives, public trans could be damn near impossible or very inconvenient and not line up with his schedule.

It's one of those "should of thought of that, before you _______".
but hes 17...some ppl have to learn it the hard way...dont think its constructive to scrutinize his upbringing...just dislike much of the tone presented in this thread against him...
Old 02-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #32
nickmk6r
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 MK6 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostk View Post
but hes 17...some ppl have to learn it the hard way...dont think its constructive to scrutinize his upbringing...just dislike much of the tone presented in this thread against him...

You seem to hate me, not sure why. Im not trying to be an asshole, I get that I broke the law and cant just "get away with it". Just trying to get peoples inputs on what to do. Sorry I dont want my entire summer ruined because of one small, stupid mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickmk6r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #33
lostk
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmk6r View Post
You seem to hate me, not sure why. Im not trying to be an asshole, I get that I broke the law and cant just "get away with it". Just trying to get peoples inputs on what to do. Sorry I dont want my entire summer ruined because of one small, stupid mistake

na man...im defending u..re-read again...
Old 02-21-2017, 02:28 PM   #34
Blakcard
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
i agree...who's never gotten a speeding ticket when they were a teenager? The laws in that state just a bit harsher...can't hate cause dude has an R @ 16 or 17... kudos to the parents that trust him with that much power. It's a harsh lesson to learn at any age to have your licence suspended. At least he wasn't doing 90 or 100... 70 in a 60 isn't that bad.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #35
nickmk6r
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
i agree...who's never gotten a speeding ticket when they were a teenager? The laws in that state just a bit harsher...can't hate cause dude has an R @ 16 or 17... kudos to the parents that trust him with that much power. It's a harsh lesson to learn at any age to have your licence suspended. At least he wasn't doing 90 or 100... 70 in a 60 isn't that bad.

Yeah, i guess im also a little bit mad because one of my friends got pulled over going 93 in a 55 and he only lost his license for 20 days. A few of my friends have had that because they live in NH. Lesson definetly learned

Old 02-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #36
lostk
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Yeah, i guess im also a little bit mad because one of my friends got pulled over going 93 in a 55 and he only lost his license for 20 days. A few of my friends have had that because they live in NH. Lesson definetly learned

no ones perfect...just chalk it up as a hard lesson learned...it sux but gotta pay 2 play bro...good luck & hope it works out for you in the end....
Old 02-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #37
VR6Growl
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '12 Jetta 2.5 SEL; '14 328D xDrive
Quote:
Most people id understand this, but school for me is over 40 miles away, work being 20, and the nearest bus station is around 25 miles. Uber would be my only option but thats ridiculously expensive to do every single day.

So you need to talk to the prosecutor and try to get a deal worked out in advance. Let him know it was a stupid mistake. Let him know you are happy to do a safety course if he can recommend one. Let him know you work 20 miles away, go to school 40 miles away, and don't have any public transportation options near you. Let him know you are happy to do community service or other alternatives, but you really need your license to continue your work and education.

Most prosecutors will work with you in this situation; but you have to open the door.
VR6Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #38
nickmk6r
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6Growl View Post
So you need to talk to the prosecutor and try to get a deal worked out in advance. Let him know it was a stupid mistake. Let him know you are happy to do a safety course if he can recommend one. Let him know you work 20 miles away, go to school 40 miles away, and don't have any public transportation options near you. Let him know you are happy to do community service or other alternatives, but you really need your license to continue your work and education.

Most prosecutors will work with you in this situation; but you have to open the door.

Thank you for the input, didn't really think of it

Old 02-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #39
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
who's never gotten a speeding ticket when they were a teenager?
Some of just get lucky lol...

About 10 years I got pulled over while going 15-20 over the speed limit and I was just about to take a hit from my pipe. The officer took my stash, smashed my pipe, and let me drive away with a verbal warning.

Last year I would have gotten my first speeding ticket at 28, but the officer let me go with a warning because of my perfect record.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #40
Goingnowherefast
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 16 GTI S 6MT, 91 Miata
Quote:

x2

Turbo miata build starting here: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96866
Goingnowherefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #41
Blakcard
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:

damn good advice, good idea to do this sooner than later too.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #42
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '12 Golf R
Quote:

Fight the ticket. No need for a lawyer. Do your research for people's experiences in your state. I've fought almost every ticket I've ever gotten and had it reduced to no points or lower points and just paid the fine.... which is really what they are after.

1.) plead NOT guilty
2.) show up to court dressed professionally.
3.) be respectful and apologetic
4.) talk to cop or prosecutor about lowering ticket to non-point violation
5.) profit

The last one I did was super smooth. I was hit for 75 in a 55. I pleaded not guilty and showed up fo my court date dressed professionally. I waited in line to see the prosecutor and when it was my turn he says "Are you disputing the violation or are you just worried about the points?". I said I just wanted to lower the points and, boom, he goes "OK, how does 9mph over limit sound? No points." I said sounds great. He said "ok, here you go. Take that to the clerk over there and pay the fine and you are all set." Thank you sir!

I didn't even need to deal with the cop. Experiences differ tho so that's why you have to research what goes on in your town to know what to expect.
thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote