*insert BS about 'well, a stage 2 gti with stage 2 intake' could have...*
*insert standard 'you magazine bench racer' BS to posts against Veyron kill*

That about sum it up?

Oh that is too funny, as was Gun Kata's thread. :lol:

JP

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
vtec didnt kick in for the veyron yo

You would have put more on him if you had turned off the AC brah, it's been tested.

good points...

I did modify my interior as such:

Will this help?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
this needed to be bumped again....

Randum

Go Kart Champion
wanted to say I finally saw one on the road in real life. However I was walking in Miami, saw it coming up, and sounded awesome. He had a bumper sticker that said "I'd rather be in a GTI" ;)

That is all.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^^ haha!

Well, I went stage II - ya know, that downpipe and just a new map/reflash that only deletes the CEL on my dash, and doesn't actually raise boost levels or adjust AFR/timing or anything (like other tunes/mods on turbo cars), and today I really pulled on the Bugatti and beat him on my way to the bank - through a school zone - and past a state trooper. It was truly amazing....

Jasoncor

Really, I beat a Bugatti in my gti before also. Its a driver vs driver race, as the gti is a monster from the factory. I also beat a porsche 997 turbo, he beat me from a launch and then I just pulled on him. Clearly I'm a better driver then most with my dsg.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
^^ haha!

Well, I went stage II - ya know, that downpipe and just a new map/reflash that only deletes the CEL on my dash, and doesn't actually raise boost levels or adjust AFR/timing or anything (like other tunes/mods on turbo cars), and today I really pulled on the Bugatti and beat him on my way to the bank - through a school zone - and past a state trooper. It was truly amazing....

NO WAY man ! come on... listen

U should know that your O.Z ultraleggera are the main reason why u pulled the bugatti.

Every car is different but in general 100lbs= a .10 ET reduction, this forumla does not work for faster cars but is a good guidline for a street car.

As for wheels they can help quite a bit up to .3 in my experience. Now I gotta say this next part. Whatever gains you see from them on your little Gtech thingy should not be quoted as REAL WORLD gains, when you talking gains of less than .3 tenths there is no way of knowing if the gains were from better driving, weather, a tail wind etc. Please listen to people who have more experience than you do.

Stage 1, 2 or 3 has nothing to do with it. Get over it.

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
i've never seen a bugatti in Boston.. i think they would be smart enough NOT to bring a 2mil dollar car anywhere near New England roads.. Apparently the top 4 worst drivers in the country are New Jersey, Washington DC, New York, then Massachusetts
:thumbsup: for being number 4

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Really, I beat a Bugatti in my gti before also. Its a driver vs driver race, as the gti is a monster from the factory. I also beat a porsche 997 turbo, he beat me from a launch and then I just pulled on him. Clearly I'm a better driver then most with my dsg.

lol!! the DSG was clearly a huge factor!! :)

NO WAY man ! come on... listen

U should know that your O.Z ultraleggera are the main reason why u pulled the bugatti.

Every car is different but in general 100lbs= a .10 ET reduction, this forumla does not work for faster cars but is a good guidline for a street car.

As for wheels they can help quite a bit up to .3 in my experience. Now I gotta say this next part. Whatever gains you see from them on your little Gtech thingy should not be quoted as REAL WORLD gains, when you talking gains of less than .3 tenths there is no way of knowing if the gains were from better driving, weather, a tail wind etc. Please listen to people who have more experience than you do.

Stage 1, 2 or 3 has nothing to do with it. Get over it.

WTF? are you high???? you know this thread is a JOKE right?!?!? :lol: I have no "gtech thingy" either :laugh:

i've never seen a bugatti in Boston.. i think they would be smart enough NOT to bring a 2mil dollar car anywhere near New England roads.. Apparently the top 4 worst drivers in the country are New Jersey, Washington DC, New York, then Massachusetts
:thumbsup: for being number 4

Yeah, there is a sweet video of that guy crashing one down south somewhere, texas I think?

2.06thgen

Ready to race!
you're brave I may f*ck around with the srt8 but that I would have gave him some vdub, took a picture and kept it moving lol

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
WTF? are you high???? you know this thread is a JOKE right?!?!? :lol: I have no "gtech thingy" either :laugh:

lol

I was kidding too.

The entirely threat is ironic, I wrote my part.

Btw, did you really got stage2 ?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
nah, probably never will. The minimal gains aren't worth the extra loudness, money, and probably a slight smell from changing up the pipes.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
nah, probably never will. The minimal gains aren't worth the extra loudness, money, and probably a slight smell from changing up the pipes.

I beg to differ, the gains are not minimal at all (with the 1.2 update), the car is FAST with stage 2, the pull in higher gears feels so good. Loudness, you only hear it when you floor it and catted and resonated is quite silent. Money, I got mine used for 200 and something. Smell? not with a cat.

That said, I sold my downpipe and went back to stage 1, only because of the wastegate sound that gets really amplified with aftermarket downpipes. I really miss that power, but I couldn't stand the rattle.