GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 02-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #43
Forever_Dub_Club
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI CSG
A GolfR at 17? Speeding ticket advice? Don't speed to impress your friends in the car...
There's a time and place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
DIY prep for Overfender Nationals 2016
Forever_Dub_Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #44
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '12 Golf R
Listen to everybody on their high horse in here
thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:05 AM   #45
1ashchuckton
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Carbon Steel Grey DSG
Not on a horse here, I'd probably fall off. No hate from me, hate is bad for a person & I'm trying to live a good life. We ALL make mistakes & hopefully we learn from them.

Like I said before, Nick get a lawyer. Going in yourself & playing one is going to do you no good. A lawyer may be able to get you a to work & to school driving privileges. I think that really is the best you can hope for considering you already have a ticket to your name. Good luck & take this lesson to heart.
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:46 AM   #46
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmk6r View Post
Most people id understand this, but school for me is over 40 miles away, work being 20, and the nearest bus station is around 25 miles. Uber would be my only option but thats ridiculously expensive to do every single day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sucks for you.. you think you would have valued your privilege of a car after the first suspension since you rely so heavily on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostk View Post
but hes 17...some ppl have to learn it the hard way...dont think its constructive to scrutinize his upbringing...just dislike much of the tone presented in this thread against him...
Yep.. I got a ticket at 16 and learned.
I didnt need to make it again a year later to get a 6 month suspension to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostk View Post
na man...im defending u..re-read again...
This is actually true lol. LostK actually stuck up for you.. But its LostK so he gets hated on no matter what he says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude4bides View Post
Listen to everybody on their high horse in here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #47
scirocco16V
Autocross Champion

Drives: 1981 MKI Scirocco 16V/2011 MKVI GTi
radar units are to be calibrated before each shift, if the officer cant produce the documentation that it was calibrated to manufacture specifications prior to his shift, as your in court, he will impeach himself in the eyes of the court.
scirocco16V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:53 PM   #48
ryanbmk6

Drives: 2011 GTI REVO stg1
So I was in the same spot as you actually. I'm 23 now but when I was your age I got a ticket for 71 in a 55 when I was sixteen and then a year later got another bullshit ticket for going into a turn lane too soon (pulling into the shoulder before the turn lane actually started.)

First tip, and this one is important, DONT EVER SAY YOU DIDNT DO IT.
Unless you seriously did not do the violation never claim you're innocent. You will lose every time. Best bet is to say yes you did it and request a hearing to explain yourself. That way they can have mercy on you and give you a break.

I remember we had to go to a hearing with the dmv. It was interesting, but the state had nothing to do with it, it was the dmv that would take my license.

Me and my dad went in very polite and professional and explained to the judge that I made a mistake blah blah blah. It's important to stay humble.

Explain that you have a no and or school and that you're very serious about these things. I had been working sense I was 14 so that helped.

Also I was 17 driving a sky blue 2005 Toyota Sienna...not a golf R...so yeah lol.

ryanbmk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #49
ryanbmk6

Serious be careful about pleading not guilty. Where I live if you plead not guilty they will bone you as hard as they can.

It I got clocked doing 127 in a 55 and got away with paying $80 no points... so yeah. I've done well for myself lol

Old 03-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #50
ahard48
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '14 GTI Wolfsburg Powered By Paypal
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmk6r View Post
Have 6 days to make up my mind. Live in and got pulled over in Maine if that matters.

Would like to hear the outcome of this situation. Any updates??
APR Stage 1 l APR Carbonio Intake 1+ 2 l OEM Roof Rack l DeAutoKey l Nokya 2500k Fogs l 35% Tint l CW Rear Inlay l HPA shifter/42dd bushings l P3 Vent Gauge l ST Coilovers l Eurojet DP l Beluga Exhaust
ahard48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #51
nickmk6r
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2013 MK6 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahard48 View Post
Would like to hear the outcome of this situation. Any updates??

Nothing yet

nickmk6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:13 AM   #52
Do Work, Son
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: A car.
I didn't read the OP nor am I a traffic lawyer but I have watched the occasional legal drama so I feel qualified to offer an opinion here.

Really it's less about the content of your argument and more about the manner in which it's delivered. Wear a suit, that's an obvious sign of success. Casually drop that you moved back several "red team" meetings to squeeze in time for the judge, this will make him feel valued. Point out that it looks like he's lost a little weight.

Make sure during your opening argument to repeatedly gesture towards the low-ranking police officer who pulled you over, take special care to point out his youth and inexperience. If you have any compromising photos of the officer at a something like a donkey show or Nickleback concert, now would a be a good time enter them as evidence of his immaturity or poor music taste. The occasional "Objection! Hearsay!" is a good way to keep the officer nervous and on his heels.

If the judge is wearing a wedding band, make sure to compliment his wife's cooking or choice of window treatments. If he has a particularly masculine mustache, indicate that you're planning to grow a similar one.

Always present your speed's unit of measurement in metric, this bit of subterfuge could add a layer of uncertainty to the officer's testimony. If he contends the speed was recorded in miles per hour, this is a good time to give a dismissive hand gesture and offer the documented precedent that inexperienced radar gun operators are prone to calibrate complex electronic devices incorrectly. Demand the officer's cellphone or personal computer be cross examined, if he has icons just plastered all over his desktop this can be a clear sign of his lack of organization with respect to job tools.

Remember, you're there to "resolve this matter amicably" - not "fight a ticket." The occasional wink and finger pistol softens up even the most curmudgeonly magistrate. Keep offering platitudes about his wisdom and experience with such obvious cases of "gross incompetence and possibly racism..." Let that last word hang ominously, most legal bodies want to shy away from the possibility of unwanted attention from civil rights commissions.

This will probably serve you pretty well, be sure to thank me after your hearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Work, Son View Post
The only thing more pretentious than quoting yourself in your own signature is multi-quoting yourself in your own signature. Think about that one.
Mods: Rain-X Latitude Wipers

Last edited by Do Work, Son; 03-04-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Do Work, Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:18 AM   #53
1ashchuckton

Drives: 2013 GTI Carbon Steel Grey DSG
^^^ Thank you for the laugh!
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #54
aj_law
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
*slow clap*
('12 4DR/TR/6MT GTI - MEMBER OF THE 130K+ MILE CLUB) WISHLIST (bolded done...lol): Performance - Unitronic Stage 1 & CAI // Unibrace UB // DG springs // H&R 26FSB/22RSB // Tyrolsport Subframe Kit ||| Cosmetic - OZ Leggera HLT // Color matched markers/lip/rear emblem insert // OEM Black emblems // Depo Tinted LED tails // Raceseng Ashiko shift knob // 30% tint // Soundaktor delete
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:58 PM   #55
blackgold
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 GTi
Next time, crack the window and tell the office you are a sovereign citizen/being and you do not aknowledge his illegal state and federal laws. It's gotten me off of 3 tickets so far.
Brian
blackgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #56
ryanbmk6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgold View Post
Next time, crack the window and tell the office you are a sovereign citizen/being and you do not aknowledge his illegal state and federal laws. It's gotten me off of 3 tickets so far.
Brian

Literally the worst idea ever.